Why do you love ur city?

Honolulu, Hawaii

The weather, the climate, the culture (which has actually diminished over the years) and the out door activities that the island brings. 

I will always love home... but I do enjoy the 9th island (702).
Your right about the 9th island... So many people that I know, whether it's friends or family have moved there. I love to visit there as well :smile:. Ever going to move back home someday?

Dtown silver spring prolly got the best east african chicks in the dmv.

I like just walking around down there in the summer.

I will always love home... but I do enjoy the 9th island (702).
Your right about the 9th island... So many people that I know, whether it's friends or family have moved there. I love to visit there as well :smile:. Ever going to move back home someday?

Man I really wanted to.

But me and wifey just came back from vacation a couple months ago.

Went house shopping there, looked at a few areas (Ocean Pointe, Hawaii Kai, Kapolei... ect)... and the average price for the houses we were looking for the same amount of square footage we own here is between $900,000 and $1.1 Million.

:x

Last edited:
The Twin Cities area, but specifically, South Minneapolis. It is one of the few true melting pots that I've ever witnessed, and I consider myself lucky to have been born and raised in the Powderhorn area.

When I was coming up, Minneapolis was just starting to be known for violence. My cousin and I literally found someone shot in the back in our apartment's yard when we were kids. People coined phrases like "Murderapolis". Through a series of odd occurrences, I even lived on Lowry over on the north side when they shut it down THE ENTIRE street in the late 90s because of all the drug traffic. It was really live like that here :lol:

But I loved it. There was violence, gangs, and all of that...but I distinctly remember playing at Powderhorn park (the orange one, for everyone in 612) and seeing gang bangers playing basketball with rival gang members to show respect, people from all walks of life getting together and enjoying events like the Mayday Parade, Movie Night at the Park, and all kinds of other great community building events.

A lot of that changed now, and Minneapolis just feels like another generic city these days...but South Minneapolis in the 90s, and especially the Powderhorn neighborhood, was a very close knit community. Everyone knew everyone, and despite the many different groups that were present (on my block alone we had people from Germany, Mexico, and Vietnam) we all made it work and got along. Minneapolis is a pretty big city, but at that time, in that neighborhood, it had a lot of the small town qualities that people know and love. It was a very unique city...but a lot of that is dying down.
Why do you think is generic nowadays?

Back then uptown was grimey in a good way. It wasn't crawling with lambos and middle age clowns trying to get a bottle at bar Louie. The mayday parade was for people from Minneapolis. Not people from the suburbs thinking that's how we are everyday. It's just different man. I still know everyone, I can't go to a single restaurant or target on the south side without knowing someone. But the feel has changed. I'm gonna blame global market and uptown for making the first step. Then everyone else followed suit.

The one thing I don't like is how us south side heads roll in packs. Bump into one dude at the triple rock and all the sudden it's a high school reunion 5 minutes later. :lol: sometimes I'm not trying to do all that.

But like yeah said. Mpls used to have that grimey feel that was unwelcoming to outsiders. Now it's a free for all to put up as many condos as they can.

I'm not saying I want dudes slanging heroin out there again but it changed for the bad as well as the good. I don't know how to describe it.

I always felt Minneapolis was more ghetto-er back then. It's still ghetto but the vibe did change tho.

Winston Salem is pretty boring

I love NC as a whole because we experience all seasons evenly.....beautiful beaches on the east and the mountains on the west ...we have plenty of decent sized cities but also nice laid back towns outside of them

I just like the laid back life...big city living doesn't interest me

San Francisco,

Good weather, never too hot.
Individualism everywhere.
Creativity and rebellion go hand and hand over here.
Neighborhoods everywhere that have their own flavor, it can feel like you're going to a different city everyday if you explore enough.
pimp.gif
 Yeap!

Not to mention the breath taking scenery.

& the fog like no other!

this man knows what hes talkin bout
summer time in the da dmv is like no were else
so diverse in everything

Now I understand being loyal to your home town, but there are a lot of places that rival SS when it comes to diversity.

Anchorage, Alaska
glasses.gif

• The wildlife and scenery are amazing (especially during the summer).
  • The sun almost never goes down in the summer, so you can be out all night.
  • Weather is nice with very little humidity (in the summer).
  • Great tourist attraction.
  • The cruise trips are amazing and unique.
  • Fresh seafood (King Crab, salmon, halibut etc. etc.)
  • A very nice sized city (pop. 300,000).
  • Very good diversity.
  • No sales tax or income tax!
  • Every resident receives a permanent fund dividend (PFD) every single year. My smallest PFD was $845.76 and my largest was $2069.00 + $1200.00 for the Alaska Resource Rebate, so $3269.00 in total!
  • Not as cold as the rest of Alaska during the winter season.
  • The Iditarod (dog mushing race) starts in downtown Anchorage
  • The Aurora Borealis is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING here! One of the coolest things you will ever see in person.
It is truly one of the most unique places to live in the world! I highly recommend visiting during the summer and definitely go on a cruise ship. You won't regret it!
happy.gif

anchorage-welcome-sign_3135.jpg

anchorage-performance-art-center_3109.jpg

projects_anhc_1.jpg

anc-aerial-sunset-1.jpg

210698-1.jpg

iditarod-2013-ceremonial-start-16.jpg

Anchorage-Alaska-26.jpg

1235654.jpg

San Francisco,

Good weather, never too hot.
Individualism everywhere.
Creativity and rebellion go hand and hand over here.
Neighborhoods everywhere that have their own flavor, it can feel like you're going to a different city everyday if you explore enough.

To add to it.....

- Small city with tons of diversity. Cultures are still alive out here regardless of the gentrification and everything is within reach of public transportation.
- Rappers, rockers, comedians, artists, etc. love this city. You can always find a good stuff going on every weekend.
- At this point, a lot of new jobs are popping up, especially if you are in the tech field.
- No seasons in weather. Summers are never too hot. Winters are never to cold.
- Plenty of food spots and not an overload where you can't try them all.

love sf, grew up in the city and came back after college. basically, spent my whole life here. but i'm starting to get a little tired of it. gentrification/tech boom is driving rent up so high that i don't even think it's worth living in the city (for me personally). the artists in the mission are basically gone. it's a playground for people with lots of money. went back to my neighborhood and see families basically moving out and being evicted with larger condominiums being built at a rapid pace. most of my close friends have moved out. what's the point of making money when it all goes to rent nowadays.

I love my city because there is never not anything to do.

I love the diversity.

I love DTLA...even the bums.

Women, Weed and Weather (I don't do drugs tho).

I love that during football season I wake up to a game. Catch Sunday Night Football and still have time to do something afterwards.

Las Vegas is about a 4 hour drive.

To live and die in LA :smokin

Last edited:
Because its the city of Angels

He asked me where I came from
I told him where you headed
Back to LA
I said baby what you reppin'
I got these ideas and I'm tryin to make records
So when the train stops this time I'm a catch it

:smile:
Repped for the dom reference

Phoenix:

Besides the summer months, the weather is great, and after a while you learn how to manage.

Location; LA, Mexico, Vegas, San Diego are all easily doable in a reasonable amount of time. And if you need to get a break from Phoenix you can just head two hours to the north.

Even though this isn't for everyone, I think Phoenix is a great place for the 20's fresh out of college crowd.

All 4 sports franchises, and golfing everywhere year round.

There's a lot of history, but it still feels like a fairly young city that is just starting to get noticed with all of the growth.

In relation to the young age crowd, we're starting to have a lot of people moving here from all over, so it's helping our diversity very slowly but surely.

Overall living is cheaper than average.

I've lived here my whole life and used to hate it, but I've come to appreciate how fun this place can actually be if you go out and look for it. Most people find their own place that they like to go after a while (Mill, Scottsdale, Downtown Phoenix), the daylife events are great and we're getting to see the area change right before our eyes.

Also we aint got many parades and events like NYC which has something going on daily, but the ones we do have we take seriously.

Like dying the Chicago River Green, even if it is frozen (no really its been done frozen)
V4ZeJzG.gif

View media item 1014185View media item 1014186View media item 1014187
Y'all aint tryna see us when one of our teams wins a championship

View media item 1014188View media item 1014189View media item 1014190View media item 1014191
ohh and TBOX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Santacon
View media item 1014192View media item 1014193View media item 1014194
I hope the cubs win before I get out of this *****. Wrigleyville would go nuts. Gamma and Concord release 500,000x over.

Dallas!

Been here almost 22 years, a lot has changed.
We're rising to another level.
We want to be one of the cities that represent Texas. Houston, Austin, & Dallas.
The Texas State Fair in the fall is amazing.
Cotton Bowl, AT&T Stadium ('Boys), Globe Life Park (Rangers), & American Airlines Stadium (Mavs) are all attractions to visit.
The women in Dallas!
House of Blues
Nike Town Dallas
HOH
Pretty calm place, stay in your lane, don't go out doing extra ish and you'll fit right in.
Nice place to visit or stay.
You are welcome here anytime.
NT Dallas Summit?!
nthat.gif

Man I really wanted to.

But me and wifey just came back from vacation a couple months ago.

Went house shopping there, looked at a few areas (Ocean Pointe, Hawaii Kai, Kapolei... ect)... and the average price for the houses we were looking for the same amount of square footage we own here is between $900,000 and $1.1 Million.

sick.gif
Yea its crazy....My grandma had bought a house in Hawaii Kai for 115k back in the day..... We don't see prices like that anymore down here lol 

Back
Top Bottom