Who does NOT have a bank account? Why not?

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Banks are pieces of %@*#. There is one thing and one thing only that banks do and that is make money off of their customers. These corporations have been outed as laundering channels for criminals and drug cartels, I don't understand how any sane person can have an ounce of respect or loyalty towards them.

Not only has it been an absolute eye opening experience getting away from banks, it has changed my life for the better. You have the power to lead your life in the way you choose, don't feel obligated or dependent on these power and money hungry scumbags.
Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 

Banks are pieces of %@*#. There is one thing and one thing only that banks do and that is make money off of their customers. These corporations have been outed as laundering channels for criminals and drug cartels, I don't understand how any sane person can have an ounce of respect or loyalty towards them.

Not only has it been an absolute eye opening experience getting away from banks, it has changed my life for the better. You have the power to lead your life in the way you choose, don't feel obligated or dependent on these power and money hungry scumbags.
Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 
Proof? Every business is out there to make money of customers, that's why it's called  BUSINESS. When your fortune is burned in a box of Nikes, don't make a post it on NT and whine about it. 

Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 
Proof? Every business is out there to make money of customers, that's why it's called  BUSINESS. When your fortune is burned in a box of Nikes, don't make a post it on NT and whine about it. 

I dont understand the hate towards banks in this thread

Read the fine print, spend what you have and there shouldnt really be any problems IMO

Read the fine print, spend what you have and there shouldnt really be any problems IMO

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 
Get real. These banks are full of slimeballs that are no better than the criminals they launder money for. You work for a bank though, right? No point then, that's like talking to a used car salesman about shady practices of used car dealers.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 
Get real. These banks are full of slimeballs that are no better than the criminals they launder money for. You work for a bank though, right? No point then, that's like talking to a used car salesman about shady practices of used car dealers.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

It's usually the "I hate the government blah blah conspiracy this conspiracy that" people

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

It's usually the "I hate the government blah blah conspiracy this conspiracy that" people

Originally Posted by villansfinest

Yeah, bank accounts generally have rules that you have to follow. Breaking those rules can be costly.

For those of you without bank accounts;

How do you pay for things? All cash?
I used a money order for something i didn't want showing up on my statement, or associated with my checks. But it wasn't very convenient.

How do you determine how much money to hold on you at any one time?

How do you accomplish high dollar transactions? Buying a house/car/etc? (I guess i'm assuming that people without bank accounts don't do those things. I suppose one could have a bank account, purchase a home and pay a mortgage, and then close all of their accounts and make payments by... money order?)
Ive got a bank account but my africa childhood has got me to be about my cash at all times. If I have cash on me, its more than enough to live off of for at least a week, and thats living well. I think a lot of people are unnecessarily worried about carrying cash.

I bought my car cash and that was over 5 stacks in 20s, since then Ive realized I could just have used a cashiers check instead, like I did putting down my first lease payment. Carrying cash and paying with it is no big deal really though, I just made sure dude signed an agreement that he had received payment for the car when I handed him the money and everything was gravy.

Yeah, bank accounts generally have rules that you have to follow. Breaking those rules can be costly.

For those of you without bank accounts;

How do you pay for things? All cash?
I used a money order for something i didn't want showing up on my statement, or associated with my checks. But it wasn't very convenient.

How do you determine how much money to hold on you at any one time?

How do you accomplish high dollar transactions? Buying a house/car/etc? (I guess i'm assuming that people without bank accounts don't do those things. I suppose one could have a bank account, purchase a home and pay a mortgage, and then close all of their accounts and make payments by... money order?)
Ive got a bank account but my africa childhood has got me to be about my cash at all times. If I have cash on me, its more than enough to live off of for at least a week, and thats living well. I think a lot of people are unnecessarily worried about carrying cash.

I bought my car cash and that was over 5 stacks in 20s, since then Ive realized I could just have used a cashiers check instead, like I did putting down my first lease payment. Carrying cash and paying with it is no big deal really though, I just made sure dude signed an agreement that he had received payment for the car when I handed him the money and everything was gravy.

2LipsLegit wrote:

Okay, so where/how do you get the cash? Let me rephrase, are you given cash, or are you given a check of some sort?

Do you have an accounting system to know how much cash you have available to you at all times? Like, do you know how much is left in your pockets at the end of the night, or how much is wherever your keeping it?

This is what i'm curious about.

I'm having difficulty imagining my life without using a bank. Any comments on anybody who has previously had bank accounts, but chose not to have one? 
I'm curious too, those of you who are concerned with fees, or penalties, you do know that banks reward you too, right? I know interest is a small percentage, but when you play by their rules, they give YOU money.

2LipsLegit wrote:

Okay, so where/how do you get the cash? Let me rephrase, are you given cash, or are you given a check of some sort?

Do you have an accounting system to know how much cash you have available to you at all times? Like, do you know how much is left in your pockets at the end of the night, or how much is wherever your keeping it?

I'm having difficulty imagining my life without using a bank. Any comments on anybody who has previously had bank accounts, but chose not to have one? 
I'm curious too, those of you who are concerned with fees, or penalties, you do know that banks reward you too, right? I know interest is a small percentage, but when you play by their rules, they give YOU money.

How can you NOT have a bank account? Couldn't live without mine

How can you NOT have a bank account? Couldn't live without mine

im assuming if you dont have a account then you aren't utilizing paypal/eBay but then again paypal does have its own debit card system too though.

im assuming if you dont have a account then you aren't utilizing paypal/eBay but then again paypal does have its own debit card system too though.

I worked at a sotre that would either direct deposit your check or cash it for you there. Id get my check cashed weekly and keep cash on hand. I was real good with not spending more than I wanted to so Id just collect my checks til I had about 2-3k on hand and then throw that in my savings and start over again. My personal rule was never withdraw money, thats how I went into freshman year of college with north of 20 stacks in my account

EDIT: Im good with numbers so Id know how much I had on hand to within 10 bucks at all times, not counting the change that Id throw in a drawer over time

I worked at a sotre that would either direct deposit your check or cash it for you there. Id get my check cashed weekly and keep cash on hand. I was real good with not spending more than I wanted to so Id just collect my checks til I had about 2-3k on hand and then throw that in my savings and start over again. My personal rule was never withdraw money, thats how I went into freshman year of college with north of 20 stacks in my account

EDIT: Im good with numbers so Id know how much I had on hand to within 10 bucks at all times, not counting the change that Id throw in a drawer over time

I can't see myself not ever having one...not having direct deposit and going to a checks cashing spot is soooo 1999
roll.gif

Carrying a debit card + chase bank app makes managing your money so damn easy, get with the times people!

Back
Top Bottom