Why do you think the XX2's sold so poorly?

I think they lacked a necessary "casual" appeal to them, as they were designed to me as a strict ball shoe. But other than that, possibly the price.Good bball shoes though

i love the XX2. People complain about jb having shrouds gaiters and covers and so they come out with the XX2 and its just a simple nice stealth design. Itstough to make nt happy.

XX2's just never did it for me personally. I only own the basketball edition XX2's and that's about it. I like the white XX2's alot though butwas never willing to pay anything remotely close to what JB wanted for retail. Would've snatched a pair of white XX2's if I could have found my sizefor less than 80 bucks but it's not a big deal. Plenty of other Jordans in white that surpass the XX2.

i love my blk/red pair . got 2 pair, one worn,one DS

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CopleyRd

If they kept them lookin like
6a2250ae87311624cffacee6c673089c050573e.pjpg
7f525b2e83370602c8ea73da8ed652e3d993823.pjpg
4062504e0f3516dcc56abbf36c64cb75eaea0c0.pjpg

They quite possibly could have been the greatest jordan of all time

You've got to be kidding me
laugh.gif
. And to answer your question, there really was nothing over the top about em'. They were too plain. Don't getme wrong, they're nice and if I could find me a pair for $60, I'd hop right on it. But there's nothing special about it.

I wish they would have kept the "ski boot" samples, but how can anyone say they sold bad? Just because they didn't sell out immediately?They're all sold out in stores, I would say that running out of stock of a product proves that they sold well, they are the best Air Jordan basketball shoein a while.

Quality and comfort 9.5
Overall look......4.2.
These aren't one of those Jordans that cats would be like "Oh %@+ , that's them new J's!" You couldn't even wear these off the courtand make em look cool.
smh.gif

22s are ugly. I guess they were a success for they real purpose. Ballin. I havnt seen these bein worn for style at all. So they didn't fail? Why do I stillsee them everywhere way under retail? 21s failed too, depends on the area I guess. Black 23s can still be got in my area also. Red suede 21s were around verrrylong time. $99.99 and they were still on shelves. I live in CT if it matters.

The XX2s sold "poorly" compared to retro shoes that sell out due to hype. But as for being the newest J sig basketball shoe at the time it probablysold better than alot of other basketball shoes combined! As for the city PEs the only one to sell well was the Dallas XX2
smile.gif

IMO this shoe is underrated and is great looking. People will be looking for these in the future.

i like all of my XX2's, bought them all for way under retail
laugh.gif

if i had to choose a favorite colorway for the 22's, it would be the basketballs. very underrated shoe imo
wink.gif

I love XX2's solely for playing reasons...im a college basketball player and need a great shoe to play in (i rack up 38 minutes a game btw!)...and usuallygo through a pair of shoes every month of the season...i played in these all year and im glad they didnt fly off the shelves...they aren't the illest ofkicks by their look...but for the ballers out there these shoes feel amazing on the court...btw i haven't played in the XX3's yet, but have heard somegood things about them too!

They sold well, but not the standards of hyped up retro releases would. It is a new signature model so many, like myself, slept on em for awhile. I ended upscoring them for $49. worth the wait imo. I think it was a marketing strategy on JB's end to not make a huge push with
XX2 in antisipation for the XX3s. it make the XX3 release much bigger.

I liked the PE's better. If you compare the 22's to the 23's, they are so far apart.

if those samples came out they would have sold even worse
Those samples are pure garbage. The should would've had to be RTV'ed if they came out like that. The release XXII was an above-averagelooking shoe with a steep price tag. From what people have stated, it is indeed a good performer on the court. I'm just not a huge fan of clear soles onsneakers though, and now after a year alot of XXIIs are yellowed.

it's a mix of things. the pricetag might be the biggest issue. the average consumer would rather pay $110 for team jays than $175 for something they thinkis similar. the jordan "phase" has sort of worn off, except for retroes. give it like 5 years and dudes will be sad they missed out on a pair of OGjordans that they think are retro

Back
Top Bottom