Why Do We Still Have Black History Month????

Originally Posted by az5950

8eh41t

[Warned for profanity] like this makes me just...smh
This cant be real............
mad.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

Personally I am against BHM in its current form.

School history curriculum should at least teach African Americans their west African heritage. Though I'm sure some of you may reject it as you might be ashamed of your roots because of all the negative stereotypes of the continent portrayed in the media. It should be remembered that your origin is forever.

Also, there is not one type of 'black' person in the world. That's like saying that Nigerians, Ethiopians and Sudanese all look the same. They are all different with their own cultures and customs.

Can you imagine how absurd it would be if there was a white history month? They'd not allow it. It would get segmented into Great Britain History, French History, Spanish History, Swedish History etc.
It should be equally absurd for there to be a black history month, we should not allow it. Have a Jamaica History month, Ghana History month, Nigeria History, Ivory Coast History, Kenya History etc.

We will return to greatness one day. We just need a leader. Then we can go 'home', erase the corrupt officials and use the revenue from our oil and/or minerals to invest in infrastructure. In time, build another U.S.A, after all we built the first one.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by az5950

8eh41t

[Warned for profanity] like this makes me just...smh

I dont get why this is offending. Do you know how many times ive heard black people talk about liking kool-aid because they're black. Same thing with fried chicken. But once its noted like your picture for example its offending? Do you get mad at other black people when they openly talk about liking kool-aid? Does it offend you when movies reference it? Movies like Friday?
Who doesnt love kool-aid. Its one of the most awesome things on this earth to drink. Black people started the stereotype by talking about loving it more than everyone else. 

WOW

you serious?
*@##$ with that started the stereotype !*+%,so because we sometimes make light of something in our culture means we should be openly demeaned? ..oh ok \
you sir are an #+*!***

To be honest, its an awareness month...not even a mandated holiday, so no one HAS to recognize it.

A while back I used to be like some of you all and say that BHM was pointless as we are all "americans", but now I understand it more because its really something that you have the option of celebrating.

BHM is no different from Hispanic heritage month or womens history month or breast cancer month, or anything else.

Its just marketing to raise awareness.

Black History reaches back to the Early days of America...  Given what this country went through it's only right that they have their story told. It's different than any other race, from Slavery to Civil Rights Blacks had a huge and unforgettable impact. It doesn't divide us.. Telling the story of what really happened in the past is not meant to bring guilt on anyone, but just acknowledge the contributions we made to our Country.

Back
Top Bottom