Why do laker fans hate the heat now?

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just be real man. A lot of teams get hate because they are successful. I know it is a lot of you on here so pardon me, nobody HATES GSW because they are never good. Nobody HATES Memphis because they have never been good.

Teams that are successful are hated. Lakers, Celtics, Duke, Yankees. Those teams are hated because they are good and people, "Want to see someone else win."

So the Lakers are hated because they are good.
Kobe is hated because he is great and he KNOWS and SHOWS he is great. Even though MANY other great players in history have done the same. Prince of Air, Iverson, Deion and all of those other people you all have wet dreams about. But for some reason when Kobe does it he gets hated for it. That is a joke to me. If you hate Kobe for his "arrogance" then hate Jordan for the same reason. And don't tell me Jordan wasn't arrogant.

All I am saying is be fair with your fandom and be real with yourself as to why you hate a certain team/player.

I just enjoy the sport man. No time to get sucked into the extra stuff. It is all extra wasted emotion man. Just enjoy, watch, and analyze. So what if you don't "like" someone. This isn't damn kindergarden.

Don't usually say this but...........
/thread
any team laker shouldn't end any type of thread that deals with hating on kobe.
that means you.

anyways,

lol@ ppl hating kobe cuz he  is so great... i didn't realize how bad kobe was watchin the playoffs...dude looked like a 2nd option player...that's a fact

well all i know is that ppl don't hate mj cuz he's great. ppl respect mj cuz he's so great.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Just be real man. A lot of teams get hate because they are successful. I know it is a lot of you on here so pardon me, nobody HATES GSW because they are never good. Nobody HATES Memphis because they have never been good.

Teams that are successful are hated. Lakers, Celtics, Duke, Yankees. Those teams are hated because they are good and people, "Want to see someone else win."

So the Lakers are hated because they are good.
Kobe is hated because he is great and he KNOWS and SHOWS he is great. Even though MANY other great players in history have done the same. Prince of Air, Iverson, Deion and all of those other people you all have wet dreams about. But for some reason when Kobe does it he gets hated for it. That is a joke to me. If you hate Kobe for his "arrogance" then hate Jordan for the same reason. And don't tell me Jordan wasn't arrogant.

All I am saying is be fair with your fandom and be real with yourself as to why you hate a certain team/player.

I just enjoy the sport man. No time to get sucked into the extra stuff. It is all extra wasted emotion man. Just enjoy, watch, and analyze. So what if you don't "like" someone. This isn't damn kindergarden.

Don't usually say this but...........
/thread
any team laker shouldn't end any type of thread that deals with hating on kobe.
that means you.

anyways,

lol@ ppl hating kobe cuz he  is so great... i didn't realize how bad kobe was watchin the playoffs...dude looked like a 2nd option player...that's a fact

well all i know is that ppl don't hate mj cuz he's great. ppl respect mj cuz he's so great.

Because where every big time players go a bunch of knobs like dude above me ^ follow...

Lakers fans are just as bad though, and thats because of Kobe. Along with the team being stacked for the past decade so they can say whatever they want while their team still wins. The only reasonable Laker fan ive seen is that ceballos dude

Because where every big time players go a bunch of knobs like dude above me ^ follow...

Lakers fans are just as bad though, and thats because of Kobe. Along with the team being stacked for the past decade so they can say whatever they want while their team still wins. The only reasonable Laker fan ive seen is that ceballos dude

If you hate Kobe for his "arrogance" then hate Jordan for the same reason. And don't tell me Jordan wasn't arrogant.
I guess you "could" call MJ arrogant, but that's a bit of a stretch to me. I think a more accurate way to put it would be would be "EXTREMELY competitive". Like when Clyde Drexler said the only difference between him and MJ was that MJ just shoots the ball more. When they asked MJ what he thought about what Clyde said, MJ said "Watch the game. You'll see the difference". MJ went out there and torched Drexler.
Anytime anybody would slight MJ, he would go out there and make it a point to embarrass them on the court. Sure, he would talk trash on the court and say things infront of the crowd and cameras like "he can't guard me", but whether you liked it or not, it was undeniably true.

This is different from Kobe's "arrogance  ", (which I personally wouldn't use that word for Kobe. When you're that good, it's not really arrogant to believe it) is that Kobe makes statements that are blatantly untrue or he has nothing whatsoever to back it up. He outright says he's better than other players with better stats, better skills, greater accomplishments and players who routinely outperform him when they're matched up together in games. I still wouldn't even call this arrogant. It's just his media savvy at work. Kobe is one of the best media aware athletes of all time.

MJ wasn't "arrogant". He understood very well that what made him the best was that he worked harder than anybody else and wanted it more. He never thought he was just naturally better or smarter, more physically gifted or more talented. He always said nothing ever came easy. He was the hardest working man in the NBA with an unequalled competitive drive.

If you hate Kobe for his "arrogance" then hate Jordan for the same reason. And don't tell me Jordan wasn't arrogant.
I guess you "could" call MJ arrogant, but that's a bit of a stretch to me. I think a more accurate way to put it would be would be "EXTREMELY competitive". Like when Clyde Drexler said the only difference between him and MJ was that MJ just shoots the ball more. When they asked MJ what he thought about what Clyde said, MJ said "Watch the game. You'll see the difference". MJ went out there and torched Drexler.
Anytime anybody would slight MJ, he would go out there and make it a point to embarrass them on the court. Sure, he would talk trash on the court and say things infront of the crowd and cameras like "he can't guard me", but whether you liked it or not, it was undeniably true.

This is different from Kobe's "arrogance  ", (which I personally wouldn't use that word for Kobe. When you're that good, it's not really arrogant to believe it) is that Kobe makes statements that are blatantly untrue or he has nothing whatsoever to back it up. He outright says he's better than other players with better stats, better skills, greater accomplishments and players who routinely outperform him when they're matched up together in games. I still wouldn't even call this arrogant. It's just his media savvy at work. Kobe is one of the best media aware athletes of all time.

MJ wasn't "arrogant". He understood very well that what made him the best was that he worked harder than anybody else and wanted it more. He never thought he was just naturally better or smarter, more physically gifted or more talented. He always said nothing ever came easy. He was the hardest working man in the NBA with an unequalled competitive drive.

OP must not have noticed but EVERYONE hates the Heat.

There was just so much bad karma surrounding how that team came together.

Also there's the fact that they have some of the worst fans in the world. Fairweather fans like that don't deserve all that talent.

I hate them because of that and because of my pre-existing Lebron hatred.

I have always hated Lebron because of his arrogance. His stans praise him despite being more arrogant than Kobe has ever been.

"The Decision" finally opened a lot more people's eyes to Lebron's bufoonery.

OP must not have noticed but EVERYONE hates the Heat.

There was just so much bad karma surrounding how that team came together.

Also there's the fact that they have some of the worst fans in the world. Fairweather fans like that don't deserve all that talent.

I hate them because of that and because of my pre-existing Lebron hatred.

I have always hated Lebron because of his arrogance. His stans praise him despite being more arrogant than Kobe has ever been.

"The Decision" finally opened a lot more people's eyes to Lebron's bufoonery.

I gotta cosign the threadstarter. To confirm his point, if you got to the most kobe stansish website on the net (lakersground) and find threads from around 2006-2008, the Kobe stans actually liked lebron and hated Wade. This was because Wade had won a title and was viewed as a threat to Kobe. They also hated T-Mac, Vince and Iverson. lebron didn't become hated by Kobe stans until his first MVP.

I gotta cosign the threadstarter. To confirm his point, if you got to the most kobe stansish website on the net (lakersground) and find threads from around 2006-2008, the Kobe stans actually liked lebron and hated Wade. This was because Wade had won a title and was viewed as a threat to Kobe. They also hated T-Mac, Vince and Iverson. lebron didn't become hated by Kobe stans until his first MVP.

for the record, it's the Kobe stan that the heat more than actual hardcore lakers fans. On someother boards I've seen hardcore Lakers fans questioning the idea that some Laker fans (kobe stans) are rooting for Boston over Miami !!

for the record, it's the Kobe stan that the heat more than actual hardcore lakers fans. On someother boards I've seen hardcore Lakers fans questioning the idea that some Laker fans (kobe stans) are rooting for Boston over Miami !!

Back
Top Bottom