Why do you believe that there is a god?

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

You don't want a wikipedia article that succinctly sums up Hitler's religious views?

Therefore, I believe today that I am acting in the sense
of the Almighty Creator: By warding off the Jews I am
fighting for the Lord's work.
Straight from Mein Kampf.   Here is Mein Kampf in its entirety.  I doubt you'll even spend 5 minutes reading it.  Go ahead and and continue pretending like you even care what the source is.

http://www.archive.org/st...nkampf035176mbp_djvu.txt

This is what I was thinking, I could start posting full length peer reviewed scientific journals for Rufio but he probably wouldn't read it or better yet, understand it

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

You don't want a wikipedia article that succinctly sums up Hitler's religious views?

Therefore, I believe today that I am acting in the sense
of the Almighty Creator: By warding off the Jews I am
fighting for the Lord's work.
Straight from Mein Kampf.   Here is Mein Kampf in its entirety.  I doubt you'll even spend 5 minutes reading it.  Go ahead and and continue pretending like you even care what the source is.

This is what I was thinking, I could start posting full length peer reviewed scientific journals for Rufio but he probably wouldn't read it or better yet, understand it

you wish brah, your'e the med school dropout.  i'm in grad school full tuition paid.  you here posting wiki articles.  i can write a full dissertation as to why you will not succeed as a doctor but you "probably wouldn't read it or better yet, understand it" (LaVey).

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

Calm down Dr. Trenchcoat. I was making a generalized observation and you obviously baited yourself.
oh and wiki articles?  come one anton really???????? i am disappoint
 Trench coat weather is coming back
smokin.gif

you sound kinda salty
ohwell.gif

I have no qualms about passion.  but i do question much of everyone's credentials, not due to their own faults, but due to the anonymity of the internet.
again no offense if wiki works for you cool.  I guess i'm old school in regards to my standards of research.

trenchcoats for the win.

you baited yourself.  i didnt fire shots at u in my original post but you jumped in assumed something.  

salty. never that famb.  i'm actually amused by threads like this, its good to know i can laugh at both sides. sorta like political threads

its all healthy debate man.  
u fired shots at other people in this thread who clearly have passion for science AND the credentials, I only used myself as an example-you didn't have to directly fire shots at me. Again I'm asking you to highlight any information in those wikipedia articles that are inaccurate, and then provide accurate information if you care that much. I wouldn't use wikipedia as a primary source for writing a research paper but that isn't the purpose of these "debates".  Are the references to primary sources on the bottom of wikipedia articles inaccurate as well? Is the fact that I can use wikipedia to study things like anatomy and biochemistry and do well proof that it is inaccurate?

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by tune205

Do computer chips believe in Bill Gates? Or do they just do what they were programmed and use the science it was given?
What would you call the computer chips who were aware of Bill Gates? 

Probably will go over your heads 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Probably will go over your head.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Independent thought is dead. 

Most atheists are the product of other peoples ideas anyway just like most believers. This thread is full of straw man arguments and unquoted positions.

The constant bickering and thread creation about a case that has been opened for millenniums shows how tom & jerry the usual suspects are. 

As yall were tho

you wish brah, your'e the med school dropout.  i'm in grad school full tuition paid.  you here posting wiki articles.  i can write a full dissertation as to why you will not succeed as a doctor but you "probably wouldn't read it or better yet, understand it" (LaVey).
Yea I can get a full ride at University of Pheonix as well getting a masters in Communications
laugh.gif

And don't make me PM you my board score, you and I are not on the same level
pimp.gif

forget this. these topics bring out the worst in people. i'm bowing out..

Yea that's what I thought
laugh.gif

I should be offended, not cause you called me a drop out but because of the reality of the fact that I literally haven't slept more than 5 hrs in the last 2 days studying for an exam tomorrow.  Being a drop out and a bum/slacker is literally my fantasy
sick.gif

laugh.gif

I should be offended, not cause you called me a drop out but because of the reality of the fact that I literally haven't slept more than 5 hrs in the last 2 days studying for an exam tomorrow.  Being a drop out and a bum/slacker is literally my fantasy
sick.gif
yet you parade and tell people you dropped out.  go ahead and pm me your board score if you feel so compelled. i called you a drop out bc thats what you stated in a past thread
and it's kind of cute you think i'm a communications major. sorry to burst your bubble. there's a reason i talk down on you.

lol last time i checked my education is being paid in full 100k+  sorry bum, but you aren't the only one in the medical field here.

