Why is Kanye west so angry at Jimmy Kimmel?

reaching Son ....

that aint the same when a dude even goes out of his way to pick up a freaking accent .....

Come on Son!

I don't respect any man that actually think his a GOD!

No matter how anyone looks at it, IMHO Kanye think and believes his better than anyone and everyone .....

You just dont go around claiming you are GOD and actually believe people are equal to you!
What wrong with saying you're a God? What if he thinks everybody is the god of their own life/destiny? Thats what I was getting from him.
this is what i got from it too, but since it was kanye that said it people are going to assume that he thinks that he is the one and only god.

it fits right in with his persona

Most people won't admit it, but they fear a man that calls himself god because they truly resent the inequity they feel when they compare their life and lack of passion it has.

Most people won't admit it, but they fear a man that calls himself god because they truly resent the inequity they feel when they compare their life and lack of passion it has.
yeah yeah... no

i doubt many if any feel that way when someone calls himself a god

Inequity about a dude who is insecure enough to go on a profane tirade after being caricatured in a sketch.

Not I sir. Not I.

Dude is a good artist. A dope producer ect, but he thinks his movement is much bigger than it actually is, and a vocal minority perpetuate that myth.

His impact begins and ends at his music. He thinks of himself as some black icon, but in his major interest (fashion), black people want nothing to do with the **** he does for the most part (skirts, $300 white tees, leather sweats, Pastelle lol)

Dope artist for sure though. College Dropout is my favorite album of all time, and I can even recognize the artistry in the music that I dont care for.

I really feel like Kanye would find many more doors open for him if he learned to laugh at himself once in awhile

yeah yeah... no

i doubt many if any feel that way when someone calls himself a god
Honestly that post was just a wordy translation of "you just hating cause you jealous"

Last edited:

He thinks of himself as some black icon, but in his major interest (fashion), black people want nothing to do with the **** he does for the most part (skirts, $300 white tees, leather sweats, Pastelle lol)

He thinks of himself as some black icon, but in his major interest (fashion), black people want nothing to do with the **** he does for the most part (skirts, $300 white tees, leather sweats, Pastelle lol)
You're a fool if you don't think Kanye is a black icon.  What Kanye represents may not resonate amongst your own values but he has every reason to feel the way he does.  Ye has some of the biggest stans of all time, good and bad.  Truth is....more black people would want everything to do with what Ye' represents if they could afford it.  Every other rapper in the game dresses the same fam, leather this, high end shoe this.  It's style now, and it's the reasons stores like Zara exist.  Black people want everything to do with what Kanye represents maybe not so much Kanye himself.

I'm black, 23 and most of my friends are black.  Grew up in the hood. ****, I go to Howard now.  The general consensus i've noticed is people from all environments check for everything that man does wether for good reasons or not.  

I just think it's funny how most people resent the fact he called himself a god, yet the people who do are usually Christians. I'm not saying most members on the board are Christians, but most Americans are and he received a lot of back lash for the "I am a god" sentiment so I'm working on assumptions.

Nonetheless, in the bible it clearly states
" said,
“You are gods,
sons of the Most High, all of you;"

So kanye being a self professed Christian, it's wrong for him to reflect his beliefs in his music?

On a philosophical level, what's wrong with the man thinking he's a god? What's wrong with someone believing they're the one true architect of their universe? What's wrong with saying I know there's a lot of things I can't prove but I know I can prove that I have control over this thing called life and I'm going to make the most of it and count on myself cause I know that's what's most reliable?

I'm no kanye Stan, and willingly admit he has been an *** in some situations. But I respect that mans passion and his vision for self belief

So like someone up there said, I do think a lot of people are hating cause they're jealous. Not cause the money or any of the materialistic stuff. Rather for the self belief and passion that he has for life.

We live in a world where people are constantly looking for the negatives to focus. When mass media shoves it down our throats we are pretty much programmed to think that's how it's supposed to be.

If you think the world sucks; you're right.

If you think the world is beautiful; you're right.

Just depends on what you wanna focus on.

I just think it's funny how most people resent the fact he called himself a god, yet the people who do are usually Christians. I'm not saying most members on the board are Christians, but most Americans are and he received a lot of back lash for the "I am a god" sentiment so I'm working on assumptions.

" said,
“You are gods,

So kanye being a self professed Christian, it's wrong for him to reflect his beliefs in his music?

On a philosophical level, what's wrong with the man thinking he's a god? What's wrong with someone believing they're the one true architect of their universe? What's wrong with saying I know there's a lot of things I can't prove but I know I can prove that I have control over this thing called life and I'm going to make the most of it and count on myself cause I know that's what's most reliable?

