why is DWade on JB?

It is all about Marketing. JB is trying to appeal to the newer generation which is where they are failing right now. They know that they need a current player who is marketable to wear the shoes on the court.

I think it's good for JB to have a great player like him be the catalyst for the signature shoe since MJ doesn't play anymore. And now that they aren't numbered anymore they need someone really good to show off the flagship model every year. So in that respect it's a very smart move. It's just too bad that the first shoe he gets to promote is such a nasty, garbage looking, hole in the side shoe. But I think he'll be a good main face for JB.

Originally Posted by avrnrgy

It is all about Marketing. JB is trying to appeal to the newer generation which is where they are failing right now. They know that they need a current player who is marketable to wear the shoes on the court.
I completely disagree with you on JB failing to appeal to the newer generation.
Go to your local mall during the summer, all you will see on their feet are Team Jordans/Fusions, and Nike Blazers now.

Why is D-Wade on JB? That can be asked to all the other JB athletes really.
I personally think he can branch off and have his own sig, but hes basically the new face of the Brand.

He's basically Jordan Brand's "IT" player who will market and campaign their newest sigs/team shoes because Melo and CP3 all have their own sigs.
No other Jordan Brand athlete is as dominant as D-Wade right now and he was basically the only Top 5 NBA player that wasn't apart of a powerhouse Brand.

Originally Posted by proper english

and is Eddie Jones still with JB? 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
good question. I wonder if he still gets kicks & gear from JB even though he's "retired/unsigned free agent."

sure was
pimp.gif
back in the day though rocking these
jordan_quick6_5.jpg
00035367efc8866019abb1c638a38f1e5577d2a.jpg

Are you guys not seeing this? Brand Jordan is banking everything on Wade.
Wade has a higher status than a signature shoe. Jordan himself picked him to wear the numbered air jordans. Thats the key to the castle.

How you guys don't obviously see this is beyond me.

- Don Juan -

ps: I think the shoe is so-so, I dont like Wade too much...I was just making a business observation for the teenagers on this site.

C.R.E.A.M. Cash Rules everything around me, cream get the money. Dolla dolla bills yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by D0NNNJUANNN

Are you guys not seeing this? Brand Jordan is banking everything on Wade.
Wade has a higher status than a signature shoe and thats why they gave him another man's signature shoe to endorse instead. Jordan himself picked him to wear the numbered air jordans. Thats the key to being jordan's man servant.

How you guys don't obviously see this is beyond me.

- Don Juan -

ps: I think the shoe is so-so, I dont like Wade too much...I was just making a business observation for the teenagers on this site.

fixed for you

Y'all are pretty funny with your responses. But on the real, think about it. JB's sales of their Signature shoe sucked real hard last year. The 2K9 was the worst sig shoe since the XV. Seriously. That thing was hideous. Everytime I see it I cringe. So with that, instead of realizing they designed a fugly shoe, JB thought - "How can we sell our bread and butter to the people?" Kobe, LeBron, Melo all have their own shoe line. Who else in the elite of the league doesn't? D-Wade. They figure they could bring in the biggest free agent in the sponsor game, coupled with the legend that is Tinker, and come out with a winner. And besides the first White/Red/Black colorway (if the toebox was patent it would look 500 x better), the 2010 is looking pretty good (See Blk/Uni Blue colorway).

It ain't rocket science. JB thinks exposure by a top player = sales. What they don't realize is that no one will be able to fill MJ's shoes. I'm glad they got D-Wade though. It's always great to see him ball.

Super off topic, but anyone see Ronny Turiaf reject Kobe's dunk the other week? Super Nasty. Now they shoulda signed him after that block.
roll.gif
JK...

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by avrnrgy

I completely disagree with you on JB failing to appeal to the newer generation.
Go to your local mall during the summer, all you will see on their feet are Team Jordans/Fusions, and Nike Blazers now.

Why is D-Wade on JB? That can be asked to all the other JB athletes really.
I personally think he can branch off and have his own sig, but hes basically the new face of the Brand.

He's basically Jordan Brand's "IT" player who will market and campaign their newest sigs/team shoes because Melo and CP3 all have their own sigs.
No other Jordan Brand athlete is as dominant as D-Wade right now and he was basically the only Top 5 NBA player that wasn't apart of a powerhouse Brand.
At least in my area, Jordans are bought by adults only.  You never see many kids sporting J's.  Just my humble opinion.

Wade just doesn't look right in Jordans for some reason...I don't know what it is.. probably just not being used to him in them.

Nike bought converse and nike already has lebron and kobe so dwade had to go to JB where else would he go? Adidas?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I think Jordan Brand members should not have their own sig.

They should have their own PE's of what JB releases.

I mean do the majority of JB consumers really buy CP3's? 
I 2nd that

i think ray allen be rockin the best pe jays them black and green  12's were amazin but also d wade gone b just fine on jb he just needs to rock the retros instead of them  16.5's lol

Why wouldn't JB want Wade?

You acting like he's a bum or something SMh

Originally Posted by nickgotmoney07

i think ray allen be rockin the best pe jays them black and green  12's were amazin but also d wade gone b just fine on jb he just needs to rock the retros instead of them  16.5's lol

Agree. Wade needs to step it up.

Well after Jordan, there was always the search for the "next Jordan" the centerpiece to lead the brand into the future.  They actually thought Melo would be it, since Nike signed Lebron, but with various legal/image problems, not to mention a lack of marketability, JB went to look for another spokesperson. 
Thats where CP3 came into the picture.  He was one of the hottest point guards, and already gained alot of notoriety from stories like his 61 pt highschool game in honor of his grandfather. 

So with CP3, we have Melo knocked down a notch, and CP3 becomes the main JB athlete.  Thats why they pushed the 23 with him so hard.  The intention was always for the successor of Mike (supposedly CP3) to take over the "Jordan line". Enter Dwade.

Wade's always been the player that JB coveted.  So now in JB's eyes... Wade = Jordan.  Jordan 2010 = Dwade 1.  

Back
Top Bottom