That's what ppl love to do. Not address the topic or the points in argument but argue something else they see as a $%!#% in the armor (i.e. sources), then when that matter is handled and the point is reinforced with better source attack the poster personally off of shh you remember about him from other threads to make it look like that person's loses credibility when you're incapable of sticking to the topic.

This among other things consistently happens, usually by repeat offenders or newbies who really don't care and can't express their thoughts on the topic any other way.

laugh.gif

sick.gif
yet you parade and tell people you dropped out.  go ahead and pm me your board score if you feel so compelled. i called you a drop out bc thats what you stated in a past thread
and it's kind of cute you think i'm a communications major. sorry to burst your bubble. there's a reason i talk down on you.

lol last time i checked my education is being paid in full 100k+  sorry bum, but you aren't the only one in the medical field here.

lol ok buddy, we don't believe you you need more people-and what happened I thought you were done? And I see you still haven't provided better evidence or exposed any erroneous information in those wiki articles-

Yea I'm sure it would make people like you really happy if I did drop out
laugh.gif
Whenever I bring that up you could see some people's eyes light up as they revel in my supposed failure
ohwell.gif

You came in here questioning people's passion and credentials, but can't handle it when the same is done to you
ohwell.gif
What have you contributed to this discussion aside from questioning sources and people's passion?

it's funny how the most foundational scientists didn't spend their days bashing religion. they followed their passion.

alot of u guys are like armchair scientists. fake med students. college students who wanna be doctors. cats who hit google or wiki to provide articles for their own lack of opinion. religious extremists are as equally annoying as unintelligent people who play professor.

Youre a little too quick to judge and assume without having added any science information to benefit the discussion.
That's all i've been seeing in this thread though man.  me i'm indifferent. and i guess a few of the posters in this thread got sassy and butthurt after seeing my post
pimp.gif
I guess some haven't added information, but I feel like a lot have and anyone who has said anything to back up science hasn't really posted any false information. But, I haven't read every single last post so...
grin.gif

Well yes they did because even though you didn't single anyone out, everyone who has been reading the thread knows who has been posting the most science related comments, and so those individuals became defensive.

You're right about the anonymity of the internet, but then you didn't address the rest of my post where I said you don't even have to have a MD or PhD to have attained knowledge in science. I expressed that I think everyone without a doctoral degree should seek to properly educate themselves in the field.

So your comments are not only pointless, but also unwarranted since the largest contributors to the science discussion all have proven in their posts their knowledge of the science field. Which, in turn has inadvertently shown that they probably hold advanced degrees.

Lastly, you salty? Coming in here like:

What you in grad school for may I ask?

Sounds like liberal arts. Am I wrong? 

says the guy who got butthurt over a general statement.

and over and over again i told you i never said the articles were wrong yet you keep going back to that question. it doesn't apply yet you indulge yourself over again by asking me to support an argument i never made.

you didnt question my passion. i laid my cards out in my first post. i equated the believers to nonbelievers.

you got upset because my general statement somehow struck a nerve.

i tried to bow out bc the back and forth btw u and i has seemed to derail the thread.

yet you want to keep going.

you get upset bc i pointed out people for their hypocrisy on both sides.

jesus christ or darwin. you all make me slaugh.

columbine called they want their trenchcoats back

completely wrong. and i bet any money you're not a doctor, but hey keep citing wiki. cool pic bro

and over and over again i told you i never said the articles were wrong yet you keep going back to that question. it doesn't apply yet you indulge yourself over again by asking me to support an argument i never made.

you didnt question my passion. i laid my cards out in my first post. i equated the believers to nonbelievers.

i tried to bow out bc the back and forth btw u and i has seemed to derail the thread.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yo you got anymore? I love these

LOL @ general statement, you came in here firing shots and you expected people who worked damn hard to achieve certain milestones to be ok with it-I don't care if it wasn't directed at me, I was also speaking on behalf of others it may have been directed at

Youre a little too quick to judge and assume without having added any science information to benefit the discussion.
That's all i've been seeing in this thread though man.  me i'm indifferent. and i guess a few of the posters in this thread got sassy and butthurt after seeing my post
pimp.gif

Well yes they did because even though you didn't single anyone out, everyone who has been reading the thread knows who has been posting the most science related comments, and so those individuals became defensive.

You're right about the anonymity of the internet, but then you didn't address the rest of my post where I said you don't even have to have a MD or PhD to have attained knowledge in science. I expressed that I think everyone without a doctoral degree should seek to properly educate themselves in the field.

So your comments are not only pointless, but also unwarranted since the largest contributors to the science discussion all have proven in their posts their knowledge of the science field. Which, in turn has inadvertently shown that they probably hold advanced degrees.
I agree you don't need to hold an MD or PhD to attain knowledge in science. so?  the idea is that people shouldn't parade around like they're experts in the field.  
and i guarantee you that the rants and the citations or internet articles does nothing to convince me that people hold advanced degrees in this thread.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

yea but i feel like the whole nigerian scammer thing can be misconstrued as racist so i wont go there. dont u have an exam to ace, ace?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

yea but i feel like the whole nigerian scammer thing can be misconstrued as racist so i wont go there. dont u have an exam to ace, ace?

I do-Don't worry about me I'll be fine
smokin.gif
I've gone through about 1000 practice qs since friday finishing up the last few as we speak then hopefully bed

Nigerian isn't a race so you dont have to worry about that, go ahead say something derogatory about Nigerians
happy.gif

nerd.gif

Probably will go over your head.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Independent thought is dead. 

Most atheists are the product of other peoples ideas anyway just like most believers. This thread is full of straw man arguments and unquoted positions.

The constant bickering and thread creation about a case that has been opened for millenniums shows how tom & jerry the usual suspects are. 

As yall were tho

It went over your head
laugh.gif

Oh and BTW when humans create true AI in machines/computer without them being programed to have known we created them and then we all die and all that's left on this planet is the AI for billions of years, and we become myth to them; then your questions will be come relevant. Until then, they are completely extraneous. Bad attempt at making an analogy.

Also, Bill Gates didn't invent or create the computer chip. Do you know what windows is? It's called software for a reason.

completely wrong. and i bet any money you're not a doctor, but hey keep citing wiki. cool pic bro

Find one post where I have ever cited wiki.

LOL you're not even a doctor.
laugh.gif
Told you you were too quick to judge LOL. Let me remind you what you originally posted:

it's funny how the most foundational scientists didn't spend their days bashing religion. they followed their passion.

alot of u guys are like armchair scientists. fake med students. college students who wanna be doctors. cats who hit google or wiki to provide articles for their own lack of opinion. religious extremists are as equally annoying as unintelligent people who play professor.

^^Ya, that's you buddy LOL. ^^

Yes, you're right. I am in grad school I already addressed this jack ***. I never claimed to be a doctor.

OH and BTW I don't know if you don't know this, but YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.  EVERY PhD PROGRAM IN THE SCIENCES HAVE FULLY SUPPORTED STUDENTS. IT'S CALLED A RESEARCH STIPEND.

Find one post where I have ever cited wiki.

LOL you're not even a doctor.
laugh.gif
Told you you were too quick to judge LOL. Let me remind you what you originally posted:

^^Ya, that's you buddy LOL. ^^

Yes, you're right. I am in grad school I already addressed this jack ***. I never claimed to be a doctor.

OH and BTW I don't know if you don't know this, but YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.  EVERY PhD PROGRAM IN THE SCIENCES HAVE FULLY SUPPORTED STUDENTS. IT'S CALLED A RESEARCH STIPEND.
says the dude who i was in liberal arts.
who said i was special?

sorry famb you fall under this un my og post:

"armchair scientists. fake med students." 

but keep trying beaver. the privilege of the blanco reeks high in u

Back
Top Bottom