Why do you love ur city?

Houston
Our weather (prefer heat over everything)
Night life
FOOD
Our Music and culture (Screw, swangs, slang, candy, etc)
Our accents
Everybody wants to be from here. :lol: adds to my Houstonian pride

Living in Houston now. Can't say any of these are great. Coming from DC area though.

*inb4 NY>everywhere, LA>NY, SD>LA, such&such isn't in the DMV.

Houston
Our weather (prefer heat over everything)
Night life
FOOD
Our Music and culture (Screw, swangs, slang, candy, etc)
Our accents
Everybody wants to be from here.
laugh.gif
adds to my Houstonian pride
2zyx1j6.jpg

Orioles, Nats, Wizards, Caps... All day

No love for the skins?

Any who, i love the dc metro area for its diversity.

I can randomly invite friends over to play FIFA and every major continent will be present. (Sorry Australia)

Orioles, Nats, Wizards, Caps... All day

No love for the skins?

Any who, i love the dc metro area for its diversity.

I can randomly invite friends over to play FIFA and every major continent will be present. (Sorry Australia)

I'm a Cowboys fan :lol:

But since I'm from here, I don't HATE the skins like every other cowboys fan. TBH I would root for them since they are a hometown team, but I was raised a Boys fan. Couldn't come home from the mall as a kid with no new 'Skins hat on :lol:

I root for the Ravens though

The Twin Cities area, but specifically, South Minneapolis. It is one of the few true melting pots that I've ever witnessed, and I consider myself lucky to have been born and raised in the Powderhorn area.

When I was coming up, Minneapolis was just starting to be known for violence. My cousin and I literally found someone shot in the back in our apartment's yard when we were kids. People coined phrases like "Murderapolis". Through a series of odd occurrences, I even lived on Lowry over on the north side when they shut it down THE ENTIRE street in the late 90s because of all the drug traffic. It was really live like that here :lol:

But I loved it. There was violence, gangs, and all of that...but I distinctly remember playing at Powderhorn park (the orange one, for everyone in 612) and seeing gang bangers playing basketball with rival gang members to show respect, people from all walks of life getting together and enjoying events like the Mayday Parade, Movie Night at the Park, and all kinds of other great community building events.

A lot of that changed now, and Minneapolis just feels like another generic city these days...but South Minneapolis in the 90s, and especially the Powderhorn neighborhood, was a very close knit community. Everyone knew everyone, and despite the many different groups that were present (on my block alone we had people from Germany, Mexico, and Vietnam) we all made it work and got along. Minneapolis is a pretty big city, but at that time, in that neighborhood, it had a lot of the small town qualities that people know and love. It was a very unique city...but a lot of that is dying down.

Last edited:

But since I'm from here, I don't HATE the skins like every other cowboys fan. TBH I would root for them since they are a hometown team, but I was raised a Boys fan. Couldn't come home from the mall as a kid with no new 'Skins hat on :lol:

Ah, gotcha. As long as it isn't against the boys or ravens, you don't really mind if the skins win. I mean outside of division rivalries. Respect.

Just wanted to come in and say Baltimore
pimp.gif
Explain....srs.

Is there any nice places to live in bmore? Like honestly, I've been all around the city and can't find one place I feel "safe." I ain't got that mitch blood, but Bmore cats is grimmy.

^Canton and other neighborhoods. Don't get it twisted theres places in Bmore where people don't lock their doors at night.

Just wanted to come in and say Baltimore :pimp:

Explain....srs.

Is there any nice places to live in bmore? Like honestly, I've been all around the city and can't find one place I feel "safe." I ain't got that mitch blood, but Bmore cats is grimmy.
:lol: ima put it like this while it is rough out here and everybody knows that ..but like i tell everybody who asks, its a city of over 600,000+ ppl of course its some nice parts n rich areas (harbor, harbor east, federal hill, roland park, canton, fells point, the whole are round JHU the college campus NOT the hospital etc... )

^Canton and other neighborhoods. Don't get it twisted theres places in Bmore where people don't lock their doors at night.
basically this...if you want to avoid all the bad **** you seen and heard about you can do that easily in Baltimore

Last edited:

Ah, gotcha. As long as it isn't against the boys or ravens, you don't really mind if the skins win. I mean outside of division rivalries. Respect.

Exactly. With RG3 and DeSean Jackson this season, I might find myself watching more Skins games though.

I need to watch more DC United games, but I just can't get into them

Exactly. With RG3 and DeSean Jackson this season, I might find myself watching more Skins games though.

I need to watch more DC United games, but I just can't get into them

Man I cant get with MLS, especially after being used to EPL, serie A and la liga. But I will be rooting for the US this world cup.

That RG3 and desean/pierre trifecta is gonna be deadly. Griffin finally took off the leg brace. Good luck lol

PHILLY 
smokin.gif

although we dont win championships we ride out heavy for our teams. Tailgating is live for any sporting event 

wiz with out (cheesesteaks) Aint nothing like that philly cheesesteak at 3am after a great night out.

Out of a sense of familiarity. There really isn't much that's remarkable about Ft. Lauderdale to be honest. But its home.

San Francisco,

Good weather, never too hot.
Individualism everywhere.
Creativity and rebellion go hand and hand over here.
Neighborhoods everywhere that have their own flavor, it can feel like you're going to a different city everyday if you explore enough.

To add to it.....

- Small city with tons of diversity. Cultures are still alive out here regardless of the gentrification and everything is within reach of public transportation.
- Rappers, rockers, comedians, artists, etc. love this city. You can always find a good stuff going on every weekend.
- At this point, a lot of new jobs are popping up, especially if you are in the tech field.
- No seasons in weather. Summers are never too hot. Winters are never to cold.
- Plenty of food spots and not an overload where you can't try them all.

Back
Top Bottom