Why do we let Cellphone companies gouge us? If you pay more than 40 a month! COME IN

so what do you propose OP? Boycott the cell phone companies? Not gonna happen. It's the same thing as complaining about the price of Jordan's, as long as people are buying what they are selling why would they cut the price? Reminds me of the discussion about 225 for the Duncans that just released, people bought them so now Nike knows it's ok.

Originally Posted by upandcoming

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Do what I did and buy a Iphone off craigslist and flash it (if cdma) to crickett wireless..$45 a month fror everything. If your phone is ATT you have alot of choices to choose from..

No body to blame but ourselves. I was going to buy the 4s and renew my contract but I said screw it. VZW charge to much and Im going to flash my phone to Crickett or some other place and pay $40-$45 a month for service

Thats a good idea. You know when you see someone with crikett on their phone you look at em like 
indifferent.gif
OK so I work for a 3rd party company and do mainly stuff for at&t(basic customer service stuff over the phone) but the company I work for also has people in our building working with Sprint, Tmobile, Boost, and Cricket.  Cricket has to be one of the most %** backwards companies I have ever heard of.  I help take payments on days when their call volume is busy as hell and let me tell you, that company is a joke.  If your phone is off it is impossible to reach customer service, the automated system will redirect you to the payment center and we can't do *+$! for you other than tell you to go to a store or make a payment, this leads to people getting pissed and I would have to sit their and listen to their BS for 5 mins and continue to tell them that I can't help them.  You would then go to the store and they tell you to call customer service, so you call back and now you just came full circle.  I have been cussed out by store representatives even that have called in for customers, probably one of the worst ran companies you can think of, avoid it like the Plague.

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

2 words:  Carrier.  Subsidies.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that most of Europe also buys their phones outright.  If At&t and Verizon didn't have to subsidize everybody's phone for like $400...we'd probably have a little better rates as well.

I'd love that...I hate contracts.

ding ding ding!!! this is the correct answer here!

Back
Top Bottom