Who gets Asian Flush when they drink?

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Originally Posted by thapointguy

It happens instantly after one sip so i'd lose.
30t6p3b.gif
This. After one beer, I'm red as #$%^ I hate it.

Takes me a beer and a half until I start to turn red. Its so %$@@*@! annoying.
30t6p3b.gif

Used to happen to my ex.. She couldnt even finish a beer.. She would turn red get dizzy and nauseous.. She figured she was allergic..

Used to happen to my ex.. She couldnt even finish a beer.. She would turn red get dizzy and nauseous.. She figured she was allergic..

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Most of my friends do, but I never have. I think Koreans are immune to Asian glow. Not sure if that's a good thing.

My mother disproves that with 1 beer
laugh.gif

But I dont glow at all, from what I know.

Most of my friends do, but I never have. I think Koreans are immune to Asian glow. Not sure if that's a good thing.

My mother disproves that with 1 beer
laugh.gif

But I dont glow at all, from what I know.

Word

Im half Korean, and one beer turns me into

"Red Klock" as my homeboys call me lmaooo

Yeah my mom gets red too so so much for the Koreans are immune theory.

Finna cop some pepcid FTW!!

Word

Im half Korean, and one beer turns me into

"Red Klock" as my homeboys call me lmaooo

Yeah my mom gets red too so so much for the Koreans are immune theory.

Finna cop some pepcid FTW!!

i used to know when the asians were drunk in my old apt in Ktown cause they looked like they were bout to turn into tomatos lol.

and they crashed into things and people with their car lol

i used to know when the asians were drunk in my old apt in Ktown cause they looked like they were bout to turn into tomatos lol.

and they crashed into things and people with their car lol

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Y'all are immune to alcohol period
laugh.gif
. One of my fraternity brothers is Korean, this guy wakes up and drinks, no lie. This fool threatened to knife fight me multiple times during his drunken state. He eventually had to get intervention because of that issue (drinking too damn much), and got put on meds. He still drank though, and I didn't do anything to stop him
30t6p3b.gif
at me.

laugh.gif
 its just that drinking is such a big part of Korean culture.  It is hard to move up the corporate ladder in Korea if you don't drink.  Many a business meeting takes place at the local drinking establishment.

Its a gift/curse but I think my entire family got passed up on the asian glow thing.

@LilCao - eh man, any chance you went to Duke?  I don't think my kid brother was in a frat, but that sounds like something he would do.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Y'all are immune to alcohol period
laugh.gif
. One of my fraternity brothers is Korean, this guy wakes up and drinks, no lie. This fool threatened to knife fight me multiple times during his drunken state. He eventually had to get intervention because of that issue (drinking too damn much), and got put on meds. He still drank though, and I didn't do anything to stop him
30t6p3b.gif
at me.

laugh.gif
 its just that drinking is such a big part of Korean culture.  It is hard to move up the corporate ladder in Korea if you don't drink.  Many a business meeting takes place at the local drinking establishment.

Its a gift/curse but I think my entire family got passed up on the asian glow thing.

@LilCao - eh man, any chance you went to Duke?  I don't think my kid brother was in a frat, but that sounds like something he would do.

I get bright red after I drink 4-5 beers. 
laugh.gif
 It is what it is. I take Zantac occasionally if I'm leaving the fraternity house for bars/clubs (in hope of not scaring anyone
laugh.gif
). If I'm just chillin' with some bros, I don't care how red I get. One usually works for me as long as I take it 45 minutes before I take my first sip. For some reason, if I don't wait 45 minutes (like if I only wait 30), the Asian glow is still largely there.

I get bright red after I drink 4-5 beers. 
laugh.gif
 It is what it is. I take Zantac occasionally if I'm leaving the fraternity house for bars/clubs (in hope of not scaring anyone
laugh.gif
). If I'm just chillin' with some bros, I don't care how red I get. One usually works for me as long as I take it 45 minutes before I take my first sip. For some reason, if I don't wait 45 minutes (like if I only wait 30), the Asian glow is still largely there.

i get extremely red after a few sips of beer...not just my face and neck either, my whole body gets red and it feels like my head is about to explode (the same feeling u get if youre upside down for a really long time)... Anybody else get this? is there such a thing as being allergic to alcohol? sucks that i cant drink. have never been able to finish a full can of beer

i get extremely red after a few sips of beer...not just my face and neck either, my whole body gets red and it feels like my head is about to explode (the same feeling u get if youre upside down for a really long time)... Anybody else get this? is there such a thing as being allergic to alcohol? sucks that i cant drink. have never been able to finish a full can of beer

^^ not 100% sure on if you can be allergic to alcohol, but a friend of mine used to break out in hives all over her body when she drank.  

^^ not 100% sure on if you can be allergic to alcohol, but a friend of mine used to break out in hives all over her body when she drank.  

being Nordic ftw

I read some article a couple weeks ago about how our bodies have evolved to be able to have a natural tolerance to alcohol compared to other groups of people
pimp.gif

being Nordic ftw

I read some article a couple weeks ago about how our bodies have evolved to be able to have a natural tolerance to alcohol compared to other groups of people
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom