Why Are So Many Successful Black Women Unmarried?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The thing is, many of the women that have great jobs and are on the right path PROFESSIONALLY are still regular people. The majority of people aren't catches in terms of relationship compatibility.

These high $ earning women seem to think they have all of their stuff together and that is not the truth. Some of them are still headcases, some of them still don't know how to allow a man to be a man, some of them still don't have respect for black men in general. Remember the black community is highly comprised of single parent households.

A lot of these woman have NEVER had a black male in their life that they respected. They might have had men that they have LOVED, but respected? Not many even understand what it means to have respect for a black male. Their mothers poisoned their minds as kids, so they see their mother bad mouth men, have different men in and out of their lives, what do you think they will grow up to do?

That is why some dudes have a prerequisite for dating black women. "If they weren't raised by a mother AND a father, I won't deal with them." And that makes sense to me. YES you might miss out on someone qualified that was raised by only a mother, but we miss out on good folks all of the time for various preferences we have.

I will end with this. If I am a woman, and every dude I meet it NEVER works out, how does it make sense for me to think it is the dude(s) fault?

Interesting take on it. Never would've seen it as the successful black women holding themselves back somewhat...Most of the one's i've seen simplyaren't attractive (this includes face). well, at least at my school at Temple. Then again i dunno many to begin with
grin.gif

Although to be fair Im not helping black women out, I'm haitian and my girl is irish/portugese, and im hella happy with her so i can care less
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

because many black successful women either A. date complete trash (they get some good D and cant stop) or B. have an extreme elitist attitude which even many successful black men wouldnt want to deal with

Originally Posted by ninjahood

because many black successful women either A. date complete trash (they get some good D and cant stop) or B. have an extreme elitist attitude which even many successful black men wouldnt want to deal with
i can speak from experience, i dated one black woman in my life and i can say that ill never do it again. she is a lawyer a neat freak wantedeverything done her way and maaaad stuck up. so im glad i deaded her. she still says hi and hits me up on facebook once in a blue. she got with some trini guyfresh outa jail that beats her now
smokin.gif

uhm, that's why I like "Something New" A lot of times, some women may overlook blue collar dudes cuz they may not be on your"level." I mean, hey, me personally, I @%%%# wit' white collar, own your own house and car type ofdude....but I've dated below that. Did it work out? Nah. But you can't say I'm elitist. I give everyone their chance---what you do with it is onyou.

I will say this, REGARDLESS of what color collar you got, if you not 'bout moving up the ladder then I just can't rock wit'chu
ohwell.gif
I mean, right now...I'm a teacher---but trust and believe I do not intendon just "teaching" the rest of my life. If you a mechanic, then are you tryna have you own shop? If you cut hair, ain't you tired of payingrent? If you a contractor, are you tryna start up your firm? If you work at state farm, are you tryna have your own branch wit' a bench to go wit' it?
laugh.gif

So da real question is why aren't successful black women attracted to successful

Black men & vice versa?

Also two successful people probably wouldnt have much time for each other . If they both are working long workweeks their relationship would suffer in the endbecause of a lack of communication .

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I like seeing these women single and hope they stay like that. I hate women that have ridiculous standards and expect them to make more than what they make. These broads have ridiculous expectations. Nobody wanna hear that %%%#. You should marry whoever you have chemistry with, whoever feels right. It shouldn't be about your resume
I think it's pretty naive to assume socio-economic status doesn't play a factor in marital options.
ohwell.gif

what happened to love?

just because a person is 6'4 makes 150k a year doesnt mean theyre going to love you and treat you with respect

That is why some dudes have a prerequisite for dating black women. "If they weren't raised by a mother AND a father, I won't deal with them." And that makes sense to me. YES you might miss out on someone qualified that was raised by only a mother, but we miss out on good folks all of the time for various preferences we have.