I'm no kanye Stan, and willingly admit he has been an *** in some situations. But I respect that mans passion and his vision for self belief

So like someone up there said, I do think a lot of people are hating cause they're jealous. Not cause the money or any of the materialistic stuff. Rather for the self belief and passion that he has for life.

We live in a world where people are constantly looking for the negatives to focus. When mass media shoves it down our throats we are pretty much programmed to think that's how it's supposed to be.

" said,
“You are gods,

thats the modern english verison you quoted

the og version was "ye are gods"

so it was actually talking about kanye

" said,
“You are gods,

thats the modern english verison you quoted

the og version was "ye are gods"

so it was actually talking about kanye
kanyelaugh.png

Last edited:

You're a fool if you don't think Kanye is a black icon.  What Kanye represents may not resonate amongst your own values but he has every reason to feel the way he does.  Ye has some of the biggest stans of all time, good and bad.  Truth is....more black people would want everything to do with what Ye' represents if they could afford it.  Every other rapper in the game dresses the same fam, leather this, high end shoe this.  It's style now, and it's the reasons stores like Zara exist.  Black people want everything to do with what Kanye represents maybe not so much Kanye himself.

I'm black, 23 and most of my friends are black.  Grew up in the hood. ****, I go to Howard now.  The general consensus i've noticed is people from all environments check for everything that man does wether for good reasons or not.  
um Zara is a Spanish store thats been around since 1974....so no, Kanye has nothing to do with that.

And to your other point, if that makes sense, then that would mean Jim Jones/Juelz and Cam are as big of icons as Ye.  Why does Kanye have every reason to feel the way he does?  He definitely has the right, but the reason?  Nah.  Most of his hype is self created, he has made good music, but outside of that what impact has he really had?  Got dudes to rock leather skirts?  Fail.  Tried to pimp the fashion of his own demographic by slapping some labels on it and selling it at a 20x markup?  Fail.  People check for him because he's a lightning rod and controversy sells, not because he is some great black icon/leader of the times.

He is what Jim Jones was in the early 2000s, except from the other side of the tracks.  Incredibly talented, and incredibly conflicted, with a misguided notion about his own movement.  He just had vision to take his talents to other arena's that are as far from black culture as anything in the world could be (there is NOTHING wrong with that btw). He also happens to be articulate, and fashionable so people want to give him a forum to speak his mind because they know it will bump ratings.   But you have to be ignorant to think that his whining and temper tantrums because modern industry doesnt take him seriously makes him more "passionate" than anyone else who takes their craft seriously.

Most of these Kanye stans can't even tell you why Nelson Mandela or Ben Carson are big deals.  Dude made great, relatable music for his first few albums, then he made great (I dont like it, but I can understand why people do) music for his last few, I get that.  And I get why people love him as an artist, but thats where it ends, for me at least.

Like dude said earlier, and I've quoted him.  Dude sees himself as some black icon, but would sell his soul for approval by the European fashion community.  Dude isn't out here trying to make an impact in black America, nor does he need to, he doesnt owe anybody anything...but his riders treat him like Malcolm X or something lol

um Zara is a Spanish store thats been around since 1974....so no, Kanye has nothing to do with that.

And to your other point, if that makes sense, then that would mean Jim Jones/Juelz and Cam are as big of icons as Ye.  Why does Kanye have every reason to feel the way he does?  He definitely has the right, but the reason?  Nah.  Most of his hype is self created, he has made good music, but outside of that what impact has he really had?  Got dudes to rock leather skirts?  Fail.  Tried to pimp the fashion of his own demographic by slapping some labels on it and selling it at a 20x markup?  Fail.  People check for him because he's a lightning rod and controversy sells, not because he is some great black icon/leader of the times.

He is what Jim Jones was in the early 2000s, except from the other side of the tracks.  Incredibly talented, and incredibly conflicted, with a misguided notion about his own movement.  He just had vision to take his talents to other arena's that are as far from black culture as anything in the world could be (there is NOTHING wrong with that btw). He also happens to be articulate, and fashionable so people want to give him a forum to speak his mind because they know it will bump ratings.   But you have to be ignorant to think that his whining and temper tantrums because modern industry doesnt take him seriously makes him more "passionate" than anyone else who takes their craft seriously.

Most of these Kanye stans can't even tell you why Nelson Mandela or Ben Carson are big deals.  Dude made great, relatable music for his first few albums, then he made great (I dont like it, but I can understand why people do) music for his last few, I get that.  And I get why people love him as an artist, but thats where it ends, for me at least.

