Why do young'ns swear that retro V's are from '99?

I was talking 2 some chump on aim and just 2 be friendly I called him out on his V's saying they aren't from 99. He swore up and down they are from'99. He was very obnoxious and and seemed like he was better than most. I was being 100% humble with no intent 2 disrespect.
I even took it there and asked him 2 school me, But son son was being a jerk
He told me 2 check air-Jordans. com (Which I have been on since homey was still learning ABC's)

In fact all Retro V's were released in 2000. Even tho they went into production in '99, they were released in 2000
Lets not lie to ourselves now guys.

Can someone prove me wrong?

The production tag on the Retro V's do say '99 though...So technically they ARE from '99 even if the release was in 2000...So actually he shouldhave piped down because you both right in a way..

I cant really say anything, I was only 8 years old turning 9 in 99, so i wasnt even thinking about air jordans.

The production tag on the Retro V's do say '99 though.
That's it right there.

Alot of ppl who didnt get them when they first retroed dont know when they came out. So they go by the tag date.

Originally Posted by MJFan75

The production tag on the Retro V's do say '99 though...So technically they ARE from '99 even if the release was in 2000...So actually he should have piped down because you both right in a way..

I can accept this, but calling me ignorant to then be ignorant to new information is unacceptable.

I know for sure that the black/silver 5's were released in january of 2000.But I sure don't remember the release date for the fire-red 5's.

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

I was talking 2 some chump on aim and just 2 be friendly I called him out on his V's saying they aren't from 99. He swore up and down they are from '99. He was very obnoxious and and seemed like he was better than most. I was being 100% humble with no intent 2 disrespect.
I even took it there and asked him 2 school me, But son son was being a jerk
He told me 2 check air-Jordans. com (Which I have been on since homey was still learning ABC's)

In fact all Retro V's were released in 2000. Even tho they went into production in '99, they were released in 2000
Lets not lie to ourselves now guys.

Can someone prove me wrong?

Maybe those Vs were released when he was learning 1+1=2, he only found the information from air-jordans.com without really queuing up.

they were made in 1999 but were released in 2000, end of story

regarless though, they should be called the '00 Vs because we generally refer to shoes by the year they were RELEASED, not manufactured

yes, air jordan v were released in 1999, the white/black was the first color, released not long after the white/navy retro 4

^^^ YOU ARE WRONG!!!

The only retro Jordans released in 1999 were Both Cement IVs, Wht/Navy and Black/Grey IVs.

All the Vs, White IVs, Spacejams and Concords were from 2000

I remember buying my V's in 2000. I didn't get the IV's in '99 and there was no way I wasn't getting the V's.

Production=1999
Release=2000

The only retro Jordans released in 1999 were Both Cement IVs, Wht/Navy and Black/Grey IVs.

some one get this man an award.

props man, most people assume that the white 4s released in 99 with the others.

there is nobody and i mean nobody who goes by the tag to tell when a shoe came out they go by the release date and the 5s where released in 2000 so who everyou talked to was a damn fool

Originally Posted by retrospect90

I cant really say anything, I was only 8 years old turning 9 in 99, so i wasnt even thinking about air jordans.
damn i feel old

All but one of these were from back in the day when J's still released on Wednesdays, and the only one that wasn't was a quickstrike. I was out thereon release day for all of 'em.

AJ V White/Black/Fire Red - released 1/5/2000

AJ V Black/Black/Metallic Silver - released 3/15/2000

AJ V White/Varsity Royal/Varsity Maize (Laney's) - released 5/10/2000

AJ V White/Metallic Silver/Black - released 7/5/2000

and just for kicks...

AJ IV Black/Cement Grey - released 5/5/1999

AJ IV White/Black - released 6/2/1999

AJ IV White/Columbia Blue/Midnight Navy - released 9/15/1999

AJ IV Black/Cool Grey - released 11/24/1999

AJ IV White/Chrome (a.k.a. the "Bling Blings", a.k.a the original "quickstrike") - released 4/22/2000 (I believe this to be accurate, but Icouldn't find my receipt)

Originally Posted by MJFan75

The production tag on the Retro V's do say '99 though...So technically they ARE from '99 even if the release was in 2000...So actually he should have piped down because you both right in a way..

Cool, so that means I got some '07 XX3s.

Originally Posted by jonny1200

^^^ YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And you are wrong. You forgot the Oreo's.

I don't have a problem with young'ns calling them by either 99 or 2000. I call em either 2000 or retro. NOW I DO HAVE A PROBLEM, A BIG PROBLEM WITHYOUNGN'S WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL CALLING THE 99 IV'S AND 2000 V'S, OG! STOP IT. THEY ARE NOT OG'S AND NEVER WILL BE. Cased closed.

Its funny you bring up the year,because 98% of the people on here call them the "99 Vs",pffft,don't beleive me?,check the buy/selllounge,hell...check any post that gotta do with em.yall are both right,more so you tho.....

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by jonny1200

^^^ YOU ARE WRONG!!!

And you are wrong. You forgot the Oreo's.

I don't have a problem with young'ns calling them by either 99 or 2000. I call em either 2000 or retro. NOW I DO HAVE A PROBLEM, A BIG PROBLEM WITH YOUNGN'S WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL CALLING THE 99 IV'S AND 2000 V'S, OG! STOP IT. THEY ARE NOT OG'S AND NEVER WILL BE. Cased closed.

i have a problem with people calling the black/grey 4's "oreos"...

Back
Top Bottom