Why did they go to such great lengths to try and destroy the black man?

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

So answer this question for me, since y'all some racism experts n @$%%...

What came first, racism or slavery?

Think about it.
Racism, you can't have slavery without racism.
Which is completely wrong . Whites were slaves also .
Are you talking about indentured slaves? They were set free and given full citizenship in the colonies after completing their contracts. I don't know any other cases of white slavery
frown.gif
Nah . Some blacks were slaves / indentured servants as well as some whites were slaves / indentured slaves .

It had nothing to do with race back then , it was all based on class .

That is until Bacon's Rebellion ...

That changed everything .

Slavery came first , then racism . (Between Blacks &nd Whites that is ...)

QFT. except about the Bacon's Rebellion part because i just dont know that much about it

but yea slavery definitely came first, racism was the justification for why slavery was ok

Originally Posted by demcovici

Think about it.
Are you talking about indentured slaves? They were set free and given full citizenship in the colonies after completing their contracts. I don't know any other cases of white slavery
frown.gif
What about slaves from biblical times and during the Greco-Roman era? Surely they were white and enslaved.

Slavery came first.

Then racism was applied to slavery to make it seem somewhat reasonable, like dude said above.

Black History is more important than White History IMO...
That $%$% is racist, son. Not just my opinion, by definition.

Each individuals history is only as important as the future that it effected.

I guess.

I just feel that Black History has contributed more to modern times than White History.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Think about it.
frown.gif
Nah . Some blacks were slaves / indentured servants as well as some whites were slaves / indentured slaves .

QFT. except about the Bacon's Rebellion part because i just dont know that much about it

but yea slavery definitely came first, racism was the justification for why slavery was ok

Bacon's rebellion was when...crap....forgot....refresh please?

Its deep.

I AM KNOWLEDGE hit most of the points right on thehead though.

"Its a war going on outside no man is safe from....."

There is really a war for our minds and souls being waged daily...people need to wake up.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I AM KNOWLEDGE- I'm glad your graduating from UofL. In graduated from there in '02. How does that change anything? Do we ride horses and go to the bathroom in an outhouse? How would me being in Louisville change what I've been thru or seen with my own eyes? I never once said life was sweet. It's sure not a stroll in the park for me bacause I'm white.

And the "white privilege" stuff you pasted is on some chain e-mail BS propaganda. But, I'm sure I'm just saying that because I'm white. So, don't worry about breaking it down for me.
That is something a Mental ****** would say. You ask to be schooled and then just dismiss the information provided as just a simple chain letter. If SNOPES tells you that the material is valid will you consider it? There is nothing BS about the information I provided. If you bothered to read you wouldsee the first one I posted was an article by Peggy McIntosh who is only an academician who holds a PHD and has been very instrumental in Woman Studies, andbringing the concept of white privilege to the fore front.

You are a practitioner of selective perception. I provide credible information, and you choose to focus only on the other email source provided.

No wonder you can't acknowledge that White Privilege exist.

You don't want the information broken down because then you will have to acknowledge that you are part of the problem!

But it's cool, you don't want to read scholarly information because you are white, and I'm just mad because I'm Black.

And by the way, you want to talk about racism you experience by going to a club? How about you compare that to being a qualified candidate for a job and notbeing able to get one. Being Black in America is equivalent to having a felony when one looks for a job. But I guess I'm making that up to.
But, I do know there was a "getting hooked up because your black" post a few months ago.
laugh.gif

That post was filled with superficial things.

Person A: I got hooked up with a Big Mac and a discount off a fitted hat.
Person B: Well I cheated thousands of people out of millions of dollars, and only got a few years.

Take a guess of which person A and B is.

And Cadillac, I don't think you are a bad person. I agree with some of what you said. You sarcastically said that you probably said what you said earlierbecause you are White. That's not the case, but you are ignorant.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

We all have moral responsibility and civic duty, it's just unfortunate that many people choose to ignore that.

QFT.

Well, if I've indirectly gotten something because I'm white....I wouldn't know it obviously.

Like I've said about the question of the OP. Black history NEEDS MUST be integrated into AMERICANHISTORY. And be put on a level field with everything else. It would suck to be in school and only have a month to learn about black history, and let's behonest basically MLK.

But, I do know there was a "getting hooked up because your black" post a few months ago.
laugh.gif

And Cadillac, I don't think you are a bad person. I agree with some of what you said. You sarcastically said that you probably said what you said earlier because you are White. That's not the case, but you are ignorant.
roll.gif
OK. I'm done with this thread. Ya'll have fun.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

And Cadillac, I don't think you are a bad person. I agree with some of what you said. You sarcastically said that you probably said what you said earlier because you are White. That's not the case, but you are ignorant.
roll.gif
OK. I'm done with this thread. Ya'll have fun.
laugh.gif
Well, if I've indirectly gotten something because I'm white....I wouldn't know it obviously.
That's not the case, but you are ignorant.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]ig⋅no⋅rant[/h2]   /ˈɪg
thinsp.png
nər
thinsp.png
ənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ig-ner-uh
thinsp.png
nt] Show IPA Pronunciation
-adjective [table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]uninformed; unaware.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.[/td] [/tr][/table]
You see what I did there?� You have said some real ignorant #@@! man.� I don't find it a laughing matter.

