Who prefers David Letterman over the rest of the late night shows?

Letterman's show is boring. Leno may be corny but Letterman is a snooze fest. Only interesting thing is if he clowns on someone during interviews like Joaquin Phoenix. Jimmy Kimmel's show is nice overall...if he had more of a personality, he'd be more popular. Craig Ferguson is definitely the funniest personality and host. His show has no budget though, which is what holds him back. But just watch him interview guests, they actually have fun and don't talk about the generic stuff you're supposed to talk about in interviews. George Lopez sucks...

Letterman's show is boring. Leno may be corny but Letterman is a snooze fest. Only interesting thing is if he clowns on someone during interviews like Joaquin Phoenix. Jimmy Kimmel's show is nice overall...if he had more of a personality, he'd be more popular. Craig Ferguson is definitely the funniest personality and host. His show has no budget though, which is what holds him back. But just watch him interview guests, they actually have fun and don't talk about the generic stuff you're supposed to talk about in interviews. George Lopez sucks...

I used to like Leno more, but after what he did to Conan I can't even watch him. I feel like I'm watching a robot knowing what he did and I hope his show goes under. He's such a ruthless and cold-blooded man after how he pissed on Conan, don't feel a connection with his jokes anymore. Plus his show got even worse after Kevin Eubanks left. Letterman is the best right now, but Conan might be again when he returns.

I used to like Leno more, but after what he did to Conan I can't even watch him. I feel like I'm watching a robot knowing what he did and I hope his show goes under. He's such a ruthless and cold-blooded man after how he pissed on Conan, don't feel a connection with his jokes anymore. Plus his show got even worse after Kevin Eubanks left. Letterman is the best right now, but Conan might be again when he returns.

Conan > Letterman > John Stewart > Colbert > Kimmel

Leno could take it up the #+*, and the only good thing about Fallon is The Roots, if they're still on there. I haven't watched in a while.

Conan > Letterman > John Stewart > Colbert > Kimmel

Leno could take it up the #+*, and the only good thing about Fallon is The Roots, if they're still on there. I haven't watched in a while.

Letterman is getting way too old. Sometimes it seems like he has no idea who he is interviewing or what movie/album the guest is promoting.
Leno is ok but I prefer him over Letterman.
Fallon still isn't funny and still awkward in front of the camera, like he hasn't filmed anything before.
Kimmel is really good, I'd put him up there with Conan.
Conan is good, very entertaining.

I like Ferguson the best, his interviews are mostly impromptu, they just talk and it can go anywhere.

Letterman is getting way too old. Sometimes it seems like he has no idea who he is interviewing or what movie/album the guest is promoting.
Leno is ok but I prefer him over Letterman.
Fallon still isn't funny and still awkward in front of the camera, like he hasn't filmed anything before.
Kimmel is really good, I'd put him up there with Conan.
Conan is good, very entertaining.

I like Ferguson the best, his interviews are mostly impromptu, they just talk and it can go anywhere.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I also prefer Letterman. I think the majority of the celebrities prefer Letterman as well because it's a semi-event when they arrive to the theater. There's photographers, fans, etc, waiting for them outside when they arrive and leave. One thing I find odd about Leno's show is after he finishes interviewing the first guest, he has them stay there to listen on to the second guest and the musical act. I never understood why he does that.
Few things regarding that: Leno films on a lot in Burbank. It's a more controlled environment than NYC, plus it's out of the paparazzi's comfort zone. They'd rather sit at a mall or outside a restaurant and wait to catch a candid. And for the guests sticking around, Johnny Carson did the same thing, so it's really just out of tradition for the Tonight Show. Also, a lot of people who appear on talk shows are LA-based, so they have time to stick around (and it's tradition). When celebs go to NYC, it's almost always a press trip where they're doing tons of appearances and interviews, so their time is limited to prep and the initial interview.

And Leno is also very warm to his guests, unlike Letterman. Adam Carolla says that before the show, Leno goes to each guest's dressing room and greets them, makes sure they're okay, and chats for a bit. Letterman is unapproachable before shows and never makes contact with his guests prior to the show, so the first time a guest even sees him is on stage, so you just do the interview and then leave.

I also prefer Letterman. I think the majority of the celebrities prefer Letterman as well because it's a semi-event when they arrive to the theater. There's photographers, fans, etc, waiting for them outside when they arrive and leave. One thing I find odd about Leno's show is after he finishes interviewing the first guest, he has them stay there to listen on to the second guest and the musical act. I never understood why he does that.
Few things regarding that: Leno films on a lot in Burbank. It's a more controlled environment than NYC, plus it's out of the paparazzi's comfort zone. They'd rather sit at a mall or outside a restaurant and wait to catch a candid. And for the guests sticking around, Johnny Carson did the same thing, so it's really just out of tradition for the Tonight Show. Also, a lot of people who appear on talk shows are LA-based, so they have time to stick around (and it's tradition). When celebs go to NYC, it's almost always a press trip where they're doing tons of appearances and interviews, so their time is limited to prep and the initial interview.

And Leno is also very warm to his guests, unlike Letterman. Adam Carolla says that before the show, Leno goes to each guest's dressing room and greets them, makes sure they're okay, and chats for a bit. Letterman is unapproachable before shows and never makes contact with his guests prior to the show, so the first time a guest even sees him is on stage, so you just do the interview and then leave.

I don't really consider Stewart or Colbert as these but they'd be 1 & 2 if they were..

I say

Conan (his skits kill me) > Craig Ferguson (the accent is key) > Letterman > Kimmel > George Lopez > Fallon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leno

Leno isn't even funny... He is so unfunny he bombed at the White House Correspondents Dinner... Which is damn near impossible...

But I'd be more likely to be watching a part of Letterman over anybody... His interviews are always on point... And chances are he will have the better guests.

But I think Conan will come back very well..

I don't really consider Stewart or Colbert as these but they'd be 1 & 2 if they were..

I say

Conan (his skits kill me) > Craig Ferguson (the accent is key) > Letterman > Kimmel > George Lopez > Fallon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leno

Leno isn't even funny... He is so unfunny he bombed at the White House Correspondents Dinner... Which is damn near impossible...

But I'd be more likely to be watching a part of Letterman over anybody... His interviews are always on point... And chances are he will have the better guests.

But I think Conan will come back very well..

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Well, I guess it's alright if it's a tradition for the guest to stay for the entire show.  During the commercial breaks it seems that they are ignored for the most part and just sitting there for no apparent reason. As far as Letterman being unapproachable before shows, that's how he conducts his interviews.  Oprah does the same thing with her guests because they want the audience to reciprocate what they're seeing when they interview their guests for the first time.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Well, I guess it's alright if it's a tradition for the guest to stay for the entire show.  During the commercial breaks it seems that they are ignored for the most part and just sitting there for no apparent reason. As far as Letterman being unapproachable before shows, that's how he conducts his interviews.  Oprah does the same thing with her guests because they want the audience to reciprocate what they're seeing when they interview their guests for the first time.

I prefer Leno. His monologue is on point almost every night. Granted, the monologue has suffered b/c Rickey Minor brings ZERO comedic value (but damn good music) whereas Kevin Eubanks was actually pretty damn funny.

And I can get why people like Jimmy Fallon. I don't think he's that funny, but I do find a little humor in dude being an obvious huge dork. Not to mention if you're a comedian or a rapper, Jimmy Fallon is 100% guaranteed to be a #$+% rider during your interview.

I prefer Leno. His monologue is on point almost every night. Granted, the monologue has suffered b/c Rickey Minor brings ZERO comedic value (but damn good music) whereas Kevin Eubanks was actually pretty damn funny.

And I can get why people like Jimmy Fallon. I don't think he's that funny, but I do find a little humor in dude being an obvious huge dork. Not to mention if you're a comedian or a rapper, Jimmy Fallon is 100% guaranteed to be a #$+% rider during your interview.

bring back Arsenio or the Keenan Ivory Waynes Show 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom