Who does NOT have a bank account? Why not?

I can't see myself not ever having one...not having direct deposit and going to a checks cashing spot is soooo 1999
roll.gif

Carrying a debit card + chase bank app makes managing your money so damn easy, get with the times people!

banks are shady, they get a good chunk of their money out of overdraft fees, if im not mistaken bank of america got sued in a class action lawsuit over their shady withdraw setup which caused a lot of unwarranted overdrafts.

all that said banks are a necessary evil. in my younger years i overdrafted alot. now i have online banking and i check it everyday consistently to make sure im on top of my funds. if you manage your bank account correctly you'll be good but banks prey on young people opening their first bank account or people in similar situations.

banks are shady, they get a good chunk of their money out of overdraft fees, if im not mistaken bank of america got sued in a class action lawsuit over their shady withdraw setup which caused a lot of unwarranted overdrafts.

all that said banks are a necessary evil. in my younger years i overdrafted alot. now i have online banking and i check it everyday consistently to make sure im on top of my funds. if you manage your bank account correctly you'll be good but banks prey on young people opening their first bank account or people in similar situations.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 
Proof? Every business is out there to make money of customers, that's why it's called  BUSINESS. When your fortune is burned in a box of Nikes, don't make a post it on NT and whine about it. 
Get real. These banks are full of slimeballs that are no better than the criminals they launder money for. You work for a bank though, right? No point then, that's like talking to a used car salesman about shady practices of used car dealers.

Yeah, I disagree that "Every business is out there to make money of customers". I'm in business but my goal is to provide a service that people pay for - that's a subtle difference but it's very different from trying to wring everything I can out of an individual - like a company I used to work for.

Banks are a scam though. It's a holiday weekend here so banks are shut on Monday and Tuesday. Because of that I got an alert saying that if you have a bill due on one of those days then the money has to be in your account bu 3:30 Friday so that it clears. But, if I pay money in they won't do anything until Wednesday. They'll take my money out early but won't put it in.

Because their computers need a day off? Just ridiculous in this day and age.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Yep. Corrupt as it gets. 
Proof? Every business is out there to make money of customers, that's why it's called  BUSINESS. When your fortune is burned in a box of Nikes, don't make a post it on NT and whine about it. 
Get real. These banks are full of slimeballs that are no better than the criminals they launder money for. You work for a bank though, right? No point then, that's like talking to a used car salesman about shady practices of used car dealers.

Yeah, I disagree that "Every business is out there to make money of customers". I'm in business but my goal is to provide a service that people pay for - that's a subtle difference but it's very different from trying to wring everything I can out of an individual - like a company I used to work for.

Banks are a scam though. It's a holiday weekend here so banks are shut on Monday and Tuesday. Because of that I got an alert saying that if you have a bill due on one of those days then the money has to be in your account bu 3:30 Friday so that it clears. But, if I pay money in they won't do anything until Wednesday. They'll take my money out early but won't put it in.

Because their computers need a day off? Just ridiculous in this day and age.

Now with online banking, I think managing money is as easy as managing your cash money.

Plus you don't have to worry bout ur wallet gettin jacked with your cash.

Now with online banking, I think managing money is as easy as managing your cash money.

Plus you don't have to worry bout ur wallet gettin jacked with your cash.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I'm 21, and I don't. I have a wallet. What do I need a bank account for?

bro time to log off and get a job, that +!!+ is sad.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I'm 21, and I don't. I have a wallet. What do I need a bank account for?

bro time to log off and get a job, that +!!+ is sad.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I can't see myself not ever having one...not having direct deposit and going to a checks cashing spot is soooo 1999
roll.gif

Carrying a debit card + chase bank app makes managing your money so damn easy, get with the times people!
I've never been to a check cashing place to cash my own check. Always had direct deposit or deposited the check myself. Couldn't get with the idea of being charged to get whats mine

Originally Posted by ksteezy

roll.gif

I've never been to a check cashing place to cash my own check. Always had direct deposit or deposited the check myself. Couldn't get with the idea of being charged to get whats mine

I'm 19, work a part-time job averaging 16 hour weeks making 8.25 an hour......i get paid every week and the checks are only 70 bucks after taxes. I have an account but im thinking of getting rid of it, I went from having 180 in my bank to 138 before my first withdrawl and i withdrew 90(40 at atm and 50 in the branch) and checked my balance the next day and there was only 3 bucks left in my account(thats 90 unaccounted for) and i've only had the account for 3 weeks. why should i have a bank account?

I'm 19, work a part-time job averaging 16 hour weeks making 8.25 an hour......i get paid every week and the checks are only 70 bucks after taxes. I have an account but im thinking of getting rid of it, I went from having 180 in my bank to 138 before my first withdrawl and i withdrew 90(40 at atm and 50 in the branch) and checked my balance the next day and there was only 3 bucks left in my account(thats 90 unaccounted for) and i've only had the account for 3 weeks. why should i have a bank account?

there are so many reasons to have a bank account. when i was in high school, my parents MADE me get one.

1. i know interest is not much, but several online banks can get you 1.5%. stuffing your cash under a mattress is earning NO interest. in a sense, you're losing money....
2. your deposits are insured by the FDIC. seriously, you're not gonna just wake up one day and have a $0 balance. it is LEGALLY insured. i'm not sure where this distrust of banks comes in...
3. direct deposit usually results in quicker payment. my paycheck often shows up the night before payday. if you have to pick up a live check, go to a bank and cash it, you're wasting time (and gas).

and the list goes on....

there are so many reasons to have a bank account. when i was in high school, my parents MADE me get one.

1. i know interest is not much, but several online banks can get you 1.5%. stuffing your cash under a mattress is earning NO interest. in a sense, you're losing money....
2. your deposits are insured by the FDIC. seriously, you're not gonna just wake up one day and have a $0 balance. it is LEGALLY insured. i'm not sure where this distrust of banks comes in...
3. direct deposit usually results in quicker payment. my paycheck often shows up the night before payday. if you have to pick up a live check, go to a bank and cash it, you're wasting time (and gas).

and the list goes on....

Back
Top Bottom