Why do you believe that there is a god?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

ok.
sillyputty and Anton just proved with this thread God doesn't exist. I can accept that. 

no more talking about God...he doesn't exist....from now on let's talk about STRICTLY what we know and what we can test with science and math.   

now that we've got that far...tell me some more of your facts sillyputty...tell me something interesting.  
I never said God doesn't exist
wink.gif

THINK!!! READ!!!

I don't know whether or not God exists, I don't know what God is, and neither do you

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

ok.
sillyputty and Anton just proved with this thread God doesn't exist. I can accept that. 

no more talking about God...he doesn't exist....from now on let's talk about STRICTLY what we know and what we can test with science and math.   

now that we've got that far...tell me some more of your facts sillyputty...tell me something interesting.  
wink.gif

THINK!!! READ!!!
yeah lemme go read my MCAT prep book...so I can learn some of your precious, irreplaceable facts....why don't you suggest me some agnostic reading material...I'm sure your reading materials are full of interesting, significant FACTS.
tell me what I do know Anton...

ok.

wink.gif

THINK!!! READ!!!
yeah lemme go read my MCAT prep book...so I can learn some of your precious irreplaceable facts....why don't you suggest me some agnostic reading material...I'm sure your reading materials are full of interesting significant FACTS.

lolol now you just sound salty and you'd fail the MCATs stop that
roll.gif

Gambit thought he was kicking knowledge too
laugh.gif
Great job by sillyputty putting an end to that nonsense

I wish religious people could get over their delusional fugue long enough to realize how utterly stupid some of the stuff they say is
How do I think Im kickin knowledge quoting someone else?

All you atheists need this personal gratification of Interviewing God or something like you are worth His (I'm sorry, he may not have a penis) time.......You can be a rational person who believes in God. The next problem is Atheist cannot distinguish between people who believe in God and Religious fanatics who use God to further their personal agenda. The average person has been "taught" about God in that you address Him by "God", but no one taught us Love, Sacrifice, Humility, Charity, you picked those up(I hope), through experiences in dealing with others. That is the way you learn God, God does not have to be this "magic Genie", who you guys think of when people speak of Him. God may not even exist in any way our minds have manifested Him. But please don't sit here and say I'm a moron for not believing whats not there when you rely on a system that once thought the Sun was the center of the universe.

Man doesnt even know what the hell is in our own oceans but you want us to explain the Creator in an internet post. We don't have an explanation for the Pyramids, Stonehenge, hell still cant explain the link between Baboons and Humans, but you want me to break down God for you? You can believe what you want but these pose become more and more of Non-believers trying to bash people for their beliefs and than you try to say you are on the same level as everyone else. As much post you link to some crazy doing something in the name of God, I can show you someone giving up their wealth, possessions, status and conveniences due to the respect they have for something they don't understand.  I have NO CLUE what happens when you die, neither do you. You're problem is you constantly want to put God and Logic on the same level.........It cannot be done.....Man has never spoken to God.

You like calling religious people stupid but want to defend people who post Security for dead soldiers for no other reason than to "pay homage"..............
indifferent.gif

wink.gif

THINK!!! READ!!!
yeah lemme go read my MCAT prep book...so I can learn some of your precious irreplaceable facts....why don't you suggest me some agnostic reading material...I'm sure your reading materials are full of interesting significant FACTS.

roll.gif
Asking for reading material is salty? How so? I'm asking you to support your agnosticism with reading material and you can't even do that clown!
Then you resort back to your finger pointing by calling me 'salty' when I ask you for a legitimate reference. 
eyes.gif

and you have the nerve to tell me what I know and don't know and to READ?  
laugh.gif

My brain on LSD-25>>>>anything you'll learn in med school 

Originally Posted by gambit215

laugh.gif

I wish religious people could get over their delusional fugue long enough to realize how utterly stupid some of the stuff they say is

All you atheists need this personal gratification of Interviewing God or something like you are worth His (I'm sorry, he may not have a penis) time.......You can be a rational person who believes in God. The next problem is Atheist cannot distinguish between people who believe in God and Religious fanatics who use God to further their personal agenda. The average person has been "taught" about God in that you address Him by "God", but no one taught us Love, Sacrifice, Humility, Charity, you picked those up(I hope), through experiences in dealing with others. That is the way you learn God, God does not have to be this "magic Genie", who you guys think of when people speak of Him. God may not even exist in any way our minds have manifested Him. But please don't sit here and say I'm a moron for not believing whats not there when you rely on a system that once thought the Sun was the center of the universe.

