Why are there ads on NikeTalk? The answer is inside.

thanks for the headsup on the change.

we'll look into it.

although...it may be a different version of ad that ezboard wants to text...as mentioned in Meths' original post.

Quote:
For the next few weeks, we'll be testing different types of ads in various locations throughout NikeTalk. These will all be text ads running on Google AdSense. I'm sure you've all seen these types of ads before.

[table]T E A M N E R D [/table]​

yeah ugly ugly ad

we are all witnesses......to a conspiracy
GO LAKERS! GO NETS!
TEAM CHENI
[/b][/url]​

why not let nike put a big ad on top of page, i bet u could get some serious money for that
Im Retarted if that matters...

I don't mind ads if it's good for NT, but these verticle ads suck.

Horizontal > Vertical
TRUE LIFE : I'M A FORMER E-ROID ADDICT.
This is the diet coke version of FERRARI F 5O.

Quote:
Why the vertical style ads??? It takes up half the page.

You guys stopped clicking on the other ads. Our click through rate fell pretty dramatically after the first few days. Now that we have about a week's worth of data for the 728x90 units, we're testing out these 300x250 units.

It's certainly not my preference to run 300x250 units - or ANY ad type you guys don't like. The problem is, if we don't receive enough participation we won't be able to fund the site and we certainly won't be cutting significant checks to charities.

By testing different ad formats, we're looking to find the right balance between the types of ads you LIKE (relatively speaking, of course) and the types of ads you'll actually NOTICE and click through. Just having an ad on your screen doesn't generate any real money. We get maybe 1 x 10^ -8 cents. Clicking is the only way to make any real money with google ads. So, we need to encourage participation.

In the coming weeks, you may see an ad appear after, say, the fifth reply on a page or you may see an ad on the add reply page. Just because we TRY an ad doesn't mean we intend to utilize it on a permanent basis - only that we're evaluating the benefit of including that ad type weighed against the cost to the user experience - which our whole staff holds in the absolute highest regard.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on this. Please understand that the only reason we're testing ad types you may not like is to figure out how to get the most out of our advertising so that, by finding the most effective style, we're able to use the least NUMBER of ads in the future. Rather than putting ads in every corner of the site, we're looking for the one or two ad types that our users best respond to.

Thanks for the clarification Meth.

I clicked on some of the adds BTW. I hope it helped. :pimp:
pimp.gif

[/b]​

you guys should try putting the ads on the side of the entire forum...

somthing like this...

edit or put it on the left hand side .. so that when people are looking @ usernames people can ALWAYS see the ads because sometimes the board gets stretched due to big images ... like mine lol.

edit: again
here is a picture example...

IM ON MY NEW YORK ISSHHH!!!!
www.nyKONEXION.net
MYSPACE - HOLLA @ ME

Yeah umm.. I just wanted to come in and voice my opinion on these new ads..............

THEY SUCK!

Damn, $teve got owned. Any one from I$$ winning an arguement with Meth? Ripley's wouldn't even believe that @#%$ :lol:
laugh.gif

Dre is that dude, if that matters.

Dots![/b]
Dots!​

the only time i see the ads is when im on my sidekick or my psp and even then its only on the homepage

as long as the ads help niketalk to continue to grow im all for it
aim: futura x supreme email: [email protected]

yeah i undersatnd that we're trying new stuff.

but imo this style isn't helping us click on it more, its just bothersome and annoying. I agree that we shoudl try the side ones.
"The only way to stop Steve Nash is to hope he goes home today and doesn't find a way to come to the game tomorrow." - Jalen Rose
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=18967853<-- FINALLY, FREE IPOD NANO FOR CANADA!

Quote:
these new ads are bothersome...the horizontal bar was a lot better....

i agree....

and if clicking on the ads helps, then should we wait for the ad style we like and then click on those ads? cause right now i don't like this style, and i don't want to click in the links if that makes you think i like the style.

Quote:
why not let nike put a big ad on top of page, i bet u could get some serious money for that

i believe we're already doing that but we're still waiting for the check from nike.... actually, all we want is for nike to listen to our suggestions in the jb and other shoe forums.

edit: i had another idea..... what if people paid like $20 a year to get these fancy options (free picture hosting, @niketalk.com email, unlimited posting), and then we could keep NT ad free? how much money do we need to run this operation per year? i apologize if this was already answered earlier.

[/i]​
[/i]​

I too don't like the vertical ads. They are easier to notice, but there are less ads, so less options to click. But I do get how you guys have to try different things with the ads. Thanks for all the explanations everyone, can't wait for the move. Forget about I$$, they're lame.
Philippines[/b]
mber No. 999[/b]​

Back
Top Bottom