Why do idiots say an Airball is

Prime example of why you don't call people idiots unless you know what you're talking about. A simple google search could have found you that answer.

Prime example of why you don't call people idiots unless you know what you're talking about. A simple google search could have found you that answer.

Originally Posted by twozerosix

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Who remembers this thread? 
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-Basketball-Heads?page=1
roll.gif
roll.gif

Classic

And BN doesn't get why I call him a troll.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

C'mon man if your a professional athlete, your not supposed to airball free-throws.

C'mon man if your a professional athlete, your not supposed to airball free-throws.

Yeah as long as its clearly a shot and not a cheesy self-pass attempt, its not a travel.

But where was the box out if this dude could put up a shot and get it back himself, layup or not.
laugh.gif

Yeah as long as its clearly a shot and not a cheesy self-pass attempt, its not a travel.

But where was the box out if this dude could put up a shot and get it back himself, layup or not.
laugh.gif

I always thought it was a travel, then someone explained the legit shot b s.  I just let it go. but I always say 'you passed it to yourself' 'that's garbage' and play on.
What about jumping like you're shooting then dribbling on the way down (before you land)?  I've had it called both ways on me in city league.  One ref let it go another called a travel, said I was moving my pivot foot.

I always thought it was a travel, then someone explained the legit shot b s.  I just let it go. but I always say 'you passed it to yourself' 'that's garbage' and play on.
What about jumping like you're shooting then dribbling on the way down (before you land)?  I've had it called both ways on me in city league.  One ref let it go another called a travel, said I was moving my pivot foot.

If I airballed a damn layup and some how managed to get the "rebound" I'd just drop the ball and get back on D

If I airballed a damn layup and some how managed to get the "rebound" I'd just drop the ball and get back on D

It is true that in High School and College you can catch an airball, but seriously in street ball don't we all go off NBA rules?

It is true that in High School and College you can catch an airball, but seriously in street ball don't we all go off NBA rules?

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

in case u idiots dare to argue, i am a paid high school official, i have plenty of rule books at home.

straight out of the NCAA rule book:
A.R. 110. A1 attempts a try at Team A’s basket after having completed the dribble. The try does not touch the backboard, the ring or the flange or any other player. A1 runs and catches the ball before it strikes the playing court. Is this traveling? RULING: No. When A1 recovered his or her own try, A1 could either dribble, pass or try again. There is no team control by either team when a try is in flight. However, when the shot clock expires and a try by A1 or a teammate has not struck the ring or the flange, it shall be a violation of the shot-clock rule. (Rule 4-68.1, 4-15.4.c and 9-11.2)
straight out of the NFHS rule book:
4.44 SITUATION B: A1 attempts a try after ending the dribble.The try does not touch the backboard, the rim or any other player. A1 runsand is able to catch the ball before it strikes thefloor. Is this traveling? RULING: No. When A1 recovered his/her owntry, A1 could either dribble, pass or try again. There was no team controlafter the ball was releasedon a try. (4-12; 4-41).
so unless u clearly state you are playing by NBA rules, you sir are the idiot
indifferent.gif

/thread

30t6p3b.gif
I dunno how many years I tried telling NT/rec hoopers this.

THANK YOU. As a former ref, and avid hooper, THANK YOU.

For those who didn't catch it in every American organized league I've ever heard of besides NBA, You CAN catch your own airball as long as it was a valid shot attempt.

Back
Top Bottom