That's the problem, people say they want an answer, or want to learn, and then when you present them with some info they choose to reject it.� This onlyleads to one conclusion, they never wanted the answer from the beginning.� Maybe if you get a chance you can read that chain email written by a personwho's earned a PHD.� You may learn a little bit.

I've got no ill will against you though.� People do what works for them.�

Black people complain so much... the white man made my people not exist anymore... at least your people are still around...

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Black people complain so much... the white man made my people not exist anymore... at least your people are still around...
Native American?

Yea, I empathize with them a lot.

Originally Posted by Face82

I was so pissed man. They will never let you just enjoy your moment. They always have to throw some dirt on top. If I was an articulate brother....I could prolly get a lil deeper and word it a lil better for the readers. Other than that..you get what I'm sayin. You copy?
Get an education then

Think about it.
frown.gif

Bacon's Rebellion was basically when Nathan Bacon gathered a lot of black/white indentured servants/slaves up to rebel .

Lots of colonists/slave owners were killed &nd they started hating the Africans because of it , because they looked different .

They took out the indentured servant part , put the whites on a pedestal , made them believe they were better than the Africans .

The White(slaves) then began to prosper , got their little land , and make Africans their slaves .

IF that makes sense ...

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

WHAT...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What are your people extinct or something, because that's what you're making it seem like...

laugh.gif

im black.

all i can say is that...blacks just got 1 uped back in...whenever the europeans touched down in africa.

i mean all this "civilization" and prosperity and the such that i hear from black historians...

why not a suitible weapon or 2? why no technological advances?

i mean cats had guns!!! almost every other race had mad defense incase you tried to ride on them.

human beings are violent by nature. i just wish the africans back then knew that.

cause the europeans came over and straight rode on them.

but there always has to be a loser.

but now in 09...no one is out to destroy the BLACK man...
everyone is out to destory ANYMAN who is doing something they wanna do or do by themselves.

Think about it.
frown.gif

Bacon's Rebellion was basically when Nathan Bacon gathered a lot of black/white indentured servants/slaves up to rebel .

Lots of colonists/slave owners were killed &nd they started hating the Africans because of it , because they looked different .

They took out the indentured servant part , put the whites on a pedestal , made them believe they were better than the Africans .

The White(slaves) then began to prosper , got their little land , and make Africans their slaves .

IF that makes sense ...
so this was the specific turnign point in slavery. there wasnt any other events that lead to the slavery we all remember

Originally Posted by BobbyBrownpacks

im black.

all i can say is that...blacks just got 1 uped back in...whenever the europeans touched down in africa.

i mean all this "civilization" and prosperity and the such that i hear from black historians...

i mean cats had guns!!! almost every other race had mad defense incase you tried to ride on them.

human beings are violent by nature. i just wish the africans back then knew that.

everyone is out to destory ANYMAN who is doing something they wanna do or do by themselves.
2ce5jxy.gif

Originally Posted by BobbyBrownpacks

im black.

There are so many way's I can shred this.

I will limit my response to this however, Eurocentrism

Look it up. Chances are, your perception of "history" has been warped by it...

ohwell.gif

I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that when one speaks of White Privilege, one isn't assuming that you are a racist, but that you indirectly benefit from the effects of systematic racism.

People always talk about how they were never the ones who owned slaves, and that their family integrated over and were able to be successful. So if they can do it, so can anyone else.

That's faulty thinking. Yes, the White Race comes from many different nationalities, but imagine how much easier it was for a White immigrant to assimilate into American Culture, than a Black Person. The Irish had it rough when they first came to the country, yet if they didn't open there mouth it wasn't always easy to identify them.

Hell, look how long it took for their to be an Irish President compared to how long it took for their to be a Black President. Oh, is that just because Black people never made a conscientious effort to be a part of the political process? Or are there some other underlying issues going on?

Look, these things have to be discussed if there will ever be healing.

We all have moral responsibility and civic duty, it's just unfortunate that many people choose to ignore that.
There will never be healing because ppl don't want to accept the past. Racism still exists because ppl don't want to accept the past andare in denial and ignorant. Americans write American history as if it was all peachy keen and slavery wasn't as bad as it sounded. The way the Europeansmanipulated the African towns to betray their own for guns and profit is sickening. America was built upon greed and selfishness.

The black man is trying to be destroyed because deep down, they know that we (black men) are strong and strong willed. I can't say the same for every blackman but that's the institutionalism of the whole situation. They have always tried to find ways to hinder the black man. We all know the reason why theydidn't want slaves to learn how to read and write. Even after slavery when it came time to finally allow blacks to vote, they played of blacks ignorance"How many bubbles are in this bar of soap?" or "How many balls are in this jar?" Like anyone could figure out that unless they put theballs in there and counted.

Ppl also lack morals. All races. Nobody ever wants to see the next man up, always wanna keep him down.

Fear is the great motivator and ppl fear the unknown. The thing is they will never be able to beat the black man down to a point where we have no impact inhistory or in society. U have so much ignorance and racism, but how many times have u really heard of a person speakin racial slurs to a black man to his faceand not recant like he was playin or blamin it on the liquor?

THEY FEAR THE BLACK MAN not just physically but also intellectually.

/rant

Back
Top Bottom