What dudes are saying this??? Must be some non blacks or some Nick Cannon type black dudes
laugh.gif
. I guess its a first for everything

She likes being single and couldn't put her ego in check enough to ask that other dude for his number. She's beautiful, but stank....good luck to whatever dude who dates her.
This is alot of chicks and it has nothing to do with ego thats how chicks are raised not to ask for our number even if they like us.

MANY women think all they have to bring to the table is SEX. They think they don't have to cook, clean, or any other things that we TRADITIONALLY think women should do. And some of them don't even WANT to learn. "I ain't cookin for no &@&*! he can get his mother to cook."

I agree and this isn't just successful chicks but some of that has to be put on some of us guys for being so dang thirsty.

Damn after watching that vid I'd suggest they find some black dudes around the Cape Of Good Hope or some shhh.

The #s for where most black men are statistically is just depressing. Couple that with what Steve said about his generation not being around to raise thegeneration of black men yall truly got slim pickings.

I'm probably more for interracial relationships than before.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

What dudes are saying this??? Must be some non blacks or some Nick Cannon type black dudes
laugh.gif
. I guess its a first for everything

A lot of people say this. If you haven't noticed a difference between women who are raised around both parents and women who aren't t henyou need to date more/interact with more women.

Yes, sweeping generalization but for this most part it's applicable. The girls I've talked to who were kept in check by a farther or fatherly figureare far more tame and controllable than the girls raised by their moms alone. You have your outliers in any population sample, but my assertion is true for themost part.

The father effect is more noticeable in guys though. "Only men can raise men". Go to the local pen and take stats on the guys in their who come fromsingle vs. double parent homes. This isn't even debatable.

Successful black dudes think they're too good for black women and successful black women think they're too good for black dudes.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Interesting take on it. Never would've seen it as the successful black women holding themselves back somewhat...Most of the one's i've seen simply aren't attractive (this includes face). well, at least at my school at Temple. Then again i dunno many to begin with
grin.gif

Although to be fair Im not helping black women out, I'm haitian and my girl is irish/portugese, and im hella happy with her so i can care less
tongue.gif

you go to Temple too?
nerd.gif
I'm president of one of the "cultural" student orgs on campus and it's funny how many of the girls within theorganization approach me and try to lock me down. always "joking" about marrying them etc....now I see why.

So da real question is why aren't successful black women attracted to successful

Black men & vice versa?

Even though I literally hate that you use "da" you right on this one.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Successful black dudes think they're too good for black women and successful black women think they're too good for black dudes.

I don't know about that, but most successful guys want more of a housewife type, because if she working crazy hours like you it probably won't work.

negative successful black men are usually with women that are either A.broke/grinding B.college GF C. women who are very supportive/nurturers D. or just allout fine/dimes some are successful some not

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

So da real question is why aren't successful black women men attracted to successful

Black men women & vice versa?

fixed...

cuz I ain't met NARE chick say "what is wrong with that successful black man!?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Don't nobody love black men more than a black woman--whetheror not it is in her/our best interest. Look at these dam songs we got about praising and trying to uplift black men.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

So da real question is why aren't successful black women men attracted to successful

Black men women & vice versa?

fixed...

cuz I ain't met NARE chick say "what is wrong with that successful black man!?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Don't nobody love black men more than a black woman--whether or not it is in her/our best interest. Look at these dam songs we got about praising and trying to uplift black men.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

negative successful black men are usually with women that are either A.broke/grinding B.college GF C. women who are very supportive/nurturers D. or just all out fine/dimes some are successful some not
What's your personal definition of a successful black man?

As a black man who dates college and working black women ages 18-26 i can tell that these women are never going to get married
i always laugh when i see chicks claiming that this dude is they hubby and dudes saying thats wifey. I for one know that i will be able to get
married without a problem. we should all have standards
my standards are for women in general not just a black woman so there-for my options are bigger and wider and the amount of women i have to choose from are all across the globe. Black women are gonna be singles ladies for another decade with their high standards for American Black Men
laugh.gif
they need to stop kidding themselves and get to traveling
Are you a successful black man? I must ask this before I start.

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom