Who here has a job where you pretty much dont do anything?

Imma delivery guy/courier. Mostly for law firms and some other business offices. I just chill until my dispatcher calls and then I just drive.

Only hard time is when I get a call with 10-12 boxes of if I get more than 4 at one time with a deadline. But besides that I go visit all the sneaker stores in the Bay Area lol.

Imma delivery guy/courier. Mostly for law firms and some other business offices. I just chill until my dispatcher calls and then I just drive.

Only hard time is when I get a call with 10-12 boxes of if I get more than 4 at one time with a deadline. But besides that I go visit all the sneaker stores in the Bay Area lol.

Seriously how hard is it to get a security guard job? I have no skills as a security guard but I am a pretty big dude. I would love to sit around in the middle of the night and watch tv while getting paid.

Seriously how hard is it to get a security guard job? I have no skills as a security guard but I am a pretty big dude. I would love to sit around in the middle of the night and watch tv while getting paid.

Front desk at a hotel in Key West, FL. Was great. Only worked afternoon shift most days - 3 to 11pm. Out of the 8 hours most days we'd be busy for only the first 3 or so. Got any other tasks done early then most of the shift was spent watching whatever NBA game was on, surfing the net, chatting with people from back home and playing online games on this russian website (a lot of the crew were eastern euro), lining up the tourist ladies for later on in the night...
Such a chill place, we'd often get our drink on while on shift before heading out as soon as we clocked out.
Although some nights would get crazy busy and you'd spend the whole shift sorting out problems. Low season though was just chill 80% of the time...

Night manager had it even easier, they'd have all their work done by midnight-1am and then until 7 they would watch movies, play video games etc. with the night security, was only tough when there were multiple guest issues to deal with.

Front desk at a hotel in Key West, FL. Was great. Only worked afternoon shift most days - 3 to 11pm. Out of the 8 hours most days we'd be busy for only the first 3 or so. Got any other tasks done early then most of the shift was spent watching whatever NBA game was on, surfing the net, chatting with people from back home and playing online games on this russian website (a lot of the crew were eastern euro), lining up the tourist ladies for later on in the night...
Such a chill place, we'd often get our drink on while on shift before heading out as soon as we clocked out.
Although some nights would get crazy busy and you'd spend the whole shift sorting out problems. Low season though was just chill 80% of the time...

Night manager had it even easier, they'd have all their work done by midnight-1am and then until 7 they would watch movies, play video games etc. with the night security, was only tough when there were multiple guest issues to deal with.

laugh.gif
i ride in a company car all night listening to satellite radio switching games / shade45 or rawdog comedy
pimp.gif

when its time to milk clock i park and lay back or play tetris or pacman to kill time

sometimes i sit there and feel guilty for having such easy job but ehh

laugh.gif
i ride in a company car all night listening to satellite radio switching games / shade45 or rawdog comedy
pimp.gif

when its time to milk clock i park and lay back or play tetris or pacman to kill time

sometimes i sit there and feel guilty for having such easy job but ehh

Originally Posted by RunsHouse23

I'm a rec attendant for a private community. I literally just sit and watch movies at work or study. If there is a heat game or dolphins game while I work, I spend my time watching that. Since the gym is so small I do nothing. I occasionally do sweeps at the tennis and basketball court to make sure everything is ok. Other than that, I do no real work lol

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RunsHouse23

I'm a rec attendant for a private community. I literally just sit and watch movies at work or study. If there is a heat game or dolphins game while I work, I spend my time watching that. Since the gym is so small I do nothing. I occasionally do sweeps at the tennis and basketball court to make sure everything is ok. Other than that, I do no real work lol

roll.gif
roll.gif

co-op student...during the winter break most people take off so the building is pretty much empty.
They gave me an assignment finished that and have nothing else to do for the next few weeks before classes start back

What I do, browse forums that's not blocked like tom's hardware mainly trying to decide on PC parts.
NT used to be blocked and was filed under marijuana
laugh.gif

That and listen to ESPN radio all day long -_-

co-op student...during the winter break most people take off so the building is pretty much empty.
They gave me an assignment finished that and have nothing else to do for the next few weeks before classes start back

What I do, browse forums that's not blocked like tom's hardware mainly trying to decide on PC parts.
NT used to be blocked and was filed under marijuana
laugh.gif

That and listen to ESPN radio all day long -_-

I was actually going to make a post just like this yesterday.  Government worker (NASA).  There is usually a steady workflow.  But this week has been crazy boring.  Everyone has taken off.  I have been on NT for 3 to 4 hours a day the past 3 days.  Was wondering how other people with desk jobs pass time.

NT
Youtube (Been watching a lot of HBO- Greatest Hits *name of boxer*)
Other forums - UGHH, FourFourTwo, PESFan
Long Bathroom breaks to play angry birds on phone
Words with friends
Trap the Cat Flash Game

Wish i did something more productive with my down time
eyes.gif
o well

I was actually going to make a post just like this yesterday.  Government worker (NASA).  There is usually a steady workflow.  But this week has been crazy boring.  Everyone has taken off.  I have been on NT for 3 to 4 hours a day the past 3 days.  Was wondering how other people with desk jobs pass time.

NT
Youtube (Been watching a lot of HBO- Greatest Hits *name of boxer*)
Other forums - UGHH, FourFourTwo, PESFan
Long Bathroom breaks to play angry birds on phone
Words with friends
Trap the Cat Flash Game

Wish i did something more productive with my down time
eyes.gif
o well

I work in a ticket office and the days when theres no events im on niketalk or facebook. There isnt much walk up traffic during the day for stuff, but occasionally i will help like 6 people in a shift

I work in a ticket office and the days when theres no events im on niketalk or facebook. There isnt much walk up traffic during the day for stuff, but occasionally i will help like 6 people in a shift

Customer service rep. However, this job lets me go on the internet.

It's been dead due to the holidays so I've been chilling.

Customer service rep. However, this job lets me go on the internet.

It's been dead due to the holidays so I've been chilling.

Allied Barton Security - Sit in one place for 8hrs straight, have my laptop there to either watch movies or sleep. I work 11pm to 7am getting $13/hr

Back
Top Bottom