Why is the Divorce rate so high?

1. People marry too soon instead of really getting to know a person.
2. People tend to believe the lie that they'll always feel the same way about a person their entire lives. Do you really think your heart will skip a beat every time you see your husband or wife for the next 15+ years?

3. People are quitters. When the going gets tough so many people would rather run get a divorce than truly work things out.

4. People let others decide when they should get married instead of making that choice for themselves.

5. People tend to focus on temporary things (money, looks, etc) when choosing a mate instead of the things that strong relationships are built on (honesty, responsibility, stability, commonality, trust).

1. People marry too soon instead of really getting to know a person.
2. People tend to believe the lie that they'll always feel the same way about a person their entire lives. Do you really think your heart will skip a beat every time you see your husband or wife for the next 15+ years?

3. People are quitters. When the going gets tough so many people would rather run get a divorce than truly work things out.

4. People let others decide when they should get married instead of making that choice for themselves.

5. People tend to focus on temporary things (money, looks, etc) when choosing a mate instead of the things that strong relationships are built on (honesty, responsibility, stability, commonality, trust).

I think money has a lot to do with it.

Poor people marry...then they fight that they have no money.

Rich people marry...then realize they only married cause one of them had money, basically married for riches not for love.

I think money has a lot to do with it.

Poor people marry...then they fight that they have no money.

Rich people marry...then realize they only married cause one of them had money, basically married for riches not for love.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

less religion in our lives?
LOL
Not going too much into but that's a piece of it.

since we were seniors, so like 6 years i think.  they fight constantly about the dumbest stuff.  i don't even kick it with them anymore because i don't want to watch them argue all day.  it's like he's getting married because he thinks it will get her off his back for like a week.  it's just ******ed.  i hope they don't get married.  they got bigger fish to fry and getting married now is dumb as hell.  all my friends agree.  we even talk to his dad about it and he agrees too.  his dad wants us to tell him not to do it but we already have.  dude wont listen.
Damn after 6 years they're having petty disputes. If he wont listen then try to coach him/them through the childishness.

we do man, all my friends, his sister, his mom and dad.  we all have sat down with them like "ok guys
alien.gif
why are you doing this again?"  it's just a joke.  they'll fight over something so stupid.  we went out to eat the other day.  my boy told her to throw another dollar down on the tip because the server gave him a free beer.  she in return just gets a huge attitude over a damn dollar.  they fight about EVERYTHING.

they have a kid together and i have no doubt in my mind they would not be together if it wasn't for her.  they need to call off the wedding and get counseling.  we tell them, but i guess they want to learn the hard way.

LOL

since we were seniors, so like 6 years i think.  they fight constantly about the dumbest stuff.  i don't even kick it with them anymore because i don't want to watch them argue all day.  it's like he's getting married because he thinks it will get her off his back for like a week.  it's just ******ed.  i hope they don't get married.  they got bigger fish to fry and getting married now is dumb as hell.  all my friends agree.  we even talk to his dad about it and he agrees too.  his dad wants us to tell him not to do it but we already have.  dude wont listen.
Damn after 6 years they're having petty disputes. If he wont listen then try to coach him/them through the childishness.

we do man, all my friends, his sister, his mom and dad.  we all have sat down with them like "ok guys
alien.gif
why are you doing this again?"  it's just a joke.  they'll fight over something so stupid.  we went out to eat the other day.  my boy told her to throw another dollar down on the tip because the server gave him a free beer.  she in return just gets a huge attitude over a damn dollar.  they fight about EVERYTHING.

they have a kid together and i have no doubt in my mind they would not be together if it wasn't for her.  they need to call off the wedding and get counseling.  we tell them, but i guess they want to learn the hard way.

LOL
Do you have evidence to support this claim? Like, statistical evidence that demonstrates that there's a higher rate of divorce in atheists/agnostics?

LOL
Do you have evidence to support this claim? Like, statistical evidence that demonstrates that there's a higher rate of divorce in atheists/agnostics?

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

A man is basically as faithful as his options.

That's how faithful a man is.

No more, no less.
I agree 100%
also could be said that disloyalty isn't an option to some 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Disloyalty is definitely not an option for me

LOL
i'm not even religious and i can see how this would play a role.  people aren't sticking together for religious reasons.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

A man is basically as faithful as his options.

That's how faithful a man is.

No more, no less.
I agree 100%
also could be said that disloyalty isn't an option to some 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Disloyalty is definitely not an option for me

LOL
i'm not even religious and i can see how this would play a role.  people aren't sticking together for religious reasons.

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

People are getting married for the wrong reasons and they're not actually ready to be married in the first place.

Thread/

People getting married period. Ppl only get married cause its well just cause reason. Its like when ppl take off hats while inside. What logically reason is it to take off your hat indoors...... there isnt one. But ppl do it just cause everyone else does it and its just a common pratice. Then when ppl realize this that and they no longer want to be with a person they just bailout. Whats the difference between being with someone you love forever and marrying someone forever? A piece of paper, being in public records.

Its not like a ring a white gown etc... will make a love last longer versus finding someone you care about and love and not getting married. As we grow as a human race we realize alot of the things we have done in past generations were done because ppl didnt think and find a logicaally and sound reason as to why to do them, so they just came up with something they felt the general census would say make sense and agree to.

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

People are getting married for the wrong reasons and they're not actually ready to be married in the first place.

Thread/

People getting married period. Ppl only get married cause its well just cause reason. Its like when ppl take off hats while inside. What logically reason is it to take off your hat indoors...... there isnt one. But ppl do it just cause everyone else does it and its just a common pratice. Then when ppl realize this that and they no longer want to be with a person they just bailout. Whats the difference between being with someone you love forever and marrying someone forever? A piece of paper, being in public records.

Its not like a ring a white gown etc... will make a love last longer versus finding someone you care about and love and not getting married. As we grow as a human race we realize alot of the things we have done in past generations were done because ppl didnt think and find a logicaally and sound reason as to why to do them, so they just came up with something they felt the general census would say make sense and agree to.

don't marry suffer the consequences...
As far as divorcing I feel some men don't know how to step up to the plate
And for women they think they can get married then divorce and start another family it goes both ways

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Thanks. Like I said before So Nyuh Shi Dae, I'm not even going to get into that.

The stat is 50% of marriages end in divorce. I would love to see the stats on how many Under God marriages do compared to those without.

laugh.gif
Are you counting those that do it for religious purposes?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Thanks. Like I said before So Nyuh Shi Dae, I'm not even going to get into that.

The stat is 50% of marriages end in divorce. I would love to see the stats on how many Under God marriages do compared to those without.

laugh.gif
Are you counting those that do it for religious purposes?

Back
Top Bottom