why is it ok to put 'NIKE AIR' on the back of bootleggish AFJordans?

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

what im sayin is..just like converse is nike...jordan brand is nike also..i know this....BUT Jordan Brand is Jordan Brand...so of course there not gonna put Nike Air..itz not nike air anymore..once agian..itz common sense

I guess that makes sense.

no one outside of us cares if they have nike air or not. time has passed by now its been 20 years since the first nike air jordan came out. kids dont knowabout jordan on the court. i was born in 1989 so i seen him in the end of his run. its a shame shoes with nike air are collectors iteams i see jordans likestar wars every generation should see how the original version. then his dad can be like yeah man i had those when they first came out and i got them againwhen they came back out again they look just how they did 20 years ago. like when my pops seen my retro fire red 3's and military IVs he was like''boy these feel like wal mart specials i remember when jordans had the best leather and suede next to a dress shoe and they held up for ever''so if a older white male can say that then G got the game ished up.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

When I contacted G, I told him the point of view from true collectors and my main point was that "the tag never lies". But it's his decision, and he made it clear on the direction that Brand Jordan is taking concerning Nike Air. The words I'd like you all to pay attention to is the "never say never" in his quote. JB is a money driven company and best believe if customers let the Brand know what they want by attacking sales numbers, then there may be hope for things to change. The catch is that power of the jumpman is so established, I doubt that a minor detail like the logo would keep people from buying, even the frustrated cumstomers like myself.
I believe people will still buy regardless of what JB puts out. Although most who've grown up watching MJ play or who've been into sneakers forawhile wouldnt purchase a pair of bootleg low end J's/ high cost air forces.. there is no rational for releasing all these bootleg Vs and IIIs when theretroes just came out and/or are coming out soon, but to squeeze a dollar out of the consumer who doesnt have the patience or knowledge of what's reallygoing on right now in the sneaker market.

I remember a convo I had with my neighbor once.. a kid finishing high school next year.. He thought that Jordans with 'Nike Air' on it were fake orbootleg.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I didnt say anything, since he doesnt know better .. like most of yall saying that all this is whining.
Trust me..if JB could put some halfway decent retroes and offshoot frankenstein nu retroes I wouldnt be writing.. but I've seen fakes with better colorwaysand some even more relevant to MJ/JB than this... seriously what inspires this? please dont tell me its a NC thing
aj-force-5-blue-chill-main.jpg

give me these minus clear toes, ha
a0dlkk.jpg

what im sayin is..just like converse is nike...jordan brand is nike also
not really. Nike bought converse, but there were already established on their own.

Jordan Brand evolves from within Nike. Just as Kobes and lebrons are all Nike, Jordans were, and still are, all Nike. They just have a division WITHIN Nike.

example:

I work as a stocker at Finishline. When we get a shipment, there is a manifest of everything in it. On the manifest, each item has a vendor, or company thatproduces it.

Do you think the jordans have JB as their vendor??? nope it's Nike USA just like all of the other Nikes.

In the stockroom, everything within a department is separated by brand. There is no Jordan Brand dept. They go right with the Nikes.

For all of the Jordan products we carry, there is no evidence of the existance of Jordan Brand, it's all under Nike. Shoes, apparel, socks, wristbands,laces, everything.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

what im sayin is..just like converse is nike...jordan brand is nike also..i know this....BUT Jordan Brand is Jordan Brand...so of course there not gonna put Nike Air..itz not nike air anymore..once agian..itz common sense

pretty much............what can u do?

This is JB's response to people asking for Nike Air to be put back on Jordans.

That's what I think, anyway...

Nike Air is gone. The excuse may be for the collectors, but they are not the ones that drive the brand. Collectors are not the average consumer of Jordanproducts. I'm confused, but I have long since moved on.

And why would they bring Nike Air back when all the retros with a jumpman are outselling the originals?

As for the fusions having Nike Air, it's a Nike and JB collaboration. It's that simple.

has any of you nimrods ever thought that maybe Mike himself wants the retro's to have hisjumpman??????????????? gosh this is becoming pathetic.

becuz its an air force/jb collab... the nike air represents the air force 1 portion of the shoe.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

who cares....it really isn't a big deal.....people whine way too much about this

my thoughts exactlly

who cares as long as jb makes more jordan i'm happy.stop the whining. would you prefer nothing.

B/C this is from Nike not just a Jordan Brand only shoe. Man I still never understood why the Nike Air is such a big deal, I mean it doesn't make the shoe.

THESE ARE NIKES NOT JORDANS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! STOP POSTING THIS CRAP

JB is different thanks good night

Originally Posted by Irokwel23

JB is NIKE INC. Beaverton Oregon check the dmp boxes and the cdp boxes. I dont agree that JB is its own sole corporate entity. Just my thoughts: If you got a problem on your jays etc. you holla at Nike BIZ.com or Nike customer service. Or if you want to get to than man in charge you got to hit Beaverton,OR...Bottom line is Nike owns JB but allows Gentry the man in charge of the JB division to do as he pleases. Why Gentry dont retro the kicks true to originals is beyond me but I agree that if they kickz sat around and didnt sell then JB would tell Gentry to GO FISHING! But the $h1t sells and Nike INC views him an asset. so things dont change cause the man GENTRY ultimately says that BS about collectors. NEWSFLASH GENTRY WE ARE THE COLLECTORS D**B ***. MY 99 joints are beat both oreo and black cements. On the CDP box is this speech about thanking the loyal Jordan ambassodors for all their loyalty BLAH..BLAH BLAH. But then he make the comment bout preserving the OG's for collectors?? HUH.. WHAT? Is it that much to ask really?? to bring back the true to originals but CDP version for the 23rd year?? OG's with the OG jays will always know they have Originals from that year and worth far more than a 2008 retro thats just true to the origianls!! Just my thoughts again sorry If I'm venting but I been a doing this for a while and JB should bring back the REAL kickz that MJ wore when he busted that shot in EHLO's eye.. ONE LOVE NT
yeah JB is its own entity with its own financial plans and contracts. Nike would have never created a JB except that Jordan negotiated this around thetimejordans SHOULD HAVE STOPPED. nike is not gonna give away millions of dollars in profits or contractual loopholes so that you can have 7 letters on theback of your 125.00 J's

This is what G told me yesterday when I asked him if Nike Air would be put on Jordan Retros
Never say never but as long as I'm around, I don't plan on it. Want to reward
the early collectors for being smart enough to collect, way back in the day!

Hope that's clear enough for you.

What kind of $@%$*+$$ comment is that? This is why I can never like the dude for what's he's doing, and I'll continue to lose all respect forthis man, if not all respect is lost towards him anyways.

You don't see the head of Nike saying: "From now on, I don't want these Air Max to have Nike Air because I want to reward the collectors whocollected early, way back in the day. We'll just put that LE or Air Max wherever it says Nike Air. And let's change the mold, shape, and toebox higherso it can look like a hi top."
smh.gif

Just quit the biatch'n already. It is now a bran of it's own, they want to establish that. It used to be a Nike Air Jordan, it is now a Jordan BrandJordan. It's that flippin' easy. The big issue here should be the quality of these retro's not whether or not it says Nike Air on it or A Jumpman.The quality of these shoes are garbage compared to the OG versions. The Jumpman symbol is suppose to signify greatness and excellence, it is suppose to be theCadillac of the shoe game but instead they're merely replicas of the real thing. Basically all retro's are fakes because they're nothing like theoriginals. Yes we who remember the original Air Jordan with Nike Air on it can say that it might look better with the Nike Air on it instead, but it'snever gonna happen again, that's the truth. These Hybrid Force/Jordans have the Nike Air on it because it is exactly that a Hybrid of a Nike Air Force 1and a Jordan Brand Air Jordan, period.

Originally Posted by flight415

Just quit the biatch'n already. It is now a bran of it's own, they want to establish that. It used to be a Nike Air Jordan, it is now a Jordan Brand Jordan. It's that flippin' easy. The big issue here should be the quality of these retro's not whether or not it says Nike Air on it or A Jumpman. The quality of these shoes are garbage compared to the OG versions. The Jumpman symbol is suppose to signify greatness and excellence, it is suppose to be the Cadillac of the shoe game but instead they're merely replicas of the real thing. Basically all retro's are fakes because they're nothing like the originals. Yes we who remember the original Air Jordan with Nike Air on it can say that it might look better with the Nike Air on it instead, but it's never gonna happen again, that's the truth. These Hybrid Force/Jordans have the Nike Air on it because it is exactly that a Hybrid of a Nike Air Force 1 and a Jordan Brand Air Jordan, period.

Agree but what are those words again in the bottom of the JORDAN box? Oh yeah, that's right.

Nike Air and the swoosh.
wink.gif

GMC and Chevy are made from the same company, but you don't see Chevrolet on a GMC or vice versa. WHY? They each want to establish their own name. JordanBrand is a Division of Nike, but it is it's own brand. Samething with my car company reference. I don't know why dude's don't just soak upgame, instead they gotta be smart a--'s about everything.

ok.. first JB takes the Nike Air off the back and bottoms, then they reuse and mutate old designs... then they start reusing original Jordan colorblocking tomake you think you're wearing real Jordans.. and they throw in some random acid trip carpet ride color scheme that'll blow your mind!!!!!!!!!!

This is what G told me yesterday when I asked him if Nike Air would be put on Jordan Retros

anyone that "collected" but not worn them... now can't, because they'll crumble.

anyone that "collected" them but wears them has a beat pair...

how does his statement not pertain to himself only?
eyes.gif

Even though I have been in this "hobby" (for lack of a better term) for the past 10 years I must say that the entire Nike Air thing is not a big dealto me, although I can see why it is for some. I personally have a problem with the declining quality, all the while the price has steadily increased. Idon't really buy that many Jordans or shoes in general anymore, kinda bored with JB not to mention other things are far more important than a pair ofshoes.

Originally Posted by bengleu22

Nike Air is gone. The excuse may be for the collectors, but they are not the ones that drive the brand. Collectors are not the average consumer of Jordan products. I'm confused, but I have long since moved on.

And why would they bring Nike Air back when all the retros with a jumpman are outselling the originals?

As for the fusions having Nike Air, it's a Nike and JB collaboration. It's that simple.

same company, guy.
laugh.gif

Supermanblue79 wrote:

I don't believe this BS at all. This is the same dude who said there will be no retro of the 2s or 10s. And what happens? We get both.

Back
Top Bottom