Why am I persecuted for NOT accepting homosexuality..

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LDJ just nailed it.  For anybody that wants to or even had the desire to even try to compare the homosexual movement with that of the civil rights movement make sure you read the post by LDJ above and then wipe that comparison or notion completely out of your head.  For now and forever more.    

So you're going to sit there and ignore what putty replied?

I love selective reading. You only take in what you agrees with you.
He has a habit of fading into Bolivian once his points get blown to pieces.

Still waiting on his reasoning of why homosexuality has caused blacks to have a 72% illegitimacy rate.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by LDJ

your example is in no way similiar to the treatment of african americans and homosexuals. Are you really saying rape/slavery/theivery = just saying no?
What? 
I'm confused by what you're asking. 

I'm not equating rape/slavery/thievery...i'm saying that they ARE however all WRONG. One is not inherently worse than another. 

Yes it is, someone killing you for who you are is far worst then them mocking you and/or not accepting you.

Killing one person is just as bad as killing two people. 

Slavery is wrong...doesn't matter that it was black people in america. There is slavery of young women and children in sex trafficking capitals like Atlanta... is that better or worse than what black people went through? 

No it isnt but none of this applies to homosexuals in america. Im specifically speaking on homosexuals in the usa.

Its bad. 

Thats it. We should fix it. 

So you are saying if you went to a job and they said no we wont hire you cause your gay, is the same as we will force you to work beat you mistreat you and overwork you for absolutely no compensation? 

Slavery comes in different forms so your analogy fails. 
Is it worse for a cop to plant drugs on you or beat you up in custody? 

One hurts more but they're both just as wrong.

Is my point and you couldnt even avoid saying more/worse. Same as if someone took a dollar from me, and another took every dime I had. Yes they are both wrong and end of the day its still stealing. but clearly taking a dollar and taking every single penny I have one would def. put you in a far worse position then the other.

Stop it with these sorry equivalences. You're trying to pull emotional strings.

These things are WRONG. If you had to pick which one you'd want you'd say NEITHER because they're both wrong. One causes more immediate pain, but the impact is equal. Its a removal/neglecting of rights that are due. 

But the thing is neither party has a choice. It is simply the results. If a cop arrest me by racial profiling id hate it sure, but id def. would feel it could/would be worst if the police racial profiled me and killed me as well as my family would feel the same way. Yes both are wrong and neither should happen but you and I know that is just a utopian ideal and isnt reality.

Im later going to the bank to ask for an extention on a loan, and if they said no we cant do that because of your race. While yes ill feel some sort of way about it. but please believe ill rather take the simple rejection of no then me go and ask and they take a whip beat me, rape my lady and daughters, take everything i own, then chase me back to my car with german sheppards, and beat me with batons, and hit me with fire hoses.

Choosing the option that is less favorable doesn't make it more right.
Correct in the grand scheme of things but clearly death is the worst of the to as oppose to being simply rejected.
They are both transgressions of liberty and equal accessibility to the law. 

Is what Madoff did worse than Sandusky? 

You can't compare the two...they're not the same thing. No one is saying they're the same thing. But they ARE bad. Thats just it. 

According to your theory, if you asked out a girl, her saying no, is pretty much the same as if she beat you, robbed you, raped your moms, stole everything you had simply because the end results is the answer no.

Poor analogy, IMO.
I can't explain this.

in one case, you're asking a woman to invest in you based on her own intrinsic personal standards for finding a mate. Shes not hiring me to work for her for pay or to perform a service.

The other is her violating my personal rights and breaking laws by inflicting physical harm on me. 

You know the difference. 

In your eyes with this example, every gir you talk to should let you smash. 

And i would love to where homosexuals were slaves.

What about homosexual slaves?
What about gay jews?

Id love to hear where there were females wanted to vote. The audacity of those maidens! 

Your ignorance is astounding.

Stop playing the victim card. Slavery doesn't exist anymore (openly in america). It just doesn't. It sucks. We all know the past and dont want to go back there. As long as there are currently citizens lacking rights then that makes it ok? 

When were homosexuals treated like common livestock again?

Uganda? Nigeria? Gay teens getting bullied and beat up? Russia? 
Nah, gays are treated like kings and queens, aren't they? 

5 minutes of a google search can reveal gay hate-crimes within the last MONTH. 

True but that is by individuals as i stated, it was an entire govt. an entire system infrustructure designed to the mistreatment and demoralizing. Again not to say being gay is a cakewalk in usa.

what time period were homosexuals taken from their land, and their inventions resources, and technology stolen from them again.

Strawman argument.
its like comparing the indian caste system that STILL exists to the fight of the irish and english right now. 

I'll tell you a time where black kingdoms conquered other lands. So where do your point end there? 

Slavery in any form is wrong. It doesn't matter the side you fight on in war, its still wrong. 

Don't be biased to your condition just because your ancestors went through that. 

An injustice is STILL an injustice. 

And what govt agency was developed solely on stopping homosexuals for protesting equal rights again.

Its easier to block people from being hired if you can visually separate them

You cant really visually deny a person because sexuality. You cant look at a male/female and say they are def. homosexual so im not going to hire them. Its actions/antics/etc that determine that. You can clearly look at a person and determine their race. Only way to tell if someone is truely a homosexual is if you visualize it first hand, and/or use stereotypes to make this determination. Key example if i never heard of wanda sykes and was unaware of the stigmas/stereotypes placed on homosexuals. How would i know that she is gay? Wouldnt it be almost certain that I without any knowledge of who she is be able to determine she is black?
But I bet you selectively forget how people used to be discriminated for not being the same sect of christianity. Baptists used to be at odds with pentacostals and catholics...now they're all "christian" see how that works? 

How many homosexuals were lynched, fed to gators, nailed and burned to a cross. How many pipe bombs have been tossed into gay clubs again? how many homosexuals have been assassinated for speaking out on their beliefs again?

Harvey Milk?
Milkposter08.jpg

Matthew Shepard? 

LaramieProjectFilm.jpg

indifferent.gif

How many homosexuals were sent to a war and were used like common placed lab rats and used as guinea pigs to see the effects of certain dieases and drugs amongst humans?

Hitler made homosexuals dress in pink uniforms and used them in nazi medical experiments.

Correct but the topic was about homosexuals in the usa. the events mostly all your examples are based on events outside of the united states.

Last i checked all they had was ppl simply denying them marriage and a few other common rights other americans enjoy.

Your selective recall of history is astounding. I expect more from you. 
I mean the transatlantic homosexual trade must have slipped my mind.

Yeah, so did the laws to arrest homosexuals in Jamaica (my parents are from there) or countries in eastern europe that have rounded up homosexuals. 

again op was talking about treatment in the usa. jamaica isnt in the usa.
But no, you forgot that too. 

Theres an article on NT right now about nigerian laws to give gays 14 years in prison. 

again nigeria isnt in the usa. op said treatment, plight of homosexuals in the usa.

I guess the homosexual version of Tuskegee experiments was overlooked by me as well as everyone else in the free world.

The same as the ones on psychological and medical experiments didn't bother you either. 
Must have miss the part where their were white/black/homosexual restaurants and other common places in society.

The same way you missed the businesses that don't want atheists or muslims in their restaurants. Can you look at someone and tell what religion they are? 
Let me know when you figure that out. 

I guess the govt. agencies who created a task force solely to stop the advancement of homosexuals must have came and went before anyone could even make an account of it even existing. 

Like in OUR OWN CIVIL RIGHTS efforts that prevented names like Baynard Rustin from getting the acclaim they deserve? Or in movements that prevent the advancement of homosexuals as being spokespeople for organizations and businesses? 

true again they were denied, not mistreated because of it. i could be denied a amex black card. doesnt mean amex is mistreating me, dehumanizing me. Your right both are wong but one is clearly a worse end result then the other.
Stop it. 

A wrong is a wrong in ANY form. Stop reaching for special treatment. If I steal I am just as in the wrong as if I punch a pregnant woman. 

not in this society. If you punch a pregnant woman and punch a woman who isnt pregnant yes it would look worse in the eyes of the us judical system. and the time given for said acts would be worse.

So denial of jobs/not being able to get tax earned credits by being married under what the govt believes is marriage is in the same realm as slavery, segregation and all the other slew of vile actions. 

Oh so now it only matters which rights you don't have.
Not the fact that you don't have all the rights that everyone else does. 

Don't you for a damn second act like homosexuals didn't get side-eyes in society or have had to fight just as hard to prove themselves. 
Never said they didnt. But in the usa of a where they inslaved beat, family members sold because of it?

The same struggle doesn't mean that there isnt the same goal. 

Agreed i stated the goals and agendas are the same. I agree, the ways in which both parties were/are treated in striving these goals in the USA are not the same.

Let me guess the homosexual plight is in the same realms as the holocaust to huh?

Are you serious?!?
Homosexuals were a DIRECT target of various campaigns of the holocaust. Now I know you have NO idea what you're talking about. 

True but im saying of homosexuals of the usa. You keep giving examples of different timelines in other countries. we are saying right here in the usa of a. And yes all of those horrific acts did happen but not here. We are simply talking about ppl the history and discrimination towards minorities due to race/sexuality in the usa.

that would be like mongloids complaining to the usa about how mongloids in other countries are used in sweatshop labor. Yes they are of the same race. but that mistreatment doesnt have anything to do with the mistreatment and discrimination of mongloids in the usa.

On top of that, this is an incredibly asinine argument. 

A plight to right a wrong makes it an effort to make amends. 

Infringing on the rights of others should not be tolerated in ANY form. So yes, they are on the same plight. Limiting the rights of people Maybe on the lines of the treatment of native americans. 

OH! What an epiphany!

The conversation is done.

You've negated EVERY point you've attempted to make. 

For the most part homosexuals as a whole arent being mistreated by an entire nation, they are being denied certain liberties.

Again, negating your argument.

I will agree being denied certain liberties/rights as a whole for homosexuals. And thats exactly what I said homosexuals as a whole arent being mistreated by an entire nation. So um im failing to see what your getting at. But it is fair to say that in a period of time many other minorities were mistreated as a whole by this entire nation.
So gays should suck it up not having rights?

Its like saying I wish atheists would stop complaining. Religion isn't THAT bad. 

Again as i have emphasis denial and mistreatment isnt the same.

You KNOW of examples of both, yet you stand behind this argument.
DUDE JUST ADMIT IT. YOU DON'T LIKE GAY PEOPLE.

JUST SAY IT. YOU'RE DANCING AROUND THE QUESTION MAN. 

JUST COME OUT OF THE PC CLOSET. 

STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY HATING GAY PEOPLE. 

THIS PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE SIDESTEPPING IS UTTERLY FRUSTRATING FROM YOU.

MAKE A POINT AND STAND BEHIND IT. 

For some reason ppl equate the two.

Every movement is different...otherwise...IT WOULD BE THE SAME MOVEMENT!

Yes the goal is the same. its like a no pun but a race. The end results are to make it to the finish line true. But if every racer was running on different terrains, had different obstacles some worst then others, how would it be a fair assestment to say becasue they are all running the race then all conditions, etc in which they are running are all the same.
Me denying one of my kids a toy and granting the other one a toy, isnt the same as me beating them, demoralizing them, dehumanizing them, stealing and inflicting emotion/physical pain unto them.

Boo-hoo.
Its still wrong.

True but one is worst then another. Ok if it was truely all the same. Do you think dfacs/police would treat it the same if someone called on them because I denied my child a toy at walmart, the same as me stripping them naked and beating them etc for all to see? No. If it was as simple as wrong is wrong there wouldnt be differential punishment in our judical system. A man who steals a candy bar would serve the same time as a man who robs a bank? A woman who beats her child would get the same time as a man who beats a woman. Hell a man you breaks into a bank and steals 500k would get the same as a man who embezzles 500k. Thing is it isnt that way. Its why i can kill a man with a knife or kill a man with a gun and get a different set of time. Its why I could go into a convient store hold it up at gunpoint, or go to walmart and do the same thing and the end result would be difference in time being served. This wrong is wrong while sounds good in theory isnt the case in the actually world.

Is it the same thing? Well no, obviously not. You've listed 8 different things and act like 8 things can also be 1 thing...thats EIGHT SEPARATE THINGS. 

So let me ask you this when you asked your parents for something as a kid and they said no you felt as if they hated you mistreated you? Did it feel as if they treated you less than human? 

My parents didn't prevent me from EQUAL opportunity from participating in other legal benefits that are guaranteed under the law. 

This is a non-sequitur. 

you are right about all in a sense of wordly events, but as far as here in the usa. Then i cannot agree. The treatment of minorities due to race historically in the usa IS/WAS worse then the treatment of homosexuals. The whole wrong is wrong argument is partial truth. Being robbed at gunpoint and being robbed and killed at gun point while both are wrong, one clearly has a worse result then the other. And i dont hate gay ppl, infact a good friend of mines is infact gay and does shows and drag and all that. And he has had hardships, but i know for certain he wouldnt say the struggles and discrimination he indures currently, is in the likes of lets say a african american in the 1700's or 1800's.

Again i state discrimination is wrong and denial of any so called "god given rights" should be accesible to all. But i will say the treatment of africans historically in america is worse then the history of mistreatment of homosexuals in the united states.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

LDJ just nailed it.  For anybody that wants to or even had the desire to even try to compare the homosexual movement with that of the civil rights movement make sure you read the post by LDJ above and then wipe that comparison or notion completely out of your head.  For now and forever more.    

Still waiting on his reasoning of why homosexuality has caused blacks to have a 72% illegitimacy rate.

no one said it did. This thread has went waaaay to the left field. What i was stating is a few things. Discrimination of any kind is wrong period. It is a real topic and a ill in our society. It shouldnt be ridiculed and belittled by whats cool, hip, or the end thing to talk about in social mediums. it shouldnt take a gossip blog, or some hot trending topic to raise awareness. It should also not be emphasized based on certain groups of ppl who are being discriminated against. And in current times the main focal point of discrimination as of late is that of homosexuals. As it was of ppl of mongloid decent, post vietnam war. Same as now the focus of saying no to drugs its meth. I cant even think of the last time I have seen a commercial that said dont make fun of an asian etc.. When the last time you seen a commercial or public awareness of drug usage of any other drug besides meth/ice/crank/weed?

the other point I made is incestuous couples should have just as much rights as homosexuals. End of the day its ppl who are being denied/and not being socially accepted because of who they decide to be in a relationship with. Homosexuality is no much worse/better then incest. And if the only argument ppl have is oh well homosexuality isnt wrong because incest leads to deformed kids, as if every person who walks the earth wants to have kids.

And again no one has answered the ? How is 2 men unrelated to each other having a relationship, any different then 2 men related to each other having a relationship. Are ppl saying that 2 consentual adults who have same family lineage arent competant enough to consent to have sex? I understand beastiality, relationships with inatimiate objects. But ill even go further. If its all about ppl having free-will and having the rights to be accepted no matter what, then wouldnt this apply as well?

Seems as ppl are saying things are only wrong if i dont get it,like it, or wrong according to the general census. If thats the case then the general census believes homsexuality is wrong. So what makes homosexuality the exception to the rule?

Originally Posted by LDJ

you are right about all in a sense of wordly events, but as far as here in the usa. Then i cannot agree. 

Lets hear it. 
The treatment of minorities due to race historically in the usa IS/WAS worse then the treatment of homosexuals.
So?
Thats the point.

SO?! 

Homosexuals have had wrongs committed against them. 

So have the japanese.

So have the irish and hispanics in this country.

A WRONG...IS...A... WRONG.

The whole wrong is wrong argument is partial truth.

Doesn't matter. 
The fight towards justice may have more rounds than others but it does not invalidate the fight nonetheless. 

Being robbed at gunpoint and being robbed and killed at gun point while both are wrong, one clearly has a worse result then the other.

Well sure, but thats why the robber still gets prosecuted.
Its still WRONG to rob people...and its also WRONG to rob AND kill people. 

And i dont hate gay ppl, infact a good friend of mines is infact gay and does shows and drag and all that.

"my best friend is black" 
And he has had hardships, but i know for certain he wouldnt say the struggles and discrimination he indures currently, is in the likes of lets say a african american in the 1700's or 1800's. 

Neither are your struggles the same. 
I dont know why you cling to these stories so much. My parents are from Jamaica. It was abolished there before it was here but they know slavery and have seen more reminants of it than most of you EVER will...but they got over it.

Stop acting like slavery is the same as the racism that exists to day.

Neither are right but racism is the enemy, not slavery. 

Slavery is a non-factor in this country (unless you talk about sex slaves) for the most part so dead it.

You keep wanting to be like "B-b-b-b-but its not the same!" ...are you afraid that you might not be as important as you think you are? There ARE other people in the world you know? 

Again i state discrimination is wrong and denial of any so called "god given rights" should be accesible to all.

So what are you complaining about? 
As i've said before and you've failed to negate: A WRONG IS A WRONG.

But i will say the treatment of africans historically in america is worse then the history of mistreatment of homosexuals in the united states.

So where do Native Americans fall?
Is this your attempt at one-upping every argument? 

Well...my ancient chinese ancestors who died at the hands of Genghis Khan had it worse than ALL of you all... So??? ..WHO CARES. 

I mean seriously. We're talking about RIGHT NOW. 

A wrong is a wrong...as YOUVE said above. 

I'm a black male that still faces the world with a massive chip on my shoulder but dammit i can't sit by and let another person be accosted and have their rights taken away from them when they are law-abiding citizens. 

Look man, whats your point? 

Civil rights are not black rights. They are rights for ALL people. The civilians. Civil cases in court aren't black cases. 

Notice that the civil rights bill does not say "black/hispanic" it says ALL people. 

Notice that the american disability act doesn't say "cerebal palsy" it says ALL people. 

Do you want gay people to have rights or not? You're not saying anything at this point. 

Then read how I debunked it.

You did no such thing champ.  You tried as best you could, I'll give you that much.

Full of fallacies and logical inconsistencies

That's funny, I was going to say the same statement regarding your response.

In fact, whats wrong with even comparing them?

Are they not worthy of gaining rights?

Are gays worthy of rights, sure.  However, gay people have or never did have it nowhere near as bad as black people that had to overcome a system and still have to overcome a system that was designed from the beginning to make blacks a permanent underclass in this country.  Just in comparison alone, gay people have had it easy compared to blacks, way easier.   

Glad to see my little follower is still running behind and following my moves
laugh.gif
.  Bless your heart.

Still waiting on his reasoning of why homosexuality has caused blacks to have a 72% illegitimacy rate

Your reading comprehension needs improvement.  I never connected homosexuality with a 72% illegitimacy rate.  You misread what I wrote, but don't worry I'm not going to hold that against you.  

But i will say the treatment of africans historically in america is worse then the history of mistreatment of homosexuals in the united states.

Exactly.  There should be no one that disputes this claim.  If you do, then you simply don't know the history of this country and what certain groups had to endure.

You did no such thing champ.  You tried as best you could, I'll give you that much.

Are gays worthy of rights, sure.  However, gay people have or never did have it nowhere near as bad as black people that had to overcome a system and still have to overcome a system that was designed from the beginning to make blacks a permanent underclass in this country.  Just in comparison alone, gay people have had it easy compared to blacks, way easier.   

laugh.gif
.  Bless your heart.

Still waiting on his reasoning of why homosexuality has caused blacks to have a 72% illegitimacy rate

Your reading comprehension needs improvement.  I never connected homosexuality with a 72% illegitimacy rate.  You misread what I wrote, but don't worry I'm not going to hold that against you.  

Exactly.  There should be no one that disputes this claim.  If you do, then you simply don't know the history of this country and what certain groups had to endure.

/ Thread

I don't care if you stubbed your toe and bumped your head on your way to the hospital, and someone else just drove over as long as you get there...then get there. I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. JUST DO NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COMPARE STRUGGLES ULTIMATELY FALLS PREY VOLUNTARILY BEING A VICTIM SO THEY CAN GET MORE SYMPATHY.

We all know about the wrongs committed in the past...but how will that help those who are being wronged TODAY? 

Comparing the plight of others does NOT invalidate the legitimacy of their plight. Its a talking point used to blur the discussion and keep the focus on selfish people. Do you like bragging about your past? No? Well get over it and help out your fellow citizen. 

Once again to see people refusing to agree that other groups of people deserve equal rights under law is quite depressing... but even more so because black people are speaking out against equal rights and have parents and grandparents that directly experienced Jim Crow.. To not champion equal rights no matter the circumstance is totally pathetic.. Yes the struggles were different in detail but oh so similar in obtaining equal right under law.. To say that "homosexuality" is new or something that is a fad proves that you are obviously ignorant to history.. At any point in history around 10 % of the population has been gay.. Whether it was revealed at the time or later through historical account... Believe it or not men have been doing the anal thing to each other for a long time and it won't stop anytime soon.. It's not a matter of whether you accept it or not it's whether you can come to terms with your own internal discomfort and agree that they are people just like you and I that deserve to be treated as such... Do I try to accept what you do with your wife, gf or j.o.? No because I don't give a damn but I do believe under the law you should have the same right as I do...

