Why is the Divorce rate so high?

A big factor is our concept of legal marriage on paper and the implications it has on real property make a huge difference. Especially as we make bigger and better things as time goes on. Even if you say you are marrying somebody for love, that is still in the back of the sub consciously lingering as an option if things get sour.

A big factor is our concept of legal marriage on paper and the implications it has on real property make a huge difference. Especially as we make bigger and better things as time goes on. Even if you say you are marrying somebody for love, that is still in the back of the sub consciously lingering as an option if things get sour.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Oh its true. Its damn true. You are just playing devils advocate. One can argue that as a society, when religion was taken further and further away, the world has gotten WAY worse off. And DON'T sit here and say things aren't getting worse. Yes, they get a little better but then get worse. 2 steps forward and 1.8 steps back.
I am playing devil's advocate because I have yet to see any evidence that suggests that a rise in atheism/agnosticism leads to greater divorce rates, higher drug use, higher crime rates, etc. One can argue anything, but without evidence, your argument means nothing. With the rise in atheism, shouldn't there be evidence suggesting that the divorce rate has climbed because of the greater number of atheists? Shouldn't the prison population consist of a large number of atheists? Where is your data that supports this? I don't understand why you'd make the assertion and then refuse to support your claims. We can all make mindless, unsubstantiated claims all day, too.

I'll debate with you later. On to the thread as intended.

Also, both of  the bold has went up in numbers..

What percentage of people who get divorces are atheists vs religious? I'll wait.

This is what religion teaches you, to make claims without thinking and ESPECIALLY without evidence.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Religious people have no one but themselves to blame for the high divorce rates, stop pointing fingers looking for scape-goats. The lack of accountability amongst religious people sickens me sometimes. Nah it isn't us, it's the devil, it's God, it's atheists....get a grip.
ohwell.gif
Isn't it ironic that every time someone makes a claim as to the negative effects of Atheism it turns out to be the EXACT opposite. Go figure
grin.gif

Divorce rate: Is marriage strengthened by mutual faith in God? Are marriages weak without religion? The Barna Research Group conducted a poll of Americans in 1999 in an attempt to show that religious faith reduces the likelihood of divorce. The results shocked them: Atheists had the lowest average divorce rates (defined as the percentage of people who had been divorced at least once in their lives), at 21%. Christian divorce rates averaged about 24% (higher for “born-again

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Oh its true. Its damn true. You are just playing devils advocate. One can argue that as a society, when religion was taken further and further away, the world has gotten WAY worse off. And DON'T sit here and say things aren't getting worse. Yes, they get a little better but then get worse. 2 steps forward and 1.8 steps back.
I am playing devil's advocate because I have yet to see any evidence that suggests that a rise in atheism/agnosticism leads to greater divorce rates, higher drug use, higher crime rates, etc. One can argue anything, but without evidence, your argument means nothing. With the rise in atheism, shouldn't there be evidence suggesting that the divorce rate has climbed because of the greater number of atheists? Shouldn't the prison population consist of a large number of atheists? Where is your data that supports this? I don't understand why you'd make the assertion and then refuse to support your claims. We can all make mindless, unsubstantiated claims all day, too.

I'll debate with you later. On to the thread as intended.

Also, both of  the bold has went up in numbers..

What percentage of people who get divorces are atheists vs religious? I'll wait.

This is what religion teaches you, to make claims without thinking and ESPECIALLY without evidence.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Religious people have no one but themselves to blame for the high divorce rates, stop pointing fingers looking for scape-goats. The lack of accountability amongst religious people sickens me sometimes. Nah it isn't us, it's the devil, it's God, it's atheists....get a grip.
ohwell.gif
Isn't it ironic that every time someone makes a claim as to the negative effects of Atheism it turns out to be the EXACT opposite. Go figure
grin.gif

Divorce rate: Is marriage strengthened by mutual faith in God? Are marriages weak without religion? The Barna Research Group conducted a poll of Americans in 1999 in an attempt to show that religious faith reduces the likelihood of divorce. The results shocked them: Atheists had the lowest average divorce rates (defined as the percentage of people who had been divorced at least once in their lives), at 21%. Christian divorce rates averaged about 24% (higher for “born-again

FACEBOOK
MYSPACE
LOCALHOOKUPZ
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...ASHLEY MADISON

Spoiler [+]
THERE SHOULD BE A BIGGER NUMBER NOW IN NY....
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

FACEBOOK
MYSPACE
LOCALHOOKUPZ
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...ASHLEY MADISON

Spoiler [+]
THERE SHOULD BE A BIGGER NUMBER NOW IN NY....
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I usually don't complain about grammar mistakes on the internet.
But LDJ, your grammar mistakes make what you're trying to say difficult as hell to read and understand.
I kinda see what you want to say tho...

My bad lol rejailbroke my iphone and well you know how it is with typing on a cell phone plus I was trying out this typing app ala how that one samsung phone has where you can glide your fingers across the screen and it recognize what you are typing. I guess it was a epic fail.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I usually don't complain about grammar mistakes on the internet.
But LDJ, your grammar mistakes make what you're trying to say difficult as hell to read and understand.
I kinda see what you want to say tho...

My bad lol rejailbroke my iphone and well you know how it is with typing on a cell phone plus I was trying out this typing app ala how that one samsung phone has where you can glide your fingers across the screen and it recognize what you are typing. I guess it was a epic fail.

Some good points in here.

I think everyone touched on the reason's

1. Grass always seems greener on the other side
2. It is extremely easy to get a divorce so marriage isn't that big of a deal
3. Married before ready (turns out to be some one you don't want to be with forever)
4. Societal norms (pressure from females, marriage is the next "step")
5. Used to instant gratification
6. Patch up a dwindling romance (band-aid wedding)

And to throw my two cents in.  I would think the divorce rate amongst atheist would be lower then that of religious people.  They would probably not see a real reason to get married since it tends to be a religious ceremony.  I understand there are financial benefits and tax benefits but if you really don't need them then i would assume most atheist would be fine with waiting a little longer to get married then some one who is religious. 

3. Married before ready (turns out to be some one you don't want to be with forever)

And to throw my two cents in.  I would think the divorce rate amongst atheist would be lower then that of religious people.  They would probably not see a real reason to get married since it tends to be a religious ceremony.  I understand there are financial benefits and tax benefits but if you really don't need them then i would assume most atheist would be fine with waiting a little longer to get married then some one who is religious. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

True and this wait awhile until you get to know a person is hogwash. Think about it from a logic standpoint. Its ppl things in life etc that youve practice known and yet you still discover find out something new about it. Again I use myself. I think I know my kids pretty well, and yet in still I discover find new things about them all the time. You can never really truly know a person. Thing is again like i said with kids you find something new you deal with it accept it grow/learn from it and move on. In our society with marriage you either hate it or love it, stay or leave.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

True and this wait awhile until you get to know a person is hogwash. Think about it from a logic standpoint. Its ppl things in life etc that youve practice known and yet you still discover find out something new about it. Again I use myself. I think I know my kids pretty well, and yet in still I discover find new things about them all the time. You can never really truly know a person. Thing is again like i said with kids you find something new you deal with it accept it grow/learn from it and move on. In our society with marriage you either hate it or love it, stay or leave.

Infidelity, lies, keeping secrets, not communicating your TRUE feelings.

Recent victim of high divorce rates checking in....
tired.gif

Infidelity, lies, keeping secrets, not communicating your TRUE feelings.

Recent victim of high divorce rates checking in....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Maybe if people realized:

Being single > taken but feeling trapped > loving somebody who doesn't love you back
this couldn't speak more to me and my life right now. truth, bro..
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom