Why do you believe that there is a god?

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I don't really mind that there are Christians, I just don't like that they're the majority. It definitely hinders progress on a lot of government issues like abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, etc. It's sad that you HAVE to be a Christian to be president. Like Fox News playing the whole Muslim Obama thing up to appeal to dumb Christian voters.

The religion influence on government is what bothers me the most about the subject. I'm sure that some day in our lifetime we'll see the day that religion doesnt weigh on someone's chances to be president.

Move to the UAE...
...won't have to worry about a "Christian" government over in those parts.

But you can't escape religion...

...athiets/Satanists are fighting such a losing battle.

Don't let the internet fool you...

Obviously I cant escape religion. I'm not trying to. Differences make the world great, and provide for fun debates/arguments 
tongue.gif
I'd just like to see our government run by someone who doesnt let religion influence their decisions, especially foreign policy.

And atheism is growing every day, everywhere. Dont let the internet fool you.

Obviously I cant escape religion. I'm not trying to. Differences make the world great, and provide for fun debates/arguments 
tongue.gif
I'd just like to see our government run by someone who doesnt let religion influence their decisions, especially foreign policy.

And atheism is growing every day, everywhere. Dont let the internet fool you.

My reply was actually aimed at the guy you quoted, I'm slighty tipsy eatin' cold tilapia so nuthin' personal bro...
...but these "religious" conversations are what me and my friends yap about after our umpteenth bong rip of OG Kush on a slow night.

So imagine a Christian, Jew, Muslim, and Scientolgist tryna make their point drunk/high as hell...

...makes for good conversation.

Ah I see. That kind of conversation sounds like a way to blow a good high in my eyes 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

With a name like [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]PleasurePhd[/color] I hope you're actually living up to it. The only thing I said were facts was the math. Everything else I believe in IS opinion and hypothesis. I'm just a student man I'll be the first to say that. But I will say one thing I understand the world we live in a lot better than a lot ot the people on this board, there's a few people that know what they're talking about and I learn from them, everybody else is talking out of their *** and just saying what they've been taught to say. If I ever post something in a post that possesses intellectual conversation it's because I've examined it to make sense and have at least done some research on the topic. So please miss me with that you have no idea or understanding stuff sir. I'm not even tryina get at you just don't undermine me, I am confident I can hold a debate on any topic anyone brings up on this board. I respect your views even though you really didn't share any you just tried to attenuate what I've said

Since you commented on it, yes I am living up to it. And, may I ask what is it you study? What are you majoring in? Was my assumption right? Are you a philosophy major?I realize the only fact you said was math, but therein lies your fault. Since the math you speak of is based on theoretical models. The math that you claim to know so much of and hold as facts that back up your opinion, actually uses abstract models to fit into theoretical physics models. Such as theories in quantum physics, which as of now is the only theory we can try to test and best fits what we observe to be true. This does not mean that it is a true fact. Nor does it mean the mathematics that supports it is being applied right. Its abstract. I dont mean to undermind you. But, im fairly confident that you dont know more than just the surface of the many different theoretical math models used to explain our universe and theories about multiple universes. Please correct me if im wrong and mathematically prove to me the existence of other "dimensions" and dont link some site or cut and paste info. I want to see your models and proofs. As well as an explanation of the physics it supports.Im going to bed, but ill be back to read your answer later.

"God Consolidation" is man's greatest creation.

The god of all, who knows all and can do all... except defeat "satan" and thrive without money, conveniently enough.

I believe in balance. So I believe if "God" exists then "Satan" must be their alter-ego.  

Out of curiosity...what is the purpose of expressing atheism?
For the same reason people express a belief in a higher being. Some people will feel the need to "win the lost" on either side of the argument. I'll elaborate at your request but it shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Now, just in case you want to use the "by aknowledging Him, you prove His existense" argument, I'll ask you this:
If you're ever in a position where you have to explain to a child that Santa isn't real and this child is witty enough to say "I feel him in my heart and he must exist if you're acknowledging him," how would you respond?

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

First off...I am an Agnostic Theist. (I think that's what you would call it)

- I was raised in a Catholic home and went to Catholic school as a child. Like most kids that did...I want to say that I was brainwashed to believe that there is a God or follow Catholic religion.

- As I got older (high school), I started to question MY religion and God's existence. For example, if there is a God, why aren't we created equal? Why are there third world countries where people are dying of hunger and diseases? As far as natural disasters, why did it happen there and why did that many people die/get hurt? Did they do anything wrong to be punished as such?

- At the same time, I studied (read) about evolution, science websites, the universe, went to bible classes (Christian and Catholic), watch documentaries about Muslims, Egyptians, Paganism, etc...

- I was an Atheist (read the last part, for my change of heart)

- I don't follow a particular religion nor believe in their Gods and I don't care much about heaven and hell either. I don't go to church either...unless my girl wants me to go. :/

- I do believe that there is a higher being somewhere out there. I do pray from time to time and I ask for guidance, make smart decisions, protection, keeping my friends/family safe, etc. I also Thank him/her for all the good things/blessings that are going on in my life.

- Honestly, I can't really explain why I believe in a higher being, there are just things that happened to me that could've got me killed, in big trouble, etc. But somehow I feel like there is someone watching over me.

- Believe it or not, I was in a pretty rough spot a few years ago. I was always a hard worker, got paid and was pretty good financially, I always great friends, good relationship with my family, an awesome social life. But I just wasn't satisfied or happy. No matter what I did, I've always felt crappy and unhappy. I don't think I was depressed or anything. But I've always felt like #^$%. Then one day, I decided to ask this higher being for help. The crazy thing is...it worked. I don't know how and I don't know why, but it worked. Call it stupid luck or what not.

This just MY own belief and came up with MY own conclusion. I'm not saying my belief is correct and anyone else's is wrong. Frankly, I dont even care about religion.
Nah son, you just got lucky.

Also, why is it usually the believers that resort to personal attacks and anger when their beliefs are put into question?

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Also, why is it usually the believers that resort to personal attacks and anger when their beliefs are put into question?

Both sides do it. People are people. The facts is no one KNOWS how we got here. The best anyone can come up with is a theory. "God" is one of those theories that became so popular that it automatically stemmed a "reflective category" of non-believers. Both sides are capable and guilty of personal attacks.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Oh wow. 
So you're just as valid for saying disease is caused by a devil as much as I am for showing you an electron micrograph of a protein based prion disease? 

First off...don't question my intelligence with such stupid assumptions. 
I never mentioned anything about "a devil" or made a proclamation that such a being exists.

Secondly...

Does science have a cultural system associated with it, a "scientific culture" if you will?

Isn't science a belief system which seeks to better understand and explain the origin and inner workings of the Universe? 

If you answer yes to those questions, you have just admitted that science (as it is known in the "western world" today), fits the description of a religion by its very definition.

That is all I have said thus far.
"Science" is the name of the body of information we have that we have made assertions of, tested the claims, and confirmed the evidence.

Thats it. 

Extrapolating it to a culture or body of people, is ridiculous. This is where PR needs to come in from scientific entities and dispel this notion. Its not a religion.

If you figure out how to manipulate electricity through mathematical formulas and projections of other knowledge gained through experimentation to a reliable and consistent degree of predictability, does that equate to a religion to you? 

You're not making any sense. 

As someone said before. Science doesn't claim truth. If a claim is suggested and supported with evidence and tested consistently and it still holds up then it has merit. If it fails to support the claims that evidence suggest then it is dispelled.

I've used this example before but look at the difference between newtonian and einsteins physics. Newton was right...up to a certain point. Einstein just made a better and more accurate system that had more evidence behind it so its supported more than newtons conclusions. It didn't disprove newton, it simply said einstein was MORE right. Thats the point. 

Additionally, to equate "science" to a religion shows your vapid grasp on the subject. If you don't benefit from "science" then don't use "science." Go worship another "religion" then. 

Get off your computer, take off your synthetically made fibers, and go hunt for your food like your pre-sedentary ancestors in the grasslands. 
laugh.gif
 Still at it. How you are not a Defense Lawyer or pursuing to be, is beyond me. Folks is like a vulture just waiting to prey on any remark deemed conflicting

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Both sides do it. People are people. The facts is no one KNOWS how we got here. The best anyone can come up with is a theory. "God" is one of those theories that became so popular that it automatically stemmed a "reflective category" of non-believers. Both sides are capable and guilty of personal attacks.
The non-believers feelings really aren't getting hurt though. They have no emotional attachment to a "God" or supreme being, therefore their arguments come off a lot more rationally and logically. Call someone's faith into question and they're bound to get angry. It's quite amusing.

yeah atheists are immune to emotion
laugh.gif
...nice DOOM av btw..people like you are the reason my $@#!# is a real villain....got you +@+*## paying for shows that he isn't even performing at
pimp.gif

Europe would still be in the dark ages if it wasn't for religion. 

ok man, see if I make claims on a topic you know nothing about I can speak about it intelligently, and I can offer you tons to peer reviewed research on said topic

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who are you to determine what I can and can't do now? Your sounding a little religious. 
grin.gif
 [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why would I care if you bought into it or not? Since when do you even post 'peer reviewed research'...
roll.gif
your a joke. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These types of things have been plenty researched by your precious western scientists, why should I have to provide sources when the sources are right there?[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]....I'm not making claims do you think I invented the term 'astral traveling' ? You obviously have heard about it before I mentioned it. 
eyes.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the 60s-70s Timothy Leary lead the research at Harvard which showed promising therapeutic effects in OBEs then they got shut down with the quickness...by people like you who are tied down to earthly existence and envy the ones who see beyond this.
30t6p3b.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The military also has top secret experiments with this topic (MK-ULTRA)[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ..there are plenty of western Orientalists who have made efforts to bring a more Eastern influence to the West. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why should I spoon feed you material if your fixated on concrete proof? Thats probably why you don't have the capacity to do it.[/font]

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

To me it's always been puzzling how black americans that complain about white oppression subscribe to the religion that was forced on them during the slave trade... just a thought
Just as how some Negro Women will quickly run off n get with a caucasian male n treat him opposite of how she would normally treat a Negro Male 
ohwell.gif

I am just trying figure out just how many seconds of breath I would waste on someone who let's say for example if I am what you guys call "black", (skin tone is caramel) but some odd ball insists on referring to me as a caucasian male? 
laugh.gif
 Iamjusayn 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

� this is to answer your question in Red and yellow. Essentially consciousness = God Mind/Infinite Intelligence. You don't need something physical or made of matter (an organism) to have consciousness. There is a whole world or dimension of metaphysics where certain things can exist like certain geometric figures we can imagine but are impossible to exist in our reality i.e. Tesseract (4-D cube).� For the green question, there is a unified consciousness because everything is connected in the universe etherally, therefore I believe there is one responsible for this unified consciousness.
The Egg By andy Weir

I'm going to answer your green question in more detail in my next post because I have more references I want to use
As much as I kind of do like philosophy and all the tripping on acid or high on some chronic pondering the world type stuff, sometime I just hate it when philosophers start to discuss metaphysics as if it is a branch of actual physics, as if theories can be tested or proven with actual evidence.

I understand a lot of metaphysics touches on quantum physics, which is a whole crazy subject in itself, but don't mix the two. Actual experiments have been conducted to understand quantum physics, and can partially verify quantum physics theories. Don't discuss metaphysical hypotheses as if they are theories or fact, when they can't be tested or proven. May be one day we will be able to, but not for now.

Metaphysical hypotheses are just that, hypotheses, or questions that try to make understanding of something in the world. But, it's pure discussion. No testing is actually done.

In the end metaphysics is just opinion.

grin.gif
what do you think this whole God thing is about??? you can substitute God in every sentence you used metaphysics in. It is a FACT there are dimensions beyond ours, how do we know? Because mathematics tells us. Mathematics is one of the few solid things you can bank on that is consistent in the universe. It is pretty much the secret language God speaks to us

if you can connect the dots between God, math, DNA, philosophy, physics, metaphysics and science as a whole you can better understand how all of it works. Some of you guys really need to try DMT (Dimethyltriptamine) because the some of things that are being debated are the least important

Wait what? You don't know that. You're just making that up to sound all poetic and metaphysically enlightened. Stop making connections where there are none. Mathematics are arbirtary values that we created to consistently make us aware of measurements and other calculations we made. Just because our number system is base-10 system doesn't mean that its "unique" computers dont operate in base-10 but you don't think their mathematics are "supreme" and the way god talks to computers do you?�
Metaphysics is a pseudoscience. It asserts things that a marginally plausible as fact with NO EVIDENCE. Its just bunch of speculation with no clear conclusions

Honestly once you posted that video I had to write you off, even after I watched all of it. Deepak and his cronies are a bunch of lames who speak in circles without establishing fact only to fleece their audience out of their hard earned money by thinking that the mind has something to do with the external body. Look we can't PROVE any of this but we've got these ideas that could be really awesome so we'll just�propagate�it as really cool ideas that aren't ever supported or can ever be researched.�

I know about DMT. Its a drug released by your brain when you die.

But the FUNNY thing is why you seem to forget that ITS IN YOUR BRAIN.�

Did you ever think about the experiments people have done where the corpus callosum between brains are cut? One half of peoples brains can believe in god and the other can't. That alone shows you that its all in the minds of believers.

Autistic kids, specifically asbergers (sp?) syndrome kids do NOT believe in a god for the most part. They take everything so literally that they can't be fooled by BS. Most of them are atheists because the god concept falls apart when they rationalize it. If a brain disorder can make you think in a certain way then why can't you just admit that its ALL in the mind?

If your entire ability to reason and make decisions are based on capacity of the brain, then what happens to alzheimers patients in heaven? Do their mental faculties get restored to the time they were alive or do they exist as the point they die?

When you die and go to heaven are you the same age as when you die or the "perfect" age? Whatever that means...it could be 10 years old for some or 35 for others. You're not establishing ANY fact here. You're not supporting anything with evidence.

These charlatans with no credibility themselves speak in these terms but conflagrate the meaning of these words. When deepak says "non-local consciousness" he just talks around in circles without establishing a point. THe man is a crock and a phony. What does that even mean? They speak in such ways that people who aren't willing to make sense of it all end up getting taken advantage of because they don't realize NOTHING was said.�

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I don't really mind that there are Christians, I just don't like that they're the majority. It definitely hinders progress on a lot of government issues like abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, etc. It's sad that you HAVE to be a Christian to be president. Like Fox News playing the whole Muslim Obama thing up to appeal to dumb Christian voters.

The religion influence on government is what bothers me the most about the subject. I'm sure that some day in our lifetime we'll see the day that religion doesnt weigh on someone's chances to be president.

Move to the UAE...
...won't have to worry about a "Christian" government over in those parts.

But you can't escape religion...

...athiets/Satanists are fighting such a losing battle.

Don't let the internet fool you...
So that proves there is a god?
Maybe he could move to scandinava, or japan, or western europe, or Australia.

If you haven't noticed religious attendance is DECLINING year after year and the number of agnostics and atheists are increasing partly due to the increased information of the internet.

Do better before you start speaking out of your tailpipe. 

You say "dont let the internet" fool you...but don't let the media on TV tell you that this is a christian nation either. Its clearly not. You'd be so blindly ignorant to asser that one can not escape religion. 

Nothing you've said rationalizes or justifies a legitimate conclusion. 

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

The non-believers feelings really aren't getting hurt though. They have no emotional attachment to a "God" or supreme being, therefore their arguments come off a lot more rationally and logically. Call someone's faith into question and they're bound to get angry. It's quite amusing.

I understand what you're saying.The believers in my experience do tend to get angry when their faith is brought into question because of the emotional value they place on their beliefs. I was just saying that in most cases it depends on the temperment of the person, regardless of what side they're on.

On the other hand, I don't exactly recall an"Atheist Inquisition," where people were tortured until they declared that god didn't exist, so your point is definitely valid.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

yeah atheists are immune to emotion
laugh.gif
...nice DOOM av btw..people like you are the reason my $@#!# is a real villain....got you +@+*## paying for shows that he isn't even performing at
pimp.gif

Europe would still be in the dark ages if it wasn't for religion. 

ok man, see if I make claims on a topic you know nothing about I can speak about it intelligently, and I can offer you tons to peer reviewed research on said topic

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who are you to determine what I can and can't do now? Your sounding a little religious. 
grin.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why would I care if you bought into it or not? Since when do you even post 'peer reviewed research'...
roll.gif
your a joke. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These types of things have been plenty researched by your precious western scientists, why should I have to provide sources when the sources are right there?[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]....I'm not making claims do you think I invented the term 'astral traveling' ? You obviously have heard about it before I mentioned it. 
eyes.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the 60s-70s Timothy Leary lead the research at Harvard which showed promising therapeutic effects in OBEs then they got shut down with the quickness...by people like you who are tied down to earthly existence and envy the ones who see beyond this.
30t6p3b.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The military also has top secret experiments with this topic (MK-ULTRA)[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ..there are plenty of western Orientalists who have made efforts to bring a more Eastern influence to the West. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why should I spoon feed you material if your fixated on concrete proof? Thats probably why you don't have the capacity to do it.[/font]

Again. This mindless drivel.
WHERE IS YOUR PROOF OR EXISTENCE OF A GOD.

Notice when someone shuts you down in a thread you refuse to answer them.

Stop avoiding me. I've addressed every comment you've made in this whole thread.

Now you want to talk about "alternative" medicine. DO you know what is alternative medicine that works? ....MEDICINE!!!
roll.gif

Thats besides the point...

THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT WHY YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD.

IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD, POST YOUR EVIDENCE AND PROOF FOR WHY YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD.

IF YOU SUGGEST A CLAIM. BACK IT UP. 

END OF STORY.

B SMOOTH 202, STOP DUCKIN' AND DODGIN' ME MAN...ANSWER THE QUESTION

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Some of you should read Ecclesiastes...

...it's easily one of (if not the) most emo and philosophical books the in The Bible - which is apparently right up the majority of your alleys.

All that ''there's nuthin' new under the sun/life is meaningless/what's the point of being good if I'm going to die anyways?/I just blew millions of dollars on women and entertainment for the hell of it and I'm still not happy/when I die everything I worked to earn is just gonna go in the hands of my idiot offspring/my dad was never around to mold me so I got happiness thru possessions/maybe I would've been better off as a stillborn child''-type stuff.

But this is NT, so a lot of you will read about The Bible - but you won't actually read The Bible...

...whatever.

I've read the bible.
And?

Point is, how does this prove there is a god? 

laugh.gif
....look at you bruh...you and Anton can't have a debate without supersizing your words and %#%$...yet somehow I'm the one who is 'salty' and 'mad' 

...furthermore you believe everything the white man tells you. "evidence"
laugh.gif

its kind of ridiculous....dude wants me to put God in a mathematical formula for him....if you don't believe in God thats your problem. Just don't expect everybody to be as inferior as you are. 
I'm done with you bruh..know your self. 

Pompous Mother#&$%@*! Look At What Them Jewels Made Me... 

correction: Jews not jewels.
No.

a7925bee188af9bf27a3cb97dd0212658c13f30.gif

I've been keeping up with this argument, sillyputty has answered all of the questions you've asked, however you can't prove there is a "higher being" after being asked time and time again, or why Atheists/non believers should believe in something that isn't proven to exist.

Enlighten us please, oh chosen one.  

Seriously?

There are no words that I can say or type to describe and prove God, especially to a non-believer....why do you think language is what it is...

...can you express everything through verbal communication?

and that line from Pusha T is JEWS. Figure it out.

laugh.gif
....look at you bruh...you and Anton can't have a debate without supersizing your words and %#%$...yet somehow I'm the one who is 'salty' and 'mad' 

...furthermore you believe everything the white man tells you. "evidence"
laugh.gif

its kind of ridiculous....dude wants me to put God in a mathematical formula for him....if you don't believe in God thats your problem. Just don't expect everybody to be as inferior as you are. 
I'm done with you bruh..know your self. 
It was to call your attention to ANSWER THE QUESTION

Oh yeah? Why are you using electronics designed by white men? 

Why are you wearing clothes marketed by white men? 

Why are you contributing to the ad revenue on websites run by white men? 

Why are you interested in drugs developed by white men? 

Why do you abide by the white mans laws? 

Why do you use white man medicine? 

Why do you eat white man grown food? 

You've said you've never even left the state of florida, why do you stay confined to the white man's geographical boundaries? Bruh...You're MIXED! I'm more black than YOU are. Your point is null and void. 

Shut your ignorant behind up. Seriously. If you're so up on your Garvey tip, then GO back to Africa homie. 

You've shown how much of a rat you are by evading direct and constant inquiry into YOUR comments.

You're a coward. 

You run every time someone checks you on your topics and then try to change the subject to fit something you don't even KNOW about. What the hell is your problem? 

If you can't prove something then why should I believe you? You JUST admitted that you don't know every thing about DMT and other recreational drug use so you can't speak on it but yet you think you know so much on "god" that you can't prove it. 

JUST ADMIT IT ALREADY. YOU HAVE NO PROOF TO SUBSTANTIATE YOUR BELIEFS. YOU BELIEVE THINGS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A REASON TO. 

I know more Jah and Rastas and Enlightened folks than you ever would. My heritiage is Jamaican bro. I know more about this than you and you can't even defend THAT right...and I'm an ATHEIST. 

I take time to research both sides of every argument and I do NOT SEE EVIDENCE TO TELL ME TO ACCEPT THAT THERE IS A GOD OR BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY.

I'VE ASKED YOU MULTIPLE TIMES TO EDUCATE ME ON WHERE I MAY BE WRONG AND YOU HAVE REFUSED. 

I HAVE ASKED YOU TO POINT ME TOWARDS A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE MATERIAL BEING DISCUSSED. 

I HAVE ASKED YOU TO SHOW ME WHAT IT IS THAT YOU ACTUALLY THINK SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.

YOU HAVE REFUSED TO DO ANYTHING ANYONE HAS ASKED YOU TO DO.

WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE YOU? WHY ARE YOU GETTING MAD PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH YOU? YOU GIVE THEM NO REASON TO EVEN AGREE WITH YOU. 

YOU ARE A FOOL AND A LIAR. YOU LACK ANY SORT OF CREDENTIALS  AND ARE UNWILLING TO ENLIGHTEN THE REST OF US. I THOUGHT EACH ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO TEACH ONE.

HERE YOU HAVE THE PLATFORM TO LAY ALL THAT TO REST AND YOU CAN'T. 

PUT UP, OR SHUT UP. 

roll.gif
'look at you go'
son said he knows more about 'this' than I do....
eek.gif

I'm ignorant bro...I don't have any credentials....I'm a nobody

....I believe because I want to...is that what you wanted me to type? Are you satisfied with your self now? 

Back
Top Bottom