Isn't it also ironic how african americans are time and time again identified as the most religious ethnic group in this country... Religion is clearly an impediment to human progress.. Hopefully one day in this country we'll at least see the number and percentages of religiosity at levels that at the least rival modern day Europe.. Then acceptance of different groups may improve.. highly doubtful though as throughout history people have used their faith to justify injustices perpetrated against other groups of people..

Reminds me of the thread where an "infamous NT member" to be name later, used homosexuality are a reason black families are struggling...

Anytime there's a problem in one community let's point the finger at a sub group within their realm and try to use those people as a scapegoat for the shortcomings of the hole
smile.gif

Hmm That sounds faintly similar to a movement that started in Germany after world war I... remember that guy named Adolf?

I agree in my post right above though I was referencing a diff person.. this guy though as you stated wants someone to hold his hand and agree that discrimination against blacks is worse than discrimination against gays.. SAD WORLD..

Funny how this stuff works.

"god" tells me I can't be born this way so it must not be true...so I have to talk loud enough so that god doesn't think i'm really gay... 
eyes.gif

b9Sro.jpg

htevR.jpg

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COMPARE STRUGGLES ULTIMATELY FALLS PREY VOLUNTARILY BEING A VICTIM SO THEY CAN GET MORE SYMPATHY.
That's great and all, now if we can just get individuals to stop trying to draw a parallel between the civil rights movement and the homosexuality movement that would be great.  Different times, different situations, and different punishment from the two.  Just completely different.  I say the same thing in the music forum when Kanye West fans try to say that Kanye is this generation's Michael Jackson or even have the nerve to say that Kanye West is equal to Michael Jackson as an artist.

We better not call homosexuality a civil rights issue because one group gets mad since their struggle was greater. 

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COMPARE STRUGGLES ULTIMATELY FALLS PREY VOLUNTARILY BEING A VICTIM SO THEY CAN GET MORE SYMPATHY.

That's great and all, now if we can just get individuals to stop trying to draw a parallel between the civil rights movement and the homosexuality movement that would be great.  Different times, different situations, and different punishment from the two.  Just completely different.  I say the same thing in the music forum when Kanye West fans try to say that Kanye is this generation's Michael Jackson or even have the nerve to say that Kanye West is equal to Michael Jackson as an artist.

Why are you being so dense???

CIVIL RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS. 

CIVILIAN RIGHTS

CIVIL RIGHTS ARE NOT BLACK RIGHTS. 

CIVIL LAW CASES ARE NOT BLACK COURT CASES.

THEY ARE RIGHTS OF CIVILIANS. 

THE MOVEMENT NEVER ENDED.

THE NAME OF THE MOVEMENT COULD BE CALLED THE "RUBBERBAND COUNCIL" AND IT WOULD NOT MATTER. 

Cesar Chavez and MLK Jr. fought different battles but they wanted the same thing. Equality and protection under the law. 

You act like black people were the only ones who had hoses and dogs turned on them in the history of the US and the world. Grow up.

There are other people out there that struggle just like you do. Step outside of your own bias. 

Do you know what the Armenian Genocide is? Do you know what the Kurdish Genocide is? Do you know about the Death Squads of Khmer Rouge? Do you associate with the plight of Native Americans? 

We all hurt and the only way to get over it is to get our rights protected by the law that is enforced by the people. 

I wouldnt say easy, no one really has it easy but it def isnt as worse historically in this country

laugh.gif
.  Bless your heart.

/ Thread

I don't care if you stubbed your toe and bumped your head on your way to the hospital, and someone else just drove over as long as you get there...then get there. I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. JUST DO NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COMPARE STRUGGLES ULTIMATELY FALLS PREY VOLUNTARILY BEING A VICTIM SO THEY CAN GET MORE SYMPATHY.

We all know about the wrongs committed in the past...but how will that help those who are being wronged TODAY? 

Because you cannot improve on something unless you retrace your steps and see where is it that you failed or made mistakes thats how.

Its no different then if someone works on your car. It be hard pressed to fix a problem or do work on a car without knowledge/history of the car or knowing what occured to lead to the current issues involving the car.

Comparing the plight of others does NOT invalidate the legitimacy of their plight. Its a talking point used to blur the discussion and keep the focus on selfish people. Do you like bragging about your past? No? Well get over it and help out your fellow citizen. 

its not comparing because its uncomparably is the point. You cant compare something that is so far apart from each other. i mean you could but it would absolutely make no sense. thats what you keep avloiding and or saying it is the same because wrong is wrong.

im sorry but someone making fun of my child and someone killing my child isnt the same in my eyes. i couldnt honestly say well both wrong so its the same. if you can then thats cool. cant see how you feel the same if someone stole a pen from your desk the same as if someone raped your moms killed her and threw her in the dumpster. If you can honestly say oh they are both the same and both are wrong and are equal in crimes the iuno what to tell you.

No one ever said it did, is the point. But your saying is all wrongs and all mistreatments are the same. And im saying that infact they are not. someone making fun of your kid isnt the same as someone kidnapping and killing your kid. Someone stealing a pen offa your desk isnt the same as someone duct taping you and holding you at gunpoint. If everything was so wrong is wrong then why do we have different sentences based on severity of the crime? If all wrongs are wrong then all criminals would get the same time. But guess what. They dont.

