Why is Popeyes so slow

Brooklyn. There's one in the borough but dumb far.

The closer CFA is actually in the city. Highly unlikely ppl trekking to the city every time just for some chicken.

I didn't know they opened one in BK.

I know of the one by Queens Center Mall, the one in the city by 60th street I think, and another in I believe Hickville that I went to when they first opened up and it was a mess.

Girl behind the counter that brings you the drinks and milkshakes took a milkshake and threw it at the wall/floor when they were doing the opening in Hickville with how hectic it was :smh:

I don't think they got one order right that day and they gave me extra stuff by mistake and I touched the sandwich, but gave it back to them and they took it and gave it to another customer. I felt bad, but it wasn't my fault I wanted to make sure no pickles plus I don't think they saw me touch it.

One thing I like about Chick Fil A is they are never stingy with the sauces.

[QUOTE="putting in work, post: 32409557, member: 39609thi
I was in Dubai in August when it first came out and didn't see it there or it was a different variation.

Not sure if it will taste the same out there as it would the states. Their fried food tastes different out there compared to ours.
[/QUOTE]
I was there late August and Early September and I found it at City Centre Deira. Maybe it was a different variation but I never saw the chicken sandwich there before.

I have not tried the one in the states so I cannot compare :lol: I think most food taste different than in the US. It honestly doesn't taste like actual food in the US.

I know of the one by Queens Center Mall, the one in the city by 60th street I think, and another in I believe Hickville that I went to when they first opened up and it was a mess.

Girl behind the counter that brings you the drinks and milkshakes took a milkshake and threw it at the wall/floor when they were doing the opening in Hickville with how hectic it was :smh:

I don't think they got one order right that day and they gave me extra stuff by mistake and I touched the sandwich, but gave it back to them and they took it and gave it to another customer. I felt bad, but it wasn't my fault I wanted to make sure no pickles plus I don't think they saw me touch it.

Bruh you couldn’t just take the pickles off? :lol:

[QUOTE="putting in work, post: 32409557, member: 39609thi
I was in Dubai in August when it first came out and didn't see it there or it was a different variation.

Not sure if it will taste the same out there as it would the states. Their fried food tastes different out there compared to ours.
I was there late August and Early September and I found it at City Centre Deira. Maybe it was a different variation but I never saw the chicken sandwich there before.

I have not tried the one in the states so I cannot compare :lol: I think most food taste different than in the US. It honestly doesn't taste like actual food in the US.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was right around the time I was out there from around 8/18 - 9/15, but it was a split trip. We went to the Maldives first, and then on our way back we said we would spend 1 day in Dubai and head back to NY because the travel time was brutal. Needless to say wife had me in that hot **** Dubai for 5-6 days instead of just one night.

Dubai was off the hook though I can't lie, but you need at least 10 days out there to really enjoy it. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton. First place/beach I been to and the water was so hot I couldn't stay in it long and was hotter than sauna water.

Okay onto the food. There was this fried chicken spot inside Dubai airport and the chicken was okay, but another thing that was different there compared to the US... the condiments. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. tastes different. Their ketchup is a little sweeter than ours and our ketchup I noticed in the US has a more tart flavor to it so to speak.

The breading on the chicken out there different compared to popeyes, but I would say it's closer to Chick Fil A. I don't they they use buttermilk probably to fry their chicken out there.

Yeah, for the longest there wss none here. They opened one up close to downtown I think or on the way there.

I think they deaded the location they were gonna build a few minutes from me. Announced it years ago and been no sign of construction. Area is kinda trash so was surprised they even wanted to build one there.

I think they deaded the location they were gonna build a few minutes from me. Announced it years ago and been no sign of construction. Area is kinda trash so was surprised they even wanted to build one there.
They wanted to be at the forefront of gentrification...

I gotta say I used the CFA app for the first time and placed an order for pickup thru drive thru and it was pretty nice
I placed a decent order and everything was in the bag including all the ketchup and sauces
On the app it allows you to get a max of 3 condiments per order

That's one of the reasons I dont think they're ****ing with a lot of BK. Clapback on gentrification has been strong.

Cosign not messing with pickles.

I don't know or care for the history or reasoning for pairing certain toppings with foods but it threw me for a loop that its common fried chicken sandwiches have to have pickles. Have to usually always say no pickles.

Just not fond of it.

The whole processing for pickling is nasty to me.

Yes, that was right around the time I was out there from around 8/18 - 9/15, but it was a split trip. We went to the Maldives first, and then on our way back we said we would spend 1 day in Dubai and head back to NY because the travel time was brutal. Needless to say wife had me in that hot **** Dubai for 5-6 days instead of just one night.

Dubai was off the hook though I can't lie, but you need at least 10 days out there to really enjoy it. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton. First place/beach I been to and the water was so hot I couldn't stay in it long and was hotter than sauna water.

Okay onto the food. There was this fried chicken spot inside Dubai airport and the chicken was okay, but another thing that was different there compared to the US... the condiments. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. tastes different. Their ketchup is a little sweeter than ours and our ketchup I noticed in the US has a more tart flavor to it so to speak.

The breading on the chicken out there different compared to popeyes, but I would say it's closer to Chick Fil A. I don't they they use buttermilk probably to fry their chicken out there.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Dubai is nice, I just dislike the extreme heat and air conditioning lifestyle. It is funny you mention the ocean water because when I walked to the beach and it was blazing hot, I went to the water thinking I would get some relief, nope, it just added to the heat :lol: I go to Dubai for work, not really for traveling unless I stay there on the weekends.

That is interesting you say that because I did not notice that. I will try church's chicken next time I am there, along with KFC and get a comparison :lol: as far as the condiments, I did notice that with the ketchup, however I also mix it with some hot sauce so the actual flavor is a bit thrown off with the spiciness.

Im 50/50 on the pickle thing.

when eating the sandwich, i dont wanna eat any pickles but i still let them put em on the sandwich bc the juices are a nice compliment.

I just take em off before i eat.

wait wait wait wait
hold up
they raised the price to $6
for JUST the sandwich alone????
oh nah
they got me ****ed up
ill wait till i get the usual popeyes coupons in my junk mail from the mailman

i dont mind the pickle if eaten alone... but dont care for it on a burger/sandwich... my local popeyes took their phone off the hook... cant even call before hand to see if they have the sandwich lol

Back
Top Bottom