Who here goes to USC?

I posted this in general first; maybe I'll get more responses here.

I'm thinking of transferring to USC, and I've got some questions about the school to help me decide if I really wanna go there. I've seen some NTers from USC in the college threads, so I thought why not ask here? Anyway:
- What are the people like at USC? I know it's very ETHNICALLY diverse, but what about socially? Is it mostly rich preps, or do you easily find all kinds of people there?
- So USC is in the ghetto?
- What's the campus atmosphere like? Does it have a tight community type feel or are all the buildings and residence halls scattered every where so that it has less of that "college" feel?
- Are there plenty of places to go, things to do on and around campus? What do people like to do for fun?
- Is anyone on NT doing Premed at USC? What's it like? Do they do a good job preparing you for med school and med school application process?
- With the big size, does it feel more like a public school?

Thanks for any responses.

I'll answer what I can. It is a diverse group at SC. It's not all rich kids. You will find a diverse group ethnically and socio-economically speaking.You can say that SC is in the ghetto. However, the area where most students live in wouldn't be considered ghetto for the most part (unless you its to thewest of campus). Residence Halls are on the outter circle of the campus with most buildings scattered around. It is what I would consider a big college typeatmosphere with so many students walking around campus. There really isn't much to do around campus but hang out. Keep in mind this is L.A. so there islots to do around town. Staples Center is about 2 miles away, Downtown is about 3 or 4 miles away. The beaches are about 20-30 minutes away. People like tochill and enjoy the sun. It is very laidback compared to other colleges (from what I have heard from students and parents). There the usual parties on theweekends. If you are planning on joining a frat then there's the fraternity row and they are usually partying down there. Does SC have a pre-med program? Iwas always under the impression that they don't really have one. You would need to major in something like biology and then apply to med school. In termsof size, SC is really not that big. I guess its relative to what you are used to. I always thought it was a small campus. I can pretty much walk from one pointof campus to the other in about 15 or so minutes.

Back
Top Bottom