why do spizikes cost just as much as the air jordan xx3 if this shoe supposed to be so advance?

Originally Posted by djness23

notice how something og always starts off in good material, then once they retro they degrade, i guess that is the purpose of ogs being best
but you do have to consider that the og's were made to play basketball in. now that retros are a fashion statement for casual use (even more thanbefore), the brand doesnt have to care about performance or quality. what makes me really mad now is how they are retroing and making low quality versions ofthe NEWER shoes i.e. 2/21 cdp, 6/17 cdp etc that are still meant to be played in by many people's standards

but in answer to the question it's simply the hype machine. it's simple, you put the price at a point where supply and demand will reach equilibrium soyou don't lose sales and make as much money as possible. and im pretty certain that spizshiz are as cheap to make as the poor quality retros due to thefact that they are, as stated before, a shoe made of recycled parts

Spizikes costing nearly the same as XX3 FTL

There's tons of technology and research in the XX3s while there's nothing noteworthy in the Spizikes. That's why I haven't bought a pair ofSpizikes yet. Yes the design is nice but I'm not paying $175 for a product that has no innovation behind it.

Originally Posted by Method Man

the spizikes are put to gether very well also use good quality material. as far as the xx3 the design and the way they put it together without any glue is advanced with low cost to make.

basically the spizikes use more quality material and cost more to make hence the price. just because the XX3 has better technology as far as support for a basketball shoe doesn't mean it takes alot of money to put together.
An excellent question and even better answer! Thanks Method Man for being on point!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

the spizikes are put to gether very well also use good quality material. as far as the xx3 the design and the way they put it together without any glue is advanced with low cost to make.

basically the spizikes use more quality material and cost more to make hence the price. just because the XX3 has better technology as far as support for a basketball shoe doesn't mean it takes alot of money to put together.
I agree with you bro...all these people who don't have any should not be talking. I own the cements and kingz county and can say the quality isgreat. Besides they combine all the standout traits of popular jordans. The Jordan IIIs sole is integral to the Jordan III, the Rubber tongue is a key featureof the VIs, and the lace locks and and Jordan V ankle brace is outstanding. I think they are expensive becuase they combine all the things that make otherJordans great and they do it in style. I have alot of Js but have never received as many compliments from non Jordan heads as I do when I rock spizikes..thereis just something about em.

i dont know why this post still is going on when method answered the questions 5 posts down. kudos, nt staff.

that's ******ed that a non-signature shoe can be worth as much as a signature one. i myself have a pair of spizikes and the quality is superb compared tothe retro's that have been released lately. So what does that say about JB, the consumer, the collectors? are we being cheated taken advantage of. we spendall this money on these new retro's trying to keep up with our collection thinking that JB is giving us good quality, but instead we are getting bogusretro's and BS packs. Why buy 5 b grade retro's when you can get it all in one with the spizike!!! maybe JB was trying to save us some money with thisshoe, and we thought opposite, shame on us!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Originally Posted by tpham211

i dont know why this post still is going on when method answered the questions 5 posts down. kudos, nt staff.

Cuz it wasn't answered correctly.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

It's called business. That's why.

agreed. for me it's not about how "advanced" a shoe is technologically speaking. it's whether i like the shoe or not. could care lesswhat other people think of what i wear. way passed the "peer pressure" stage of my life. buy what you like/like what you buy. they're only shoes.like krazy88 said, it's a fricking business. it's about the bottom line....profit.

Originally Posted by bigpony123

that's ******ed that a non-signature shoe can be worth as much as a signature one. i myself have a pair of spizikes and the quality is superb compared to the retro's that have been released lately. So what does that say about JB, the consumer, the collectors? are we being cheated taken advantage of. we spend all this money on these new retro's trying to keep up with our collection thinking that JB is giving us good quality, but instead we are getting bogus retro's and BS packs. Why buy 5 b grade retro's when you can get it all in one with the spizike!!! maybe JB was trying to save us some money with this shoe, and we thought opposite, shame on us!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!
^^^^ Word. Thats a good answer.

well, they obviously figured they could get away with charging $175 for the spizike... and THEY HAVE!

my guess is because they combined all the MOST LOVED jordans into this shoe. in all honesty, the spizike should not have been priced over $150, but the higherthe cost of something, the more exclusive/prestigious it is perceived to be. and we all know that perception is reality.

also, they wanted it to be considered up there with all the upper echelon/newer jays (xx3, xx2, xx1, xx)

basically, it's marketing.

btw, i have pairs of spizikes (kings county, tb, and cement). i sold my black/red-greens.
i will be copping the cool greys at the end of the year and i will not only be done with spizikes, but with jordans, PERIOD.

that being said, i can't lie... there is something that i like about spizikes. i thoink its the point i brought up earlier about them taken all the mostdistint features from our favorite jordans and combining it into one shoe.

all others are
sick.gif
(dub-zeros, fusions, etc)

Back
Top Bottom