Man doesnt even know what the hell is in our own oceans but you want us to explain the Creator in an internet post. We don't have an explanation for the Pyramids, Stonehenge, hell still cant explain the link between Baboons and Humans, but you want me to break down God for you? You can believe what you want but these pose become more and more of Non-believers trying to bash people for their beliefs and than you try to say you are on the same level as everyone else. As much post you link to some crazy doing something in the name of God, I can show you someone giving up their wealth, possessions, status and conveniences due to the respect they have for something they don't understand.  I have NO CLUE what happens when you die, neither do you. You're problem is you constantly want to put God and Logic on the same level.........It cannot be done.....Man has never spoken to God.

You like calling religious people stupid but want to defend people who post Security for dead soldiers for no other reason than to "pay homage"..............
indifferent.gif

lol if you knew how to read you'd realize I'd said several times that they are religious people far more intelligent that I am, the salt is strong in this thread
laugh.gif

About soldiers, I respect them although I'm a pacifist-I have friends who went in the army not because they agreed with the war but because of the opportunities the military offered-some of said friends never made it home so YES gambit I have a lot of respect for soldiers SUE ME

Anyone without an IQ of 20 who reads my posts on anything that has to do with war and conflict can clearly see that I'm a pacifist but that doesn't mean I don't respect soldiers

roll.gif
Asking for reading material is salty? How so? I'm asking you to support your agnosticism with reading material and you can't even do that clown!
Then you resort back to your finger pointing by calling me 'salty' when I ask you for a legitimate reference. 
eyes.gif

and you have the nerve to tell me what I know and don't know and to READ?  
laugh.gif

My brain on LSD-25>>>>anything you'll learn in med school 
laugh.gif

You're not about this life
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

LOL @ you referring to science as "agnostic reading material"-Do you even know what agnosticism meanS?
laugh.gif

For instance, if someone slipped cyanide in ur drink (God forbid) is my agnosticism going to know how to manage you?
laugh.gif
Is it agnosticism if I know exactly what to do in that situation to save your life
roll.gif

smokin.gif
 thats a fact for you. 
gnosticism>>>>agnosticism (ignorance) 

who asked for science? I asked you for reading material to support whatever argument it is your trying to make since you said read...you failed to provide anything. 

You didnt deny you were Asian though. 
I also didn't confirm it. Unfortunately you're determined to believe whatever you want to believe so any discussion with you is pointless.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I also didn't confirm it. Unfortunately you're determined to believe whatever you want to believe so any discussion with you is pointless.
He knows you're Asian, and unlike him you're not the "chosen people" of Yahweh so he's prolly going to be laughing at you hysterically while you burn in hell for all eternity

roll.gif
Then you resort back to your finger pointing by calling me 'salty' when I ask you for a legitimate reference.�
eyes.gif

and you have the nerve to tell me what I know and don't know and to READ? �
laugh.gif

My brain on LSD-25>>>>anything you'll learn in med school�
LMAO you seem salty as all hell.

Reminds me of the stand up that Chris Rock did.

laugh.gif

data and progress.  does this god thing have any?
maybe in a couple of hundred years we'll find out that we were wrong and God is actually a female and actually has two G's instead of one.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

He knows you're Asian, and unlike him you're not the "chosen people" of Yahweh so he's prolly going to be laughing at you hysterically while you burn in hell for all eternity
I almost forgot about that. Fool is so above me with his lack of logic. Who needs logic when you got YHWH?!

