who feels bay rap

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

would you consider 2pac bay area music??
For the most part. 2pacalypse Now through Me Against The World are fairly mobb oriented. All Eyez On Me and Don Killuminati not so much.

zion I
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(not feelin their new cd tho)
too short
pimp.gif

the jacka
pimp.gif

the team
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(world premiere goes HARD, i bought that CD back in 06 i think and @#$% stillslaps)
nickatina
pimp.gif

not a whole lotta bay dudes that i mess with but these guys get the most spins for me

when most people think of the bay, they probably think e-40, the team, mistah fab, keak(the few bay rappers that got mainstream exposure)..........when imo thebetter rappers and albums to come out of the bay are more unknown, i.e. dubee, mac mall, mac dre, messy, quinn, mob figaz, jt, etc.

i was born and raised on bay rap, and it will always be among the best and most creative (yall can thank 40 water for most of the slang words the mainstreamrappers use nowadays)

p.s..........one of my favorite albums of all time, and def gotta be in the top 5 bay albums of all time, for yall who dont know, u need to step yo music gameup..........

9f725e8e61373b5ee3f6ea3b7b940a5de98b296.jpg

most definately appreciated 00-07 bay music was on fire, we should have taken over the industry like atlanta did. lately none of the bay artist have beendroppin nuthin except jacka.

when i was younger i listened exclusively to bay rap for the better part of a decade. No mainstream or radio. But to be completely honest it has fallen off thelast few years, minus the ones that have for the most part of their careers been consistent, i.e. Nickatina, The Jacka, Quinn. I have expanded my spectrum ofmusic drastically the last few years because of this, which is a good thing. The Jacka is who i listen to the most now, the best in bay right now IMO

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

the team
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(world premiere goes HARD, i bought that CD back in 06 i think and @#$% still slaps)
This.

but honestly, if you cant at least give love to what the bay had to offer in the 90s (the whole hiero fam), then you're just blindly hating.

I've been living in the Bay for the past 3 years. I keep trying to get into the music but, I just can't eff with nobody besides Yukmouth.

Originally Posted by homeboy d

I've been living in the Bay for the past 3 years. I keep trying to get into the music but, I just can't eff with nobody besides Yukmouth.
old school yukmouth? Cause new school yuk is garbage.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Originally Posted by homeboy d

old school yukmouth? Cause new school yuk is garbage.
indifferent.gif

I'm talking about old school, I didn't even know he had any new stuff.

most bay stuff is good party music but to tell the truth I haven't really heard anyone from the bay who can seriously spit.

Originally Posted by Nash

most bay stuff is good party music but to tell the truth I haven't really heard anyone from the bay who can seriously spit.

U needs to listen to some old school spice-1 or mac mall, some yukmouth(his whole catalog is tight) or some mob figaz and tell me that aint spittin........

how can yall say yuk fell off?? MDMP goes hard(for the most part)

edit: his new one the west coast don is tight too.......yuk been one of the most consistent rappers in the last 20 years(except for that bulls*** withrap-a-lot tryin to put him on the shelf)

Again i stand by my previous statements. Yall doubters aren't gonna like jack %+*# until you figure out what you shouldbe listening to. But most !@*@+$ are content thinking the bay is trash.
laugh.gif

Arizona >>> the bay

Pfffftttttttttt...........how the f*** u gonna compare a small area of a state to a whole state???

and for the record, the bay been sh****n all over AZ for the last 20 years and is still doin it

Originally Posted by highlife32

Arizona >>> the bay

Pfffftttttttttt...........how the f*** u gonna compare a small area of a state to a whole state???

and for the record, the bay been sh****n all over AZ for the last 20 years and is still doin it

You sound mad...

Originally Posted by highlife32

Originally Posted by Nash

U needs to listen to some old school spice-1 or mac mall, some yukmouth(his whole catalog is tight) or some mob figaz and tell me that aint spittin........

how can yall say yuk fell off?? MDMP goes hard(for the most part)

edit: his new one the west coast don is tight too.......yuk been one of the most consistent rappers in the last 20 years(except for that bulls*** with rap-a-lot tryin to put him on the shelf)

I guess I shoulda been more specific...I've heard the old stuff but what I meant by what I said was that a lot of the recent stuff I've heard out ofthe Bay has been pretty mediocre lyrically.

the boy Stalin is the truth....
LIVEWIRE!

"Most of these ni**as weaker than bammer,
that's why everytime you see me i be ridin with my hammer!"

Back
Top Bottom