Why is Kanye west so angry at Jimmy Kimmel?

Finally watched the interview and I'm honestly at a loss for words (maybe not entirely).

1. Kanye is NOT a "visionary." He's just a man with a lot of capital, which affords him the time to indulge in his supposed passions and "think" up all these supposedly forward ideas. He's, honestly, an iteration of the man in Platos cave, which is ironic given the freedoms you would think his finances would allow him.

2. I feel like I can almost predict his trajectory as an "artist." He's actively courting a self-destruction of sorts because he's convinced that a destructive and antagonistic (with society in general) path is necessary for and common to all creative and "misunderstood geniuses" (fyi: I'm not even declaring that he IS a creative genius, just stating that HE thinks he is).

3. I don't think he has any sensible folks around him. You can tell from this interview that it's all just a bunch of yes men and hype men all about and around him. His mother may have very well been the last and only voice of reason in his adult celebrity life.

I won't waste anymore keystrokes on the guy. Y'all can have at it.

Last edited:
[h1]Kanye West Demanded Public Apology in 'Angry Phone Call' to Jimmy Kimmel[/h1]
9:06 PM PDT 9/26/2013 by Kimberly Nordyke
[h2]The late-night host, who was the subject of the rapper's Twitter tirade on Thursday, says West called him earlier in the day; jokes Kimmel, "Finally, I'm in a rap feud."[/h2]

ABC

Jimmy Kimmel

jimmy_kimmel_a_h.jpg

Jimmy Kimmel  wasted no time in addressing Kanye  West's  angry Twitter tirade  [2] against the late-night host on his show Thursday night.

"Did anyone else get a very angry phone call from Kanye West about an hour and a half ago? Just me? OK. I didn't know if he was mad at all of us," Kimmel said in opening his monologue.

PHOTOS: Kanye West's 20 Most Jaw-Dropping Quotes  [5]

After the commercial break, he revealed that West really had called him in his office earlier in the day.

"He is very angry because of a bit we aired this week," Kimmel explained to his audience. "He gave an interview to the BBC, and we had a kid actor take the words and reenact it. We just had the kid say the stuff Kanye said. And apparently this upset him." 

Kimmel said West gave him two choices, the first being to "apologize publicly."

"And that was really the only choice -- the other choice he gave was 'my life…your life is going to be much better if I apologize,' and then he started tweeting today," Kimmel said. "And I don’t even know if I’ve seen some of these because they’re happening as we speak."

He read some of West's tweets on the air and responded to them.

-- "JIMMY KIMMEL PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES … OH NO THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOO MUCH GOOD ***** IN YOUR LIFE…"

Kimmel's response: "I’ve seen the video. I know."

-- "SHOULD I DO A SPOOF ABOUT YOUR FACE OR YOU ******G BEN AFFLECK…#NODISRESPECTTOBENAFFLECK  [6] #ALLDISRESPECTTOJIMMYKIMMEL  [7]!!!!"

Kimmel's response: "Which, by the way, was a spoof. I don’t know if he thought that was the news."

He added of their phone conversation: "And by the way, he told me on the phone -- and I swear to God this is true-- 'I am the most powerful voice in media. I am PAC.' He said 'PAC' a few times to me. I guess he means Tupac.

Kimmel continued, "He said, 'You will never be able to show your face at a 14-year-old’s high school football game and be cool again!' He really is Pac. I mean that’s right out of the Tupac playbook, isn’t it?"

VIDEO: Kanye West's 'I Am a God' Spoofed By 'SNL' Star: 'I Am a Dog'  [8]

Kimmel said he still isn't sure why West is so angry given that the bit was "pretty innocuous."

"Finally, I’m in a rap feud," he quipped. "I always wanted to be in a rap feud."

He also joked, "Right now we’re at DefKanye Five," and asked Guillermo if he had his back.

Kimmel additionally showed a photo of West posing with Kimmel's dad at a wedding they had all previously attended.

Earlier in the day, West had lashed out at Kimmel after the latter spoofed a recent interview  [3] with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe, wherein West expressed his frustration with getting knocked down in the fashion world and declared himself the "biggest" rock star in the world.

That interview became a talking point in Tuesday's episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live,  where Kimmel highlighted his "favorite" part of West's interview, which he called "weird."

"Does Kanye West know he's not supposed to be his own hype man?" Kimmel asked before showing a snippet of the chat featuring a rambling West.

Kimmel then showed a spoof featuring two kids in the West and Lowe roles -- milkshakes in hand -- via "Kimmel Kid (re)Kreation."

Two days later, West decided to begin his rant, sparking a feud between the duo, with Kimmel assuring his followers that it was not a prank like his recent "twerking fail" video hoax, and that he would explain the whole situation on his show later that night.

Source URL:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kanye-west-jimmy-kimmel-feud-637544

Kanye is the epitome of a man with Narcissism. He thinks just because he thinks of something that it is the greatest thing that has ever been thought of and that no one else has ever thought of it and therefore his ideas should never be rejected. Im sure hes the only person every to have thought of having tvs surrouding you on all sides :rolleyes . Hes mad because a bunch of hypebeasts paid a ridiculous amount for his Yeezys but attributes it to a monstrosity that Nike didnt call him and beg him to collab with him.

He is unstable and needs a psychiatrists help.

Last edited:

[h1]Kanye West Demanded Public Apology in 'Angry Phone Call' to Jimmy Kimmel[/h1]

9:06 PM PDT 9/26/2013 by Kimberly Nordyke
[h2]The late-night host, who was the subject of the rapper's Twitter tirade on Thursday, says West called him earlier in the day; jokes Kimmel, "Finally, I'm in a rap feud."[/h2]

ABC

Jimmy Kimmel

jimmy_kimmel_a_h.jpg

Jimmy Kimmel wasted no time in addressing Kanye West's angry Twitter tirade [2] against the late-night host on his show Thursday night.
"Did anyone else get a very angry phone call from Kanye West about an hour and a half ago? Just me? OK. I didn't know if he was mad at all of us," Kimmel said in opening his monologue.
PHOTOS: Kanye West's 20 Most Jaw-Dropping Quotes [5]
After the commercial break, he revealed that West really had called him in his office earlier in the day.
"He is very angry because of a bit we aired this week," Kimmel explained to his audience. "He gave an interview to the BBC, and we had a kid actor take the words and reenact it. We just had the kid say the stuff Kanye said. And apparently this upset him." 
Kimmel said West gave him two choices, the first being to "apologize publicly."
"And that was really the only choice -- the other choice he gave was 'my life…your life is going to be much better if I apologize,' and then he started tweeting today," Kimmel said. "And I don’t even know if I’ve seen some of these because they’re happening as we speak."
He read some of West's tweets on the air and responded to them.
-- "JIMMY KIMMEL PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES … OH NO THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOO MUCH GOOD ***** IN YOUR LIFE…"
Kimmel's response: "I’ve seen the video. I know."
-- "SHOULD I DO A SPOOF ABOUT YOUR FACE OR YOU ******G BEN AFFLECK…#NODISRESPECTTOBENAFFLECK [6] #ALLDISRESPECTTOJIMMYKIMMEL [7]!!!!"
Kimmel's response: "Which, by the way, was a spoof. I don’t know if he thought that was the news."
He added of their phone conversation: "And by the way, he told me on the phone -- and I swear to God this is true-- 'I am the most powerful voice in media. I am PAC.' He said 'PAC' a few times to me. I guess he means Tupac.
Kimmel continued, "He said, 'You will never be able to show your face at a 14-year-old’s high school football game and be cool again!' He really is Pac. I mean that’s right out of the Tupac playbook, isn’t it?"
VIDEO: Kanye West's 'I Am a God' Spoofed By 'SNL' Star: 'I Am a Dog' [8]
Kimmel said he still isn't sure why West is so angry given that the bit was "pretty innocuous."
"Finally, I’m in a rap feud," he quipped. "I always wanted to be in a rap feud."
He also joked, "Right now we’re at DefKanye Five," and asked Guillermo if he had his back.
Kimmel additionally showed a photo of West posing with Kimmel's dad at a wedding they had all previously attended.
Earlier in the day, West had lashed out at Kimmel after the latter spoofed a recent interview [3] with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe, wherein West expressed his frustration with getting knocked down in the fashion world and declared himself the "biggest" rock star in the world.
That interview became a talking point in Tuesday's episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live, where Kimmel highlighted his "favorite" part of West's interview, which he called "weird."
"Does Kanye West know he's not supposed to be his own hype man?" Kimmel asked before showing a snippet of the chat featuring a rambling West.
Kimmel then showed a spoof featuring two kids in the West and Lowe roles -- milkshakes in hand -- via "Kimmel Kid (re)Kreation."
Two days later, West decided to begin his rant, sparking a feud between the duo, with Kimmel assuring his followers that it was not a prank like his recent "twerking fail" video hoax, and that he would explain the whole situation on his show later that night.
Source URL: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kanye-west-jimmy-kimmel-feud-637544

:pimp: :pimp:

why do you keep bringing Drake up with Kanye?

they are about as different as night and day

Because they are both ultra sensitive and emo. That's why.

They both react differently tho. Ye will kick, scream, and rant. Drake will call your moms and try to let her know how he really feels.

when has drake ever been overly sensitive (except in his music)?
guess you didn't see him crying about da kendrick control verse.... twitteeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr :lol:

Dude straight up sounded like a Valley girl when he said that. you would've thought that interview was with Kirsten Dunst instead of Drake

PLVN :rofl: "would've screamed like Damon Wayans if he was smacked"

Kanye stay speaking the truth.

I'm glad I understand. And I'm glad Kanye is around.

Like dude said, I guess all i owe him is:

"Thank you"

Speaking the truth? I honestly don't can't tell if you're being serious or not, do you care to elaborate? What could you possibly understand? That interview was scary. 

All Kanye West did is make himself look disturbed mentally. He's a therapist's wet dream. He needs help, ASAP. He has the mentality of a 13 year old child who is discovering, for the first time what life is. He thinks everything he's going through has ONLY happened to him, he thinks every idea he has is original, he thinks he's immune to criticism from other artists in his field because he's superior.

Nothing Kanye West has ever said was ground breaking, innovative, or inspiring to anyone. It's just not him. He thinks of himself as a Martin Luther King Jr. but in the grand scheme of things he's just another entertainer who commentates on contemporary pop culture. Him and Jay-Z can buy all the Picasso and Basquiat art work they want, it will never change the fact that he will never be a part of the world he desperately craves attention from.

u wut m8

how does he have the mentality of a 13 year old he was basically saying in the interview that he was frustrated when he never gets credit where its due outside of music because they box him in as just a rapper
ie the yeezys being a huge success plus his LV shoes and then trying to get leather pants to pop off 6 years ago but they would turn him down
and that corny *** spoof wasnt funny :stoneface:

Last edited:
Man there are some long *** responses in here.

I just came in here to say...

**** Ye

The spoof wasn't really that funny.

This whole thing is lame, on Kanye's end and Kimmel's.

The only thing Kanye should have tweeted at Kimmel was 'lol" then he should have just kept it moving.

And this is coming from a Kanye fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect Kanye as an artist but dude is losing it. Angry all the ****ing time. Grow up ..

The guy can't take a joke. Just like all late night hosts, Kimmel pokes fun at media/events/artists/news.

It's entertainment (the thing Kanye got into willingly...he had been trying to be signed) and by being an entertainer, he subjects himself to these types of spoofs.

Roll with the punches and move to Hawaii (think they made a law recently where the paparazzi can't follow/stalk you).

Acting like this just makes him look dumb.

u wut m8

how does he have the mentality of a 13 year old he was basically saying in the interview that he was frustrated when he never gets credit where its due outside of music because they box him in as just a rapper
ie the yeezys being a huge success plus his LV shoes and then trying to get leather pants to pop off 6 years ago but they would turn him down

Says the kanye Stan boy

u wut m8

Says the kanye Stan boy

you're gonna act like i made this up or something? :lol: k ignorant boy

Back
Top Bottom