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

roll.gif
Then you resort back to your finger pointing by calling me 'salty' when I ask you for a legitimate reference.�
eyes.gif

and you have the nerve to tell me what I know and don't know and to READ? �
laugh.gif

My brain on LSD-25>>>>anything you'll learn in med school�
LMAO you seem salty as all hell.

Reminds me of the stand up that Chris Rock did.

DECEASED and sad but true, I've seen a lot of ignorance on NT but BSmooth is the only NTer who has had the audacity to make fun of someone for studying

B Smooth 202 wrote:
smokin.gif
 thats a fact for you. 

gnosticism>>>>agnosticism (ignorance) 

who asked for science? I asked you for reading material to support whatever argument it is your trying to make since you said read...you failed to provide anything. 

Agnosticism is not ignorance.

it is the position of not knowing

gnostic = knowledge.

a+gnostic = no-knowledge

It simply means that you don't know.

It was a term popularized at the turn of the 20th century...i forget the name of the author but it was first used around that time in his books.

Additionally, if you'd like to read some things i'd be happy to provide you with some information 

[h2]What about agnosticism?[/h2]
Agnosticism (from the Greek - a (without) gnosis (knowledge)) is a claim concerning itself with knowledge, or rather, the lack of knowledge. Someone who claims that they are agnostic when it comes to gods is simply stating that they don't know or cannot possibly know.

A common objection to atheism is the following argument:

"How can you call yourself atheist? You can't possibly know for sure, therefore you're agnostic!" This statement or variations thereof has been self-posted on /r/atheism countless times.

The key difference between these two notions is the difference between knowledge and belief. While it is impossible to "know" for certain whether gods exist or not, that does not mean that one is prevented from evaluating the probability of a god's existence and making a "belief" conclusion from that.

What is most important to note is that atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive. One can be an agnostic atheist, also called a "weak" atheist, or a gnostic atheist, also called a "strong" atheist (see below). Agnosticism and atheism make completely different claims regarding completely different levels of cognition. The majority of atheists freely admit that while they cannot "know" for certain that a god exists, they choose to "believe" it doesn't -- based on the lack of evidence, unlikelihood of the claim, disbelief in magic/supernatural beings, et cetera.

xXuNC.jpg

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

lol if you knew how to read you'd realize I'd said several times that they are religious people far more intelligent that I am, the salt is strong in this thread
laugh.gif

About soldiers, I respect them although I'm a pacifist-I have friends who went in the army not because they agreed with the war but because of the opportunities the military offered-some of said friends never made it home so YES gambit I have a lot of respect for soldiers SUE ME

Anyone without an IQ of 20 who reads my posts on anything that has to do with war and conflict can clearly see that I'm a pacifist but that doesn't mean I don't respect soldiers

I don't know why people can't get this.

I am also a pacifist, but I still understand the current necessity for having a strong military. I still respect those that truly went to the military because they thought they were defending our country and have been killed. If for any other reason, don't expect me to give props. Your career choice doesn't mean anyone should respect you as a person. Plenty of bad people in all careers.

I feel like as soon as you say anything against the military and how effed up it can be or how unnecessary it should actually be, seeing how the average citizen looks down on violence and we are a highly intelligent species who should be able to figure out our problems without violence, people automatically say you hate America and #!@+ our country like they are even a native.

Wow just skimmed through this thread and what religion does to some of you guys is ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I don't know why people can't get this.

I am also a pacifist, but I still understand the current necessity for having a strong military. I still respect those that truly went to the military because they thought they were defending our country and have been killed. If for any other reason, don't expect me to give props. Your career choice doesn't mean anyone should respect you as a person. Plenty of bad people in all careers.

I feel like as soon as you say anything against the military and how effed up it can be or how unnecessary it should actually be, seeing how the average citizen looks down on violence and we are a highly intelligent species who should be able to figure out our problems without violence, people automatically say you hate America and #!@+ our country like they are even a native.
Not to stroke your ego or anything but studies indicate that atheists tend to be less nationalistic or patriotic.
Its not because they don't love their country, its more so that they don't fall into blind love affairs with propaganda and mental tricks to persuade people from doing things.

Remember all those skeptics at the beginning of the Iraq war? Why aren't we patting them on the back for trying to warn us? 

where is the reading material I asked for?
Sillyputty with another atheist pie chart
eek.gif
laugh.gif

ORIGIN Middle English : via Old Frenchfrom Latin ignorantia, from ignorant- ‘not knowing’ (see ignorant )=agnosticism 

I'm waiting Anton

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I'm waiting Anton
Here is a short list.
I've read most of these.

Remember that the point is not to say this REPRESENTS atheists...this is merely from their perspective on the claims that support the existence of a god. 

atheism isn't a club.

BTW, why do you knock the chart? It clearly defines what you have incorrectly defined as agnosticism. Its an attempt to educate you on the definition of a word. It doesn't mean that you are one. 

[h3]Jerry A. Coyne[/h3]
  • Why Evolution Is True
[h3]Richard Dawkins[/h3]
  • A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love
  • Climbing Mount Improbable
  • The God Delusion
  • Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder
  • The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution
  • The Blind Watchmaker: Why the Evidence of Evolution Reveals a Universe without Design
  • The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution
[h3]Daniel Dennett[/h3]
  • Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon
[h3]Richard Elliott Friedman[/h3][h3]James Kugel[/h3]
  • How to Read the Bible: A Guide to Scripture, Then and Now
[h3]Michel Onfray[/h3]
  • In Defence of Atheism (aka The Atheist Manifesto: The Case Against Christianity, Judaism, and Islam)
[h3]Bertrand Russell[/h3]
  • Religion and Science
  • Why I Am Not a Christian & Other Essays on Religion & Related Subjects
[h3]Carl Sagan[/h3]
  • The Demon Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark
[h3]Neil Shubin[/h3]
  • Your Inner Fish - A Journey into the 3.5 Billion Year History of the Human Body
[h3]Al Stefanelli[/h3][h3]Victor J. Stenger[/h3]
  • God: The Failed Hypothesis. How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist
  • The New Atheism: Taking a Stand for Science and Reason

Richard Dawkins presented us facts from his wheel chair that God doesn't exist...all those idiots use their intelligence to argue against God rather than formulating something with true utility for the human race...what scientific contributions have they made to bettering life on earth? What a true waste of intelligence...its not wonder these men aren't believers...they let their fellow men starve to death in the streets so they can make hypothetical musings about God. 
have any of those books allowed greater understanding between people with differences? What is the point of theoretical research that supposedly proves God doesn't exist? 

WHERE ARE YOUR BOOKS ANTON?  

eek.gif
laugh.gif

ORIGIN Middle English : via Old Frenchfrom Latin ignorantia, from ignorant- ‘not knowing’ (see ignorant )=agnosticism 

I'm waiting Anton
um

I don't know anything about civil engineering, does this make me ignorant?

I don't know whether or not unicorns exist, does this make me ignorant?
nerd.gif

Richard Dawkins presented us facts from his wheel chair that God doesn't exist...all those idiots use their intelligence to argue against God rather than formulating something with true utility for the human race...what scientific contributions have they made to bettering life on earth? What a true waste of intelligence...its not wonder these men aren't believers...they let their fellow men starve to death in the streets so they can make hypothetical musings about God. 
have any of those books allowed greater understanding between people with differences? What is the point of theoretical research that supposedly proves God doesn't exist? 

No one (of credibility) claims that we can prove that god doesn't exist.

Richard Dawkins presented us facts from his wheel chair that God doesn't exist...all those idiots use their intelligence to argue against God rather than formulating something with true utility for the human race...what scientific contributions have they made to bettering life on earth?

I've seen a man die right before my eyes, and it was completely preventable-if it were up to people like you we would still be living in a time when such unnecessary death couldn't be avoided
frown.gif

I do more in a day to promote the advancement of humanity than you would do in a lifetime and I know it makes ur soul burn
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom