Who has a Credit Card??? How do you use it????????

I just got my 1st credit card and for the first 6 months 0% interest. So I just been using it to build points and Ima pay it right off once I get paid. Ikinda like the idea but never wanted to get one b/c of fear of getting in debt. But I had an emergency not too long ago and was basically forced to get one.

But what do you use em for:

Pay Bills
Emergencies only
Just spend stupid on things you really can't afford
laugh.gif

Run it...And how do you feel about them???

i just got my 1st CC not too long ago i just use it for things i can actually pay off basically

When funds are tight, they come in handy. I personally only carry one or two for emergencies if I don't have any cash and/or my funds are not enough on mydebit card. Department store credit cards such as Best Buy or Circuit City are okay too. Sometimes they have deals where you can cop any TV that's over acertain amount like $999 and have financing for no interest for three years.

mainly online shopping and gas. but i use it for everything now. just pay it off on time and don't use more than 50% of your credit limit during eachbilling period.

I'm not even sure this is using it right, but I use mine once a month, for 6 months at a time. I'll buy something somewhat small (around $50) once amonth, pay it off right away, and do it again next month... for 6 months. I know it's best to pay something off for a few months (shows responsibility),but there's really nothing that big I want that I can keep making payments on.

Maybe I'll treat myself to a 360, I guess then I could do it that way.

I have 3... MC, AE, and Disc. I basically only use the MC and I use it on everything- $2.53 or $254 doesn't matter.
I got one my freshman year of college and it has been very useful (junior now). My mom basically encourages it because she can track how much I'm using.
My limit is now up to like $2500, which is nice in case of an emergency.

Don't put anything on a credit card that you can't pay for. A) Carrying a balance does not help you build credit and B) the interest you pay inINCREDIBLE.

I'm a little older, but I put everything but the mortgage on it and then I pay it off at the end of the month. My card ends up giving me 2-5% back at theend of the year (AMEX Blue Cash) and that adds up when you're moving real money. I have two cards and that's just because a few places don't takeAMEX. I don't need 10 cards (my limits aren't a problem) and I don't see the purpose in carrying a card for every store I go to just becausesomeday I might buy a television or they give me some free iTunes downloads for signing up.

i never use cash. i only have like 10 dollars cash in my wallet just in case i can't use a credit card. it's so convenient. but i never buy anything ican't pay off at the end of the month. i'm 20 years old. and my credit limit is on 12,000 now.
pimp.gif

I use my Amex for everything, it has no limit, I pay everything off at the end of the month, never carry a balance, if you cant afford to pay it off then dontbuy it

I use it for practically everything except to pay bills. However, I never go over 50% of my credit line, try to stick to 33%. Pay off as much at the end ofeach billing period.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by treewing

Tuiton....

Try to get a loan.

Got a loan but it only covered $5000. I have to use my credit card for the other $12,000 unless my mom writes me a check for xmas, lol.

Everything, but I don't carry a balance.
I too have the mentality of, if I don't have the money for it I will not purchase it. I.E- if the money isn't ALREADY in my account, I pass. I neverplay catch up with a "well, Im getting paid on _____", its too easy to fall behind then.

EVERYTHING! I have a few store cards that I only use when they offer additional discounts for customers who use their cards (Bergdorf, Saks).....

I have 2 Amex's. One Gold Card for Gas. And a Blue Card with a 20k limit. It took me 5 years to get that kind of limit. Always pay off your +%@* in fulland dont buy +%@* you cant pay for in full.

Back
Top Bottom