Why do people feel the need to refer to people with their ethnicity?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

b491514661f7b3858e4393c88d62969cdef2cb5.gif
a4135a344dde6011fd96bf8380d5da6db415c81.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I do that at times, especially when stereotypes are involved with the incident.
same.
plus if you dont describe the ethnicity, 9 times outta 10 they assume the person your talking bout is white
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I do that at times, especially when stereotypes are involved with the incident.
same.
plus if you dont describe the ethnicity, 9 times outta 10 they assume the person your talking bout is white
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I just hope I don't encounter someone saying, "So I saw this colored eating a candy bar...".

Lol, I know huh but with Tyler Perry's newest flick it might have cetain folks thinking it's cool
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I just hope I don't encounter someone saying, "So I saw this colored eating a candy bar...".

Lol, I know huh but with Tyler Perry's newest flick it might have cetain folks thinking it's cool
30t6p3b.gif

if you do it consistently regardless of race, then i guess there is no problem with it.

however, too often i notice people will say "i saw this black guy doing something" but i never hear them say "i saw this white guy doing something"....

if you're going to the trouble to point out that someone is black when it has no bearing on the story, why aren't you doing the same when talking about a (presumably) white person?

if you do it consistently regardless of race, then i guess there is no problem with it.

however, too often i notice people will say "i saw this black guy doing something" but i never hear them say "i saw this white guy doing something"....

if you're going to the trouble to point out that someone is black when it has no bearing on the story, why aren't you doing the same when talking about a (presumably) white person?

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

qft. i thought i was the only who notices this.

lol@ dirty's pic

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

qft. i thought i was the only who notices this.

lol@ dirty's pic

cause everyone is racist. when describing a person, first thing they look at is color. nothing else. and what you say is BS, where white people call out black people, to tell as story. Blacks do the same when they mention a white person. dont make it sound like whites are the only ones that see color. blacks are just as bad for that matter

cause everyone is racist. when describing a person, first thing they look at is color. nothing else. and what you say is BS, where white people call out black people, to tell as story. Blacks do the same when they mention a white person. dont make it sound like whites are the only ones that see color. blacks are just as bad for that matter

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I like to put people in categories: Latina, Asian, BBW, Amateurs, Milfs, Funny, Ebony, Celebrity, etc.

laugh.gif

But it makes me cringe when I hear people say black, asian and so fourth to describe a person.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I like to put people in categories: Latina, Asian, BBW, Amateurs, Milfs, Funny, Ebony, Celebrity, etc.

laugh.gif

But it makes me cringe when I hear people say black, asian and so fourth to describe a person.

Back
Top Bottom