WHY are Americans SUCH brand whoresz??

i mean damn...something can be completely doo doo but because ____ made its fashion "forward"
eyes.gif

why is it that a logo can make da same shirt jump 20-40 bucks?
smh.gif

why is it that a car can be BETTER then another car but because _____ didn't make it its slept on?
smh.gif
smh.gif

i really try not to be a brand !+!$#....i look at da quality of something before i like at who made it....THEN if this brand makes consistant quality i'llcop it based on that.

i hate people coppin inferior products because of da "brand name" and i HATE when people try to clown on people when your joint is just as good andnot brand name...

discuss.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rafiki zeeki

it's always been about status..
its ridiculous..and can be illogical too..like someone will by multiple______ that cost more and qualitywise last lest then_____just to prove thatthey can do it to make a point to

they peers...
eyes.gif

Companies are taking advantage of this especially now-a-days. The higher end companies are starting to make lower quality products, and are just selling offthe nostalgia of their brand name.

Jordan Brand included
smh.gif

America's based on capitalism. if there was no system to categorize status and class, what would Americans work for? our country is based on movin up andname brands are a relatively cheap and visible sign of that.

sick.gif
at the spelling of *$#*+!.

Americans are brand *$#*+! because many, if not all, are sheep. We see what's perceived as hot on celebrities and just mimmick that look.

hanes/fruit of the loom undergarments >

Ya'll keep your polo draws. 30+ for some underwear?

can get a 4 pack for 8-10 bucks, walking comfy.

It's pretty rampant in America but other countries do the same thing.

dont get your panties in a bunch, other people spending money on brand names is not hurting your pockets. You continue saving your money while others splurge..

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

fam... you're on niketalk

nike makes high quality products for da most part...wanna try ur hand wit reebok and adidas?
Back in the days when I had the Iversons and Kobe joints from Adidas, the quality felt on par with my Nike's.

It's not just in America, man. This is a world wide phenomena. It's just apparent because Americans go in a bit harder than others, the averageAmerican actually spend 101% prior to the recession...meaning they spend more than what they make.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

hanes/fruit of the loom undergarments >

Ya'll keep your polo draws. 30+ for some underwear?

can get a 4 pack for 8-10 bucks, walking comfy.
word, and what da consumer most of da time didn't know is polo most likely outsourced da same factory to make da polo boxers that made dahanes ones except u payin more

because its got a horse on it.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Rightguard

dont get your panties in a bunch, other people spending money on brand names is not hurting your pockets. You continue saving your money while others splurge..
don't get my post twisted...i never said to be cheap, i said to shop SMARTER. are you coppin___becauseits da best quality? or you coppin it because____ made it?

quality >> brand

Back
Top Bottom