Why did I not know about the Black Wall Street massacre until two days ago?

Most of us went to a Public School. What are ya'll expecting? You expect them to teach you how oppressive they've been? Of course not, they're going to teach you how "liberating" they've been, how "humanitarian" they've been.

I seen the first hidden colors and it opened my eyes to so much! Doesn't even feel like black history month. It's crazy we got the shortest month of the whole year. I never thought about isis the way someone referred to it a few posts ago.

I seen the first hidden colors and it opened my eyes to so much! Doesn't even feel like black history month. It's crazy we got the shortest month of the whole year. I never thought about isis the way someone referred to it a few posts ago.
Always find it funny is that I unfortunately know more about white history than the average white person knows about black history.

Last edited:
Always find it funny is that I unfortunately know more about white history than the average white person knows about black history.
i know it's crazy. I can only imagine what white parents say to their kids about black people.

Why do people bring up a particular event purposely to perpetuate a meaningless point in the past?  A variety of minorities ride the bus together daily.

Why do people bring up a particular event purposely to perpetuate a meaningless point in the past?  A variety of minorities ride the bus together daily.
If those events are meaningless.

Pearl Harbor= Meaningless

9/11= Meaningless

Why do they hate us so much man?
mean.gif
Question that I struggle with on a daily basis.
mean.gif

Thread has inspired me to take a course on black history next semester.
To keep it G.... They don't really teach that much either. I was kind of surprised.

Took Black American Culture and Black History... Didn't learn anything new. It was like slightly expanded public school info.

I don't go to an HBCU though so the curriculum is most likely built around removing as much potential white guilt as possible.

Was pretty disappointing. Just skipped the classes excluding test days when I seen how watered down it was.

And yes, you should know by now to have NT'ers such as Brave and TreySongz (I think its like TrEySoNgZ on some myspace ish.. made the potentially fake gofundme) on your blocklist.

Last edited:
Yo I could swear that dude was normal at first, then he just went off the rails. He on meds?
****** around here do anything for laughs and attention. 

He posted some ******ed ****...and noticed he got more attention for it than he would from a normal post and decided to make it his "thing". 

It's not meaningless in the way you wish to see it.  Rather, it is meaningless if you continue to isolate these events to substantiate a particular point.  No one is saying Pearl Harbor or Nanjing Massacre to be meaningless.  But it would be good if we didn't use it to perpetuate a particular sentiment.  No need to fuell a particular and obvious sentiment.

Last edited:
I get so heated when I think about how ****** up this country has treated us
And just expects us to "get over it"

What I find funny is that some believe its completely impossibly that this very same country could conspire anything against any of its own residence.

Shout out to my black history professor who put me on when I was in college. Sadly a lot of us don't know our true history. That's why we're in the position we're in today.  I do my best to share the knowledge but sometimes they fall on def ears
mean.gif

Good point bought up by yall on Carver. Ask people about Carver and he's that peanut butter guy 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. Alot of people just ignorant to the world around them these days

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom