Who here buys into "hype"?

Originally Posted by jayem

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by gpsandhu4

laugh.gif
Wow you actually care how guys look at you, and your purpose to attract dudes to look at you? Sad
Damn, how did I miss that. Hope he wasn't serious. lol
He was not serious. He was just being sarcastic.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

I have no mind or style of my own. I just check a thread about a shoe and if someone makes the comment, "let the hype begin!" then it becomes my grail. This is my method and it works great, I keep guys neck broke at the mall.

laugh.gif
Wow you actually care how guys look at you, and your purpose to attract dudes to look at you? Sad
That's important to some people.
laugh.gif

gotta admit I bought into the hype this yr for the concords. always thought they were nice but always passed on them. still think the cool greys crush them and I've passed on them a couple times. up to this yr the only 11s I had were the Carolina lows and whatever those white/grey elephant print ones are called(PS or something like that). I'm glad I bought into the hype BC they look great with pretty much anything.

Originally Posted by jayem

I buy what I like plain and simple.

If I don't get them in RD, on to the next one.

Same here unfortunately what I like some may call the hype but idc

I have no mind or style of my own. I just check a thread about a shoe and if someone makes the comment, "let the hype begin!" then it becomes my grail. This is my method and it works great, I keep guys neck broke at the mall.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 dude was very serious.....welcome to NT

MrNikeTalk wrote:
me. because it gives excellent trade potential

FutureDHughes wrote:
gpsandhu4 wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Sarcasm at its finest!

what is really pathetic is that these rookies think sarcasm is involved with these proclamations

Haven't bought a pair of Jordans since the 09 space jams. And that's the only hyped up shoe I wanted.
I don't go crazy over kicks simply because i'm too damn old for all this sneaker head nonsense going on nowadays.

Like someone Said, if I don't get them on rd, I'll just move on.i

I caved into the hype for the Concords. I didn't fall for the hype for the Big Bangs and now I'm regretting it lol. I did well to pass on the Miami Nights though.
A wise man once said: be whatever/whoever the %+!% you want and don't worry about the haters. Be you. - Confucious

I don't care how much hype surrounds a shoe, if I don't like it then I won't buy it!!! I have always been like that. No website, message board, or other people determine what I buy

i have done it on my own hype, and what i mean by that is that the shoes bring me to a time when i was a kid but i didnt have the shoes so i get them cuz i loved them when i was a kid but my own hype made me get them i.e. zoom flight 95 and 96 nice shoes but nothing great and i payed retail for 2 pair smdh

For the most part I just try to get all the pairs that I couldn't get as a kid. Either that or I had gs size and I was always envious of the men's size.
For example the 3M on the gs V's (or lack thereof) I couldn't get it to reflect for the life of me and that made me sad as a youngin.
frown.gif

The nostalgic value is what mainly does it for me, granted I still get some latter releases...for me that's anything past VIII's.

i use to get caught up in the hype, but not anymore. i just buy what i like and what i like only

We all fall or have fallen victim to the hype one time or another. The way it is now was only a matter of time, we are vivtims of our own hype. Just like dude stated we are on niketalk. We have hundred+ pages about sneakers months before they drop nit picking over every last detail of the shoe. We are the hype. We are the ones in the know that ppl look at as the dude with all the sneakers so they would ask us. Now with the age of information they got the info at there finger tips.

Im in nyc and we have always been a sneaker buying city. But its just crazier now. When the bc3's came out everyone and they moms gotta pair. When they came out in da cdp and 01 i barely saw ppl with them.

To some degree I believe everyone buys into "hype". I mean Jordans are popular because they are sought after. Everyone wants what they cannot get and once they get it, the chase is over. Wait this makes sense...shoes? females? its a similar cycle.

I buy em.... Too sell them right back out again 
laugh.gif

When it comes down to pairs for myself... Yeah, i buy what i like

Originally Posted by aznlurker

No I don't fall into the hype at all. If the shoes does nothing for me I pass.. I had the Chicago Xs, cement 4s in my hands and I wasn't sold on them.. So I walked away and the clerks were like giving me the crazy look.

+1 
if u don't like it, don't buy it ( what i always keep in mind w shoes )

Back
Top Bottom