I dont get where you said you cant support all. I never once said that. all i stated was it seems many well majority of ppl are emphasizing discrimination against homosexuals. Why them what differentiate their plights anymore then other minorities?
As far as comparing struggles their isnt an comparison at all? It is absolutely ubsurd to compare the treatment of minorities due to race in the past versus the current treatment of homosexuals of today.

I stated and this is going back to the op and original topic at hand is the sole emphasis on discrimination of homosexuals. And it is more then apparent. i dont think i have seen a commercial addressing discrimination against mongloids since post vietnam war. We didnt see any public awareness of muslims untill after 9-11. All im saying is like the boards of educations, the media outlets etc... shouldnt just over emphasize the struggles of homosexuals but equally express the struggles of all supressed groups of ppl.

Where crime rates and black folks not marrying fits in i have no clue.

And again I ask how is 2 same sex ppl in a committed consentual relationship any different then 2 same sex ppl in a committed consentual relationship but happen to be from the same family?

Can you not turn around and ask what the difference is between a heterosexual couple and a heterosexual couple that happens to be incestuous?

So if a person is bi-sexual should they be allowed to marry a man and a woman?
laugh.gif

I guess I can agree with OP.  Why do I have to accept it?  What if I don't see it as right?  How am I wrong for that?

I pride myself on treating everyone how I would like to be treated, I don't hold hate against anyone, even the a-holes out there that probably deserve it.
Can it be that I simply don't agree with the lifestyle?  Can I treat a person as my equal and yet not agree with the way they live their life?

I would never bully or beat up or ridicule anyone, gay or straight, but it seems some would say I have hate in my heart just because I don't agree with them.
In addition to those that actually do hold hate for gay people, there have been many instances in this thread of people holding hate against people who don' agree with them
or won't support what they believe.

In my opinion OP didn't really say anything negative or abusive or derogatory in his first post yet people started calling him names and telling him he was full of hate.
How are those people any better than the ones they claim are wrong.  People jumped at OPs throat cause they don't agree with his view.
But you don't want anyone name calling or showing hate when they don't agree with gay peoples view.

You don't want me to hate gay people.  But yet you have no problem hating me for not agreeing with it.

CIVILIAN RIGHTS

THE NAME OF THE MOVEMENT COULD BE CALLED THE "RUBBERBAND COUNCIL" AND IT WOULD NOT MATTER. 

Cesar Chavez and MLK Jr. fought different battles but they wanted the same thing. Equality and protection under the law. 

You act like black people were the only ones who had hoses and dogs turned on them in the history of the US and the world. Grow up.

There are other people out there that struggle just like you do. Step outside of your own bias. 

Do you know what the Armenian Genocide is? Do you know what the Kurdish Genocide is? Do you know about the Death Squads of Khmer Rouge? Do you associate with the plight of Native Americans? 

We all hurt and the only way to get over it is to get our rights protected by the law that is enforced by the people. 

Ive notice a little slight prejudice in this thread and mainly becuase of results/comments as such. in not one statement did i specify blacks, yet every single not one but every single example someone states concerning civil rights its, black ppl think its all about them and belongs to only them. i never i one statement said or eluded to this. I said that the mistreatment of minorities in the past in the usa and its effects on the current conditions of minorities of usa in today. isnt equal to the plight of homosexuals of today. First thing every single person who has posted on here has said oh woe is me we get it blacks are *****ing and complaining, we get it blacks had it worse in the past

I never once stated or said in any thread gays got it easy and blacks had it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder, yet every single post in a what 17, 18 page thread concludes this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE assumption. Its pretty prejudice and kinda puts into question ppl so call sincerity on all ppl should be treated fair. seems like some ppl are gay, which no problem with me, or the subject hits them on a personal level and feel the need to over emphasize the homosexual struggles.

I simply stated that minorities of the past historically in the usa were treated worse due to race then due to sexuality. How that transformed to the only minority to ever be discriminated in the usa is blacks is beyond me. Seems like hypocricy to me esp seeing as no one has addressed the issue of why ppl who want to be in incestuous consentual relationships is wrong.

Originally Posted by LDJ

sillyputty wrote:
Deuce King wrote:

CIVILIAN RIGHTS

Ive notice a little slight prejudice in this thread and mainly becuase of results/comments as such. in not one statement did i specify blacks, yet every single not one but every single example someone states concerning civil rights its, black ppl think its all about them and belongs to only them. i never i one statement said or eluded to this. I said that the mistreatment of minorities in the past in the usa and its effects on the current conditions of minorities of usa in today. isnt equal to the plight of homosexuals of today. First thing every single person who has posted on here has said oh woe is me we get it blacks are *****ing and complaining, we get it blacks had it worse in the past

I never once stated or said in any thread gays got it easy and blacks had it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder,
yet every single post in a what 17, 18 page thread concludes this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE assumption. Its pretty prejudice and kinda puts into question ppl so call sincerity on all ppl should be treated fair. seems like some ppl are gay, which no problem with me, or the subject hits them on a personal level and feel the need to over emphasize the homosexual struggles.

