Why do people feel the need to refer to people with their ethnicity?

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I like to put people in categories: Latina, Asian, BBW, Amateurs, Milfs, Funny, Ebony, Celebrity, etc.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i don't think it has anything to do with being racist if that's what you're getting at OP, i think it's just being more descriptive when telling a story. when you paint a story with words you want others to be able to read it and get the exact picture you're trying to get across.

i don't think it has anything to do with being racist if that's what you're getting at OP, i think it's just being more descriptive when telling a story. when you paint a story with words you want others to be able to read it and get the exact picture you're trying to get across.

i've noticed this and have been trying to catch myself when i do it...of course i don't do it to be mean or racist but it is pointless so i try to catch myself...

i've noticed this and have been trying to catch myself when i do it...of course i don't do it to be mean or racist but it is pointless so i try to catch myself...

saying you saw a woman eating a candy bar is descriptive enough

ignorance is if you say she was 'black' just from looking at her because you do not know that unless she told you which makes calling people colors simpleminded

i.e., conditioning

saying you saw a woman eating a candy bar is descriptive enough

ignorance is if you say she was 'black' just from looking at her because you do not know that unless she told you which makes calling people colors simpleminded

i.e., conditioning

Does it also bother you when people say "I saw a short guy eating a candy bar"? It's basically the same thing.

Does it also bother you when people say "I saw a short guy eating a candy bar"? It's basically the same thing.

I do it all the time without even noticing. At the same time though, I think the only way racism will be completly demolished is if we DO stop labeling people by color or race even if its not meant offensivly.

What we are doing when we say " There was this white guy.." or " I saw this black chick..." is seperating people by race and keeping racism slightly alive even if we are not technically contributing to it.

I do it all the time without even noticing. At the same time though, I think the only way racism will be completly demolished is if we DO stop labeling people by color or race even if its not meant offensivly.

What we are doing when we say " There was this white guy.." or " I saw this black chick..." is seperating people by race and keeping racism slightly alive even if we are not technically contributing to it.

Back
Top Bottom