Why is Popeyes so slow

Apparently you can order on the app for pickup
But my stores says online soon so I guess not available for me
We out here copping chicken sandwiches on an app
Only in America :lol:
Actually I think other fast food places have an app where you can order and pickup
Do people actually use it?(I’ll do it for this sandwich)

Aren't they losing money on their main chicken meals in the process? I'm not going there with my mouth fixed for a chicken sandwich only to hear there isn't anymore and end up buying a two piece. I wonder if people are going to chic fil a as a consolation if they're unable to get the popeyes sandwich :lol:

This answered my own question, lol. First 35 seconds of the video says it all, smh.

Last edited:
Aren't they losing money on their main chicken meals in the process? I'm not going there with my mouth fixed for a chicken sandwich only to hear there isn't anymore and end up buying a two piece. I wonder if people are going to chic fil a as a consolation if they're unable to get the popeyes sandwich :lol:

Im sure the profit margin on those sandwiches are through the roof.

Nah man
Do you know how big that piece of chicken is on the sandwich
Plus they using a gourmet bun and extra fancy pickles and only the finest sauce
They losing money on each sandwich
Sandwich gets you in the door to buy other items :lol:
Go in to buy a sandwich then buy a $25 8pc meal

I'm sure chicken sales are down but their overall increases in sales is astronomical. They don't care if they are selling chicken, sandwiches, or dog ****. Total sales and profit is all they care about.

Nah man
0% chance they are losing money on the sandwich. It may not be as high markup as some other fast food items but they aren't losing money.

Im sure the profit margin on those sandwiches are through the roof.

I’ve thought about this. I agree that folks who are coming for a sandwich are choosing alternative restaurants when they pull up and see extended lines. While the margins are probably good on the sandwich, think about this from a volume, operational and revenue perspective.

1. Think about the average price per sale when most of their orders were focused around orders featuring multiple pieces of chicken. Now, your average price per sale is going to revolve around a $3.99 sandwich. I would have to see that going down.

2. Preparing a sandwich is going to be more time consuming than going from fried to box. Plus now you have people requesting extra sauce, no pickles, etc. Not to mention, it’s adding a whole new aspect to their process flow so assuming the same amount of friers, you’ll be slightly less efficient, at best, a wreck, at worst.

3. While we discussed margins perhaps remaining the same in Item 1, I think revenues had to have decreased. I can’t imagine their revenues going up while adding this new piece to their process flow that is causing massive backups. I want to say that alone proves it but this is obviously pure speculation.

Nah man

I wouldn’t say they are losing money, or they wouldn’t have introduced it or at least they would have increased the price point. I also don’t think it’s to get you to buy other items because if the sandwich isn’t available, you’re likely to leave especially since most folks are going due to hype specifically for that item. I think they and their supply chain weren’t expecting this warm of a reception so they need to get **** together to better align with demand.

ZomboMeme 27082019165547.jpg

I’ve thought about this. I agree that folks who are coming for a sandwich are choosing alternative restaurants when they pull up and see extended lines. While the margins are probably good on the sandwich, think about this from a volume, operational and revenue perspective.

1. Think about the average price per sale when most of their orders were focused around orders featuring multiple pieces of chicken. Now, your average price per sale is going to revolve around a $3.99 sandwich. I would have to see that going down.

2. Preparing a sandwich is going to be more time consuming than going from fried to box. Plus now you have people requesting extra sauce, no pickles, etc. Not to mention, it’s adding a whole new aspect to their process flow so assuming the same amount of friers, you’ll be slightly less efficient, at best, a wreck, at worst.

3. While we discussed margins perhaps remaining the same in Item 1, I think revenues had to have decreased. I can’t imagine their revenues going up while adding this new piece to their process flow that is causing massive backups. I want to say that alone proves it but this is obviously pure speculation.

I wouldn’t say they are losing money, or they wouldn’t have introduced it or at least they would have increased the price point. I also don’t think it’s to get you to buy other items because if the sandwich isn’t available, you’re likely to leave especially since most folks are going due to hype specifically for that item. I think they and their supply chain weren’t expecting this warm of a reception so they need to get **** together to better align with demand.
lol if you think revenue decreased. They are serving 50x as many people as before, if not more. Their revenue has multiplied several times over. They went from mostly empty restaurants with 1-2 cars in the drive thru to traffic jams just to get into their parking lot.

Popeyes slacking, at the two places I went to Saturday there was no customers, just a sign saying no sandwiches I ordered an 8 piece anyway...but most people walked in and mumbled “they ain’t got em” and walked right out

lol if you think revenue decreased. They are serving 50x as many people as before, if not more. Their revenue has multiplied several times over. They went from mostly empty restaurants with 1-2 cars in the drive thru to traffic jams just to get into their parking lot.

Who says they are serving more people? I concur this new item is drawing business but first, I would think if that was the case, there wouldn’t be these absurd lines. Second, you would need to know if this potential increase in customers for a $4 sandwich outweighs what customers were previously ordering. Finally, without knowledge of their infrastructure, I find it ha d to believe they added a popular, new offering with the same equipment and staff levels and this wouldn’t cause a rubberneck in their process flow. I don’t think it’s as simple as “Oh, they added this $4 item that they are selling out of early in the day. Their revenues went up drastically.” If they were able to fill all the orders, throughout the day, in a timely manner than my sentiments would be different.

Pan-chicken-with-popular-condiments-of-ketchup-and-pepper-sauce.-Photo-contributed-by-Ras-Kassa.jpg

(not my pic) But yeah tell me more about my culture.
What culture? Is this a you thing a whole culture thing? Just curious. Seems wild to me but every culture is different so I can appreciate it. I know my white country *** does things that some would look sideways at.

This answered my own question, lol. First 35 seconds of the video says it all, smh.

Completely unrelated to any of this but I think I hate about 95% of youtube thumbnails for any sort of video where the person is filming themselves. This..is supposed to make me want to watch this video?

Back
Top Bottom