Who else is afraid to unDS their kicks

Seriously I don't understand this. Why would you buy a bunch of shoes just to keep ds and look at. I have about 40+ pairs of jordans now and I wear them all. I can't even imagine looking at them for fun or Often at all. It seems like such a chore. Why would you need to own tons of shoes that pretty much just sit? Isn't it easier to just look at HD pics online all day whenever you feel like it? Or even print them lol I used to print pages and pages of jordans and staple them together just to look at lol

Used to collect, had over 100 pairs of AF1 and Jordans DS...then I got bored and stopped for a few years, my collection was boxed up and put in storage...now I have no idea where my collection is now that I'm overseas...what a ******g waste of money...

Started buying Jordans again in December when the Playoff 11s were released. Now I have over 20 pairs of Jordans and I'm wearing every single pair...not every pair have been worn yet but they will all be put into the rotation...

that being said, I do hate creases...

Last edited:
not afraid to wear em.   shoes are made to be worn.   too each their own though.    just be cautious when you wear em out if you're worried about them getting dirty or beat up. 

I remember reading a poem Nothing Gold Last Forever. I'd rather see my shoes look beat up than to have them rot in my closet.

i wear my newest shoes for about a week straight (still clean them after every wear) then put them in the rotation which includes all of my shoes, i dont own any DS shoes. My best friend had his DMP on ice for years before i told him "if you died today you never wore your fav pairs of shoes" every since then he has become a believer in wearing everything.

i've got a pair of laneys sitting on ice because i'm too afraid that they will crumble

Never understood how people buy a pair of shoes and not wear them. I wear all my shoes and could care less about "turning heads" or "killing the masses."

because majority of this sneaker community wants to buy them and then post them up for sale saying "Need gone ASAP! Never worn Never tried on!" TF you buying it for then? Exactly. To re-sell for a $20-60 profit. They just buy them as a way to flip it and profit money cause they're failures in life at knowing how to have a decent paying job.

Last edited:
the only shoes that's ds are the doubles, while im wearing the other one. with crease i usually wear sneaker shields for shoes that crease a lot.  if you do a rotation it does help not getting your shoes beat up, specially when you have a good amount of shoes in your collection. since i started to wear all my J's and getting dirty and sometimes scuffed, now it doesn't scare me at all. the only thing im afraid of is paint chipping(still breaks my heart with the money i paid for it) ..

Last edited:
i've got a pair of laneys sitting on ice because i'm too afraid that they will crumble

Why? Laneys are not THAT old! Sheesh. What do you think you have? Some 90' ogs? Lol :smh: Wear them.

Last edited:
I HATE when people say dumb **** like I unds'd today, turned mad heads.... the whole turning heads ******** is so stupid sounding. I see cats clowning others for wanting to showoff their yeezys and limited crap to dudes, then they turn around and talk about how much heads they turned.. like really?
indifferent.gif

so can I buy one of these shoe shields and rotate them? or do I have to buy shoe shields for every shoe I own (or want to keep looking DS)?  Cause that's a lot of damn shoe shields I'd have to buy lol.

so can I buy one of these shoe shields and rotate them? or do I have to buy shoe shields for every shoe I own (or want to keep looking DS)?  Cause that's a lot of damn shoe shields I'd have to buy lol.

why bother with shoes at all?

sometime i kick a soccer ball around with my kid, regardless of what i have on. the other day spacejams, and a few weeks ago db3's. enjoy your damn shoes, people.

Dude retros from that 99 -01 era are known for crumbling and sole separation, not trying to go that route
depends on the model but yeah seperation will happen if you dont keep them used to pressure and crumbling just depends on the material used and it will happen regardless but yeah wear your shoes or put them in cases cuz after a while you wont wear them cuz the soles fell apart

Man I never understood people being afraid to wear their shoes. I mean, if you bought it for collection proposes, that makes more sense. But, if you bought them to wear, why wouldn't you "unDS"? I'm not spending $180 on some sneakers just so they can sit in the box. Sneakers are made to be worn.

I feel like, with the stress that goes into buying sneakers, I have to wear it at least once when I get them. After the first break in, I'll throw them back in the box and into my rotation. After one wear, they still look pretty DS to me.

If I have a shoe that I haven't worn its cause I'm trying to find the perfect time to UnDS. Still trying to find a perfect time to rock my royal 1's. I think the fall is a good time but it all goes back to personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom