why is it ok to put 'NIKE AIR' on the back of bootleggish AFJordans?

and not on actual Jordans?
is it stated in some contract or does JB have to pay royalties if the shoe looks exactly the same as the original???
someone pleeeeeease tell me
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

orangefusion5.jpg

fireredforceheel.jpg

???????????????????????

No one said JB wasn't smart with what they're doing. Why bring back NIKE AIR when you can sell junk to the sheep at a higher price. Until shoes sit onshelves this won't change.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

who cares....it really isn't a big deal.....people whine way too much about this
because the original design on Js was never intended to look like that.. i dont know if Tinker has say anymore
and MJ himself could care less now he's out of the game and still stacking, watching numbers get bigger
but its like someone decided to 'remix' the statue of liberty to make the %##*% more modern, throw some heels and extensions on that ho and who gives a*%%!

Originally Posted by 3thaman

No one said JB wasn't smart with what they're doing. Why bring back NIKE AIR when you can sell junk to the sheep at a higher price. Until shoes sit on shelves this won't change.

yeah yeah.. but why put the Nike Air on forces and not on actual J's?

It's definitely a money thing..

No one said JB wasn't smart with what they're doing. Why bring back NIKE AIR when you can sell junk to the sheep at a higher price. Until shoes sit on shelves this won't change.
^^^ sad but true

Until shoes sit on shelves this won't change.
It's slowly starting though...alot of LS crap is on clearance, and they finally had to move the both 15's onto regular ndc because theyblew it with flight club...even the highly coveted packs are still in stores because people are starting to realize they are being duped...these packs thissummer will be telling for sure at just how much damage that clown has done to this Brand....Will people really keep buying a shoe they have no interest injust to get an "official" retro that looks just like the fakes they can get for $75 down the block.....I hope Not....

The only bright spot is that when the brand does finally lose all its respect they will have to drop all the shoes we want with nike air on them with goodmaterials just to save some face...but they'll probably charge $310 for one pair by then....

I can't believe people that Gentry is actually taunting the public with this stuff....things change, leave conspiracy theories alone

This is what G told me yesterday when I asked him if Nike Air would be put on Jordan Retros
Never say never but as long as I'm around, I don't plan on it. Want to reward
the early collectors for being smart enough to collect, way back in the day!

Hope that's clear enough for you.

............its an air force shoe, not an actual jordan -_-

n im pretty sure this is "TABOO" sooo lock it up mods
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

This is what G told me yesterday when I asked him if Nike Air would be put on Jordan Retros

guy is buying into this collecting thing way too much.. just put out quality stuff without all the wacked out politics and preteen persuasions and leteveryone live

I can understand it from a real collectors point of view.. but damn.. put out some retro + that actually look nice and bless us once in awhile with a trueretro

i'm done tho..i know there's too many threads %%%#+$#$ on this topic

mods need to keep one up though.. just to raise awareness

hail

550cb8.jpg

For the life of me I still don't get this. So how were they taking care of collectors in 94-95,99-01? Did they not put out retro's with NikeAir then?
If back in 94 when the III's came out and they had a jumpman and they said this is the way it's going to be because we're taking care of thecollectors I guess I can understand it. But that dog don't hunt now, you did it up to 7 years ago, so what collectors are you talking about.
smh.gif

For the life of me I still don't get this. So how were they taking care of collectors in 94-95,99-01? Did they not put out retro's with Nike Air then?
If back in 94 when the III's came out and they had a jumpman and they said this is the way it's going to be because we're taking care of the collectors I guess I can understand it. But that dog don't hunt now, you did it up to 7 years ago, so what collectors are you talking about.
smh.gif

co-sign with 3 that's a very valid point he makes...unless "way bacc in the day" Gentry meant '99-'01
eyes.gif

I'm pissed cuz when I first started collecting in '98 I copped all the Retro+ with Jumpman on the bacc cuz I was new to the game and didn't wear orcollect them growing up...so I thought the Nike Air threw the whole shoe off...but since seeing some of the re-Retros (Metallic V etc.) and seeing thedifference a Jumpman makes, I'm siding with the old-schoolers on this it really is a letdown...but it doesn't stop me from coppin a colorway I wantthough...

Personally I don't care if its Nike Air or the Jumpman on it. But some make a HUGE deal about it. Let's be realistic here, it's probably not goingto happen. Live with it and move on to the next pet peeve.

I'm sure it has to do with brand recognition. It's a jordan product, so why revert back to Nike Air when you already have your own logo?

im getting tired of people talkin bout this...UMM...the retros we rock today allllllllll belong to Jordan Brand...itz mikes company..so why wouldnt he markethis logo on the back...itz not Nike Air anymore..u all kno that!....now with the Fusions ..last time i checked it was a combo of Jordan/Air Force 1..which iswhy u have a Jumpman logo PLUS a Nike Air logo.......come on yall stop askin that question when itz common sense.....

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

im getting tired of people talkin bout this...UMM...the retros we rock today allllllllll belong to Jordan Brand...itz mikes company..so why wouldnt he market his logo on the back...itz not Nike Air anymore..u all kno that!....now with the Fusions ..last time i checked it was a combo of Jordan/Air Force 1..which is why u have a Jumpman logo PLUS a Nike Air logo.......come on yall stop askin that question when itz common sense.....

Lord, Don't get me started on this.
tired.gif
You need to go look at thebottom of one of your Jordan boxes and see what company is on there before you make a comment like that.
I guess the conversation went like this.

Mike " Phil I was thinking about taking the Air Jordan line and making my own company separate from Nike, what do you think?"

Phil Knight " Well Mike, you make us millions every year, your our No. 1 seller and bailed the company out in the beginning when we were struggling, surewhat the hell. We're doing great business at our outlets with our recent releases so go ahead and keep all that profit for yourself."

co-sign with 3 that's a very valid point he makes...unless "way bacc in the day" Gentry meant '99-'01
eyes.gif

Yes. G has referred to '99-'01 more than once as "way back in the day"
For the life of me I still don't get this. So how were they taking care of collectors in 94-95,99-01? Did they not put out retro's with Nike Air then?

I'm with you. But the decision has been made and there's nothing that we can do about it unless we can convince G and the rest of the execsotherwise.
guy is buying into this collecting thing way too much.. just put out quality stuff without all the wacked out politics and preteen persuasions and let everyone live

That's all that I want from the Brand
I can't speak for G, but from a business standpoint product placing Jordans as limited collectables instead of just shoes brings in many more millions ofdollars every year. When that gimmick plays out, then there be another strategy to take its place to keep the dollars pouring in.

When I contacted G, I told him the point of view from true collectors and my main point was that "the tag never lies". But it'shis decision, and he made it clear on the direction that Brand Jordan is taking concerning Nike Air. The words I'd like you all to pay attention to is the"never say never" in his quote. JB is a money driven company and best believe if customers let the Brand know what they want by attacking salesnumbers, then there may be hope for things to change. The catch is that power of the jumpman is so established, I doubt that a minor detail like the logowould keep people from buying, even the frustrated cumstomers like myself.

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

yeah yeah.. but why put the Nike Air on forces and not on actual J's?

It's definitely a money thing..

I agree its definitely something that has to do with money.

what im sayin is..just like converse is nike...jordan brand is nike also..i know this....BUT Jordan Brand is Jordan Brand...so of course there not gonna putNike Air..itz not nike air anymore..once agian..itz common sense

Back
Top Bottom