Like dude said earlier, and I've quoted him.  Dude sees himself as some black icon, but would sell his soul for approval by the European fashion community.  Dude isn't out here trying to make an impact in black America, nor does he need to, he doesnt owe anybody anything...but his riders treat him like Malcolm X or something lol
Being from NY, yes Jim Jones and the rest of the dip are just as much black icons...on a micro level of urban community.

In my personal opinion, Kanye is a black man trying to do stuff a black man has never done in a predominately white mans industry.  So yea, I would consider him a black icon but not for something that directly effects the black sociodemographic.

You really just said kanye was jim jones?
essentially.  Not as far as who they are as a person, but as far as some of their antics.

Jim Jones was doing his tight pants, fitted shirts, belt buckle ******** in 06, in which he changed fashion for a huge segment of hip hop.  He was on a misson to prove his street cred, documenting everything with camera crews, trying to be a lightning rod in the media.  He failed.

Kanye has been pitching high end fashion instead of Jims rock star terrible look.  But as far as making himself a controversial figure, and having a camera on him all the time, and purposely trying to make himself look bigger than he actually is, sure.  The difference is that Kanye has made much more timeless music than Jimmy.

Jim Jones may have been a poor example, but I'm sure yall can see where I'm coming from in that whole post

I'm glad you actually took the time out to explain it with reason.

I see what you're trying to say. Rather then try and belittle it and say it's completely out of left field, I actually agree. To add on to your thought though, I think that connection between jimmy and kanye is a connection that all humans have. Everyone has something unique they'd like to offer the world. Difference is most people more or less give up when they're shot down. Again which is why I say I respect Kanyes passion. Who cares if it's for leather pants, or freaking leather basketball nets. Imagine if politicians attacked government problems with that type of conviction and care for their craft. The world would be a better place.

I dunno what planet you live on but :rofl: @ black people wanting do everything Kanye represents ... Look at the crowd of any Kanye concert.... 90% white kids

Whos wearing skirts ? 90% white kids

Whos wearing leather joggers 90% white kids

Whos wearing Nike Yeezys 90% white kids

The only black kids into this **** are suburbanites with 90% white friends

I dunno what planet you live on but :rofl: @ black people wanting do everything Kanye represents ... Look at the crowd of any Kanye concert.... 90% white kids

Could easily debunk your argument by saying whose doing it versus who can afford it

I'm glad you actually took the time out to explain it with reason.

I see what you're trying to say. Rather then try and belittle it and say it's completely out of left field, I actually agree. To add on to your thought though, I think that connection between jimmy and kanye is a connection that all humans have. Everyone has something unique they'd like to offer the world. Difference is most people more or less give up when they're shot down. Again which is why I say I respect Kanyes passion. Who cares if it's for leather pants, or freaking leather basketball nets. Imagine if politicians attacked government problems with that type of conviction and care for their craft. The world would be a better place.
I'm not mad at Kanye for being passionate, but I feel like people don't take him seriously specifically because he takes himself so seriously.

This is the dude who bogarted Taylor Swift's speech on national television to speak his mind, but gets mad at other media outlets when they arent trying to hear what he's saying.  Dude would go a long way if he just learned to laugh it off/laugh at himself once in awhile, and understand that every idea isn't a good idea.

But back to Jim Jones, under his resume he has

Broadway

Fashion (horrible, but alot of people might say the same about Kanye's ventures, its all subjective)

Acting (State Property 2, and Season 5 of the Wire)

Reality TV

Sports Management

And obviously, most of those are failed ventures.  Now I dont think anyone would say that Jimmy isn't passionate about what he does, but he was also never on as big of a stage as Ye.  When you're in the limelight for so long, and people can't relate to you, you're bound to gain some critics.  People criticize Hov, but the difference is, Hov doesnt feel the need to confront all of his critics, and go on Twitter tirades when he feels slighted.

I dunno what planet you live on but
roll.gif
@ black people wanting do everything Kanye represents ... Look at the crowd of any Kanye concert.... 90% white kids

Could easily debunk your argument by saying whose doing it versus who can afford it
I disagree. 

You see prominent black entertainers draped from head to toe in Versace, Fendi, Prada, Gucci.  Leather sweats/joggers/yeezy's/skirts?  Mostly the white suburban crowd.

And if you take it out of the celebrity stage, you see black people with money all over the country, whether legitimate, or drug dealer dudes rocking the most expensive designer brands, so I think money can be taken out of the equation.  If its something that people want, they'll get it.  

lol@kanye is the reason Zara is big....

no... kanye is the reason YOUR circle shops at Zara.
Dudes are subjectively projecting their trend following habits onto the rest of the population.

Back
Top Bottom