Why do you think the XX2's sold so poorly?

This thread is hillarious. People don't like the XX2 so it MUST be a failure.
Very very flimsy reasoning.

The main reason I would think is because people (general public) are off of Jordan as a player, which is why the general public bought them to start with. Allmost "collectors" know is that an old Jordan that meant something to alot of people is being released, and it matches their outfit, so they have tohave it. Then their is no money for the new models. I personally thought the XXII was a great looking shoe, especially the Blk/Red. It had a more old-schoolvibe to it, with the shape and lines and color blocking. It reminded me of the VI and the II. All of the last three numbered shoes have done poorly (XX-XXII,not counting the XXIII). I got my White/BLk/Red XXI for 69.99 at FootAction 6 months after release. Same with White/Blk/Red XX and all White XXI. Just pickedup a pair of XXII Blk/Red for 79.99 last week at Champs. Every person on this board knows new Jordan models will hit sales racks, so why pay retail? Everyoneknows they will have FSR of general release colors weeks after release. But try to find the latest Green Bean Spi'zike fusion trash two days after releaseand they are gone. Why? HYPE. New Jordans have no hype, other than being made for Jordan, and since he doesn't play anymore, no one sees a reason to buythem, regardless of the fact that the XX-XXII were great shoes to play in. Just know in 5 years, when people realize how good the XXII was to play in, those ofus who bought the shoe will be smiling.

those samples are repulsively ugly.

the released version are ridiculously hot. they look and feel so damn beautiful.

*nb: i do not include PE's.

i dont think that you can say that they sold poorly. Just because not all of your boys are wearing them, doesnt mean they sold bad. They were on top of salescharts for a while. When was the last time a new sig sold completely out.

1st 2 colorways = very, very underated.

i have both and i LOVE them.

still to this day don't understand why so many slept.

Originally Posted by CopleyRd

If they kept them lookin like

6a2250ae87311624cffacee6c673089c050573e.pjpg

7f525b2e83370602c8ea73da8ed652e3d993823.pjpg

4062504e0f3516dcc56abbf36c64cb75eaea0c0.pjpg

They quite possibly could have been the greatest jordan of all time

laugh.gif
sick.gif

The all black suede xx2 are fire.

But the shoe itself leaves little room for any color versatility.

The XX2 was a success. Everyone that I know that has a pair of tryed a pair on loved them.

Also both the black and white colorways sold out almost immediately in my area, I cant find either color anymore if I could Id have a few more pairs.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

not too fly for the price, and the pe's were
indifferent.gif

still waiting on the price to drop more mainly because i need the cash for the cdps and everytime i wnt to pick them up something else popped up that iwould rather have they don't look bad(excluding the basketball and the pe's) and i heard the quality is great

I've seen, held and tried those XX2 prototypes.

It is a VERY over-the-edge shoe. If they had gone ahead and released those instead of the GR version, they would be sitting on shelves and sales would havebeen very poor because the public would never have accepted them.

The design is REALLY RAW and it isn't made ready to take hard battle beatings on ball courts.

...And these are RARE... I remember reading on NT or ISS (forgot which board), Snugglesmcduggal mentioned that ALL XX2 prototypes had to be returned back toNike HQ.

THR TO HIGH IN PRICE N THRS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THEM....................I ONLY GOT ONE PAIR N THATS IT......................

I hated these at first but they really grew on me. Now I can't imagine not having them. I own the white colorway and the black. I must say that pictures dothem no justice. They are very clean looking. Not the best Jordan but definitly a great shoe.

prices had dropped in the 757 area. got the white, black and bball colorways for 49.99 each. light, comfortable and supportive. great package.

Probably the price, also they werent the most inspired Jordan as most people have said. I own the white/black and the black/red colorways. I can say that Ireally like those 2 alot. The other two colors were weak. The omegas would have been nice without the picture. The basketballs should have been dribbled intothe trash, possible the worst Jordan of all time. The NORMAL pe's werent too bad, but they were very similar to the ogs. The city pes gave the xxi pe a runfor its money as being the worst numbered Jordan of all time.

i think they did poorly not b/c NT doesn't like them but because all the spots i go to still have almost FSR of them... i think they did poorly b/c of theprice which is still too high imo... i'd love to get a pair but im waiting until the price drops some more

price was too high but it seems like you either love them or hate them. its hit or miss with a lot people.

Besides being dog ugly, I can't think of 1 solid reason.

ESPecially the ones that had the basketball colorway!?! They look like they cut a basketball open and sewed the material to a mold. NOT pleasing to the eye.

Back
Top Bottom