I simply stated that minorities of the past historically in the usa were treated worse due to race then due to sexuality. How that transformed to the only minority to ever be discriminated in the usa is blacks is beyond me. Seems like hypocricy to me esp seeing as no one has addressed the issue of why ppl who want to be in incestuous consentual relationships is wrong.
You are complaining that because african americans and other minorities subjectively in your opinion had it worse than homosexuals, that some how it  invalidates what homosexuals are going through to gain equal protection and recognition from the law.

Is this seriously your argument?

In fact, if there was ever a way to judge "who had it worse"...would it matter? In fact why does it matter to you so much? 

Again, do gay people not deserve their rights? 

You are a stone-cold-liar. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Re-read ALL page 17 and say that with a straight face: 

LDJ wrote:
your example is in no way similiar to the treatment of african americans and homosexuals. Are you really saying rape/slavery/theivery = just saying no?

Thats only one incident. 

But keep reaching. Your frequent use of "Slavery" insinuates who you were referring to as well. So Keep trying to back-track. 

Nice strawman by insinuating that I was gay, too. I saw that but I'm not going to address it because I know you're not that dumb. I'm not gay. I'm a black guy in his 20s who doesn't believe in god(s) who wants there to be equal rights for all citizens. Is that a problem for you? 

ONCE AGAIN, YOU'RE JUST MAD THAT SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT AWAY FROM YOU. YOU'RE JEALOUS AND WANT ALL THE VICTIMIZATION ATTENTION ON YOU. WOE IS BLACK PEOPLE...WE HAD IT WORSE...WHY DON'T THEY CARE ABOUT US... 

YOU'RE SELFISH AND YOU DON'T REALIZE THAT THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE FIGHTS OF THEIR OWN. 

Did gay people go through the same thing? Nope. 

Do they deserve the same rights? Yep.

End of story.

Anything else you want to complain about with "we had it worse" DOES NOT MATTER. Take your pity party elsewhere. 

I'm about granting rights to law-abiding citizens. 

You're about making sure everyone remembers the home-run you scored in tee-ball every 5 minutes. ULTIMATELY NO ONE CARES. 

I don't understand why you're complaining dude. I'm a black male...I know how rough it can get sometimes. I've been subjected to racism. It sucks. But I'm not about to sit here and say homosexuals can't have rights or aren't sincere in their plight for their CIVILIAN RIGHTS because we're not the same.

FYI, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH INCEST ON PAPER. its the genetic aspect of it that might raise ethical questions and also the potential for sexual abuse as most sex abuse cases occur from either the mother or father. Also, its the same reason why its illegal to sleep with underaged kids...adult coercion is legally recognized as an influence and might be misused. But if they're legally of age then PLAY BALL. I don't care. If you're 18 and want to smash your 22 year old sister GO AHEAD...just know that your kid has a higher chance of being be messed up due to our understanding of genetics. 

DO YOU KNOW WHAT CIVIL RIGHTS ARE? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT TERM MEANS?

CIVILIAN RIGHTS. IF GAYS ARE CIVILIANS, THEY DESERVE THEIR RIGHTS.

CIVIL RIGHTS DID NOT STOP IN 1964.  

Originally Posted by LDJ

sillyputty wrote:

CIVILIAN RIGHTS

I never once stated or said in any thread gays got it easy and blacks had it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder,
yet every single post in a what 17, 18 page thread concludes this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE assumption. Its pretty prejudice and kinda puts into question ppl so call sincerity on all ppl should be treated fair. seems like some ppl are gay, which no problem with me, or the subject hits them on a personal level and feel the need to over emphasize the homosexual struggles.

You are complaining that because african americans and other minorities subjectively in your opinion had it worse than homosexuals, that some how it  invalidates what homosexuals are going through to gain equal protection and recognition from the law.

In fact, if there was ever a way to judge "who had it worse"...would it matter? In fact why does it matter to you so much? 

it isnt a judgement i just stated a fact. Its like we need air to breathe water to live.

i never said they didnt. i many of times stated all ppl. Its others who are emphasizing homosexuals.

roll.gif
roll.gif

LDJ wrote:

Thats only one incident. 
i used that as an example of a particular race. i mean we would be on page iuno 100+ if i mentioned every single incident that has ever occured to any and all minorities in america

But keep reaching. Your frequent use of "Slavery" insinuates who you were referring to as well. So Keep trying to back-track. 

Nice strawman by insinuating that I was gay, too. I saw that but I'm not going to address it because I know you're not that dumb. I'm not gay. I'm a black guy in his 20s who doesn't believe in god(s) who wants there to be equal rights for all citizens. Is that a problem for you? 

Never said you was gay i said ppl in general seem to only be empasizing homosexuals discriminations as if they are either gay or it effects them in a personal way. You assumed by me saying many ppl and folks in general meant you if i believed you were gay i would simply state i feel you are gay. i dont pussyfoot around or beat around anything. And even if you are gay as i stated in general about anyone who cares it is irrelevant.

ONCE AGAIN, YOU'RE JUST MAD THAT SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT AWAY FROM YOU. YOU'RE JEALOUS AND WANT ALL THE VICTIMIZATION ATTENTION ON YOU. WOE IS BLACK PEOPLE...WE HAD IT WORSE...WHY DON'T THEY CARE ABOUT US... 

YOU'RE SELFISH AND YOU DON'T REALIZE THAT THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE FIGHTS OF THEIR OWN. 

Thats what i stated iuno 100+ times i said the emphasis should be on all ppl, you specifically keep addressing homosexuals. i mentioned mongloids, spanish speaking ppl, ppl who believe in incestuous relationships. matter fact i stated that iiuno the last 5 or 6 threads. What other group have you mentioned besides homosexuals. Ive talked about many different races/sexualities and your only one is homosexuals yet im the one who only cares about a certain group of ppl.

End of story.

Anything else you want to complain about with "we had it worse" DOES NOT MATTER. Take your pity party elsewhere. 

You're about making sure everyone remembers the home-run you scored in tee-ball every 5 minutes. ULTIMATELY NO ONE CARES. 

I don't understand why you're complaining dude. I'm a black male...I know how rough it can get sometimes. I've been subjected to racism. It sucks. But I'm not about to sit here and say homosexuals can't have rights or aren't sincere in their plight for their CIVILIAN RIGHTS because we're not the same.

never said they cant have/or deserve rights. copy and post when i personally stated this. and why would i be mad that they are treated fair. last i checked if they are for example allowed nationwide to get married, it wouldnt revoke the rights for me to get married. so ... im lost

CIVILIAN RIGHTS. IF GAYS anyone ARE CIVILIANS, THEY DESERVE THEIR RIGHTS.

seems like your specifically addressing gays right there yet im the one who is only talking about a particular group of ppl. again the op said we should address and emphasize rights for all ppl and yet you only have addressed homosexuals. I mentioned how mongloids were mistreated post vietnam war, i meantion how esp. in ny and other northern states spanish ppl were mistreated etc.. during the late 60's 70's. i mentioned why discriminating treat view incestuous as wrong. Yet no answer all i got is gays are equal as everyone else, you dont want them to have rights you hate them. When infact i stated all should and address many different minorities. copy and show me where you stated incestuous ppl should have rights to believe in what they believe hell any other group outside of homosexuals.

Never said they did, and please copy and paste where i stated they didnt? please copy and paste where i said only blacks deserve equal rights. Now i can easily show where the only minority group you have addressed is homosexuals. i mean all it would take is reading pretty much any and ever posting you have in this thread.

The op stated that we should emphasize all discrimination and not just focus on that of homosexuals. yet majority have only addressed homosexuals which has proven ops' original point.

And yet no one answers the question how is same sex relationship different just because to ppl are related?

And why if not media socilism, hot trendy thing to talk about is the emphases on homosexuality equality broadcast more now, currently in media socially etc then all the other minorities that are being discriminated against?

yes its wrong but making a blanket statement such as civil rights just wasnt for blacks, or gays are ppl to have nothing to do with the original topic. It only is a statement.

Its just pointing out that gays are being discriminated against. never said they werent. ok nike use sweatshop labor, um we faught a war and mislead the country for why we faught the war. i mean i can go on and on making true statements. but does it really pertain to the op question at hand or the other questions?

Originally Posted by LDJ

sillyputty wrote:

CIVILIAN RIGHTS

roll.gif
roll.gif

LDJ wrote:

Thats only one incident. 

End of story.

FYI, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH INCEST ON PAPER. its the genetic aspect of it that might raise ethical questions and also the potential for sexual abuse as most sex abuse cases occur from either the mother or father. Also, its the same reason why its illegal to sleep with underaged kids...adult coercion is legally recognized as an influence and might be misused. But if they're legally of age then PLAY BALL. I don't care. If you're 18 and want to smash your 22 year old sister GO AHEAD...just know that your kid has a higher chance of being be messed up due to our understanding of genetics. 

CIVILIAN RIGHTS. IF GAYS ARE CIVILIANS, THEY DESERVE THEIR RIGHTS.

But your making several assumptions. 1 that all ppl who would be in a incestuous relationship will want to have kids. 2 assumption of that every incestuous relationship will be a heterosexual one. 3 that all incestuous relationships would start with a parent cohersing their minor child into having sex. you do know ppl say the same thing when it comes to homosexuals adopting kids right? 4 that it could be unethical. hello many ppl feel the same way about homosexual relationships. also i might add to the point of high chances of messed up kids due to incest, theyre str8 heterosexual who dont engage in incestuous relationships that have these very same genetic risk are you saying they shouldnt be able to create life also?

This thread should not be 17 pages long. That means that there are people who actually believe that homosexuality is something you can "accept."
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If you compare homosexuality to bestiality, there is something wrong with you. Please don't make me post the cartoon again.

Your cartoon didn't mention polygamy though.  Multiple "consenting adults".

You guys are really having an intelligent conversation here....

get a grip y'all.

true power don't power trip.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Polygamy is a separate issue though.

How so if they are all consentual adults and are all harmonious then why would it be different. man/man, man/woman, woman/woman/, man/woman/woman, or woman/man/man. If they are all happy then how is it any different? Now if you are saying becuase society in general and you personally feel its wrong/unethical then that same argument can apply to homosexual relationships interracial relationships so on and so forth.

Gay Rights Supporter - "Gays are being denied the right to marry the person they want"

Anti gay rights supporter - "No one can marry anyone of the same sex, no ones rights are being denied. A gay man and gay woman can get married, just not two gay men or 2 gay women."

Polygamy Supporter - "Polygamists are being denied to marry the people they want."

Anti polygamy supporter (who ironically supports gay marriage) - "No one can marry more than one person, no ones rights are being denied"

Back
Top Bottom