Why did I not know about the Black Wall Street massacre until two days ago?

The only AA hist taught to me was Civil rights ish. And the only reason thats halfway taught is because its "American"

I didnt learn ish about African History, unless we talikin bout apartheid

I learn an Ok amount about asian history in Global Studies, but you're right they never go deep and its told from an American POV so it may be skewed 
In my High School we had World history classes which was their way of saying European History class.

I took an AP History in High School and did not learn about this at all.

I don't remember correctly but we always skipped some chapters in books so we didn't even learn everything in the book, but I doubt stuff like this is considered "important" to educators
Its a shame events of history like this are not focused on even a tad bit

Since the country is becoming more colored hopefully kids of the future will be taught history about people of color in the US
not the one day lessons on MLK or Harriet Tubman that we have today

I get so heated when I think about how ****** up this country has treated us
And just expects us to "get over it"

Now that you know you share it with the bothers and sisters. A brother that's deep into his books is someone who's going to either acquire wealth himself or his famiy/ future generations which leaves some folks scared

Last edited:
Thank God for my forward thinking father.

He put me on game to this and alot of other injustices that affect(ed) black people.
He was always sharing news with me and challenging me to study my past beyond the classroom.
He got me involved with the NAACP from Jr. High to College.
I always thought alot of this stuff was commonly known, but as I got older, I realized that gaunlet he put
me through was for my mental refinement and understanding.

:pimp: Bout to go call dude...

Last edited:
Because most people no matter what race or "education level" don't know what isn't spoon fed to them.

Last edited:
I get so heated when I think about how ****** up this country has treated us

And just expects us to "get over it"

"Pull your pants up and get a job. There's a black president"

|I

Educate yourselves and your children. I sit with mine and we watch videos and I read things about her history to her every day. She will not grow up lost like these kids out here now.

Yea, Tulsa, OK Greenwood area. There also was one in Raleigh and other areas. But Greenwood was the ultimate flourishing. Had their own bus system and everything, they the hate came and destroyed it and stole boats and other items. Tried to rebuild but integration got the best of the neighborhood, and now, we have 0.000000005 ownership of land and businesses.

Why do they hate us so much man? :smh:

It's crazy what they did to us. Peoples fathers and grandfathers were committing the same crimes ISIS is committing on us.

Why do they hate us so much man?
mean.gif

It's crazy what they did to us. Peoples fathers and grandfathers were committing the same crimes ISIS is committing on us.
Exactly why I lowkey chuckle when they seem so appalled by the **** ISIS is doing .....

"Pull your pants up and get a job. There's a black president"

... and stop complaining and making excuses. You weren't alive when this happened, so it didn't affect you.

Never knew it was 600 businesses. Wow!

Last edited:
If you're not a fan of reading OP....

photo-main.jpg

If you do read...

the-autobiography-of-malcolm-x.jpg

home_book_cvr.jpg

Watch Hidden Colors 1-3, read The New Jim Crow and Autobio of Malcolm X. You'll be pretty wavy on black american history after that.

No one is ever going to tell you this information, most everyone doesn't know it, and those in power to do anything don't care to.

Remember to balance it with actual exposure to whites, otherwise the more knowledge you obtain will make you a lowkey racist. Happened to me for awhile.

It's okay to hate conservatives and republicans though. Not all whites want to see you hanging from a noose though.

All of it is extremely ****** up.

Last edited:
My dad showed me a speech on Jim Crow, had my view of whites all bad for a while.
Anyways the speech was to other whites about how to keep black enslaved for the longest time possible! By putting the man in the field, the woman higher in power in the house, treat the light skin better than the dark skin, cause as much resentment, beat the father in front of his sons, basically destroy the family unit make them hate each other.

And hide their history from them completely, if they ever learn where they are from it could be detrimental to enslavement.

He also said something about our scientists have proven methods! Like whites been at it a long time or something crazy stuff that Jim Crow ...

My dad showed me a speech on Jim Crow, had my view of whites all bad for a while.
Anyways the speech was to other whites about how to keep black enslaved for the longest time possible! By putting the man in the field, the woman higher in power in the house, treat the light skin better than the dark skin, cause as much resentment, beat the father in front of his sons, basically destroy the family unit make them hate each other.

And hide their history from them completely
, if they ever learn where they are from it could be detrimental to enslavement.

He also said something about our scientists have proven methods! Like whites been at it a long time or something crazy stuff that Jim Crow ...
This sounds very familiar 
frown.gif
... like its still happening today ... oh wait 
mean.gif

And hide their history from them completely
, if they ever learn where they are from it could be detrimental to enslavement.

This sounds very familiar 
frown.gif
... like its still happening today ... oh wait 
mean.gif
Levels

I remember doing a report for African American history and finding out black owned businesses were worth hundreds of millions of dollars in todays money back in in the early 1900s. Searching google you would think it never happened.

Funny, my dad told me to look this up about 2 months ago.. So glad i did.. wish this would get to a broader range of black folks, wouldn't help race relations much but would at least prove that we can begin building a solid infrastructure, support each others' businesses and interests, and thrive..

My pops has been beating info like this in my head for as long as I remember. Truly amazing to learn more about what we have done outside of what they try to to limit us to learn. For the handful of us who know what's up, we need to always try to educate the next man of our own history. Love when threads pop up like this.

if anyone gets in the mood, "Negroes with Guns" by Robert F Williams is a good read. His book was one of the main inspirations for the Panthers ideology. Radio Free Dixie is a good book about the man, as well.

In short
Robert Williams shot it out with the KKK, was falsely accused of kidnapping, escaped to Russia, Cuba and China at the height of the Cold War, and eventually returned to the US to be cleared of all charges..

FWIW, the NRA granted his charter while the NAACP suspended him for a year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Williams

Back
Top Bottom