Why is there so much disgusting obesity in this country?

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Slim women >>> all.

Whenever fools gas up thick women, then fat girls start thinking they're "thick" and that much better
eyes.gif

Especially cause it gets mad nasty as they age. You can take a slim girl out in public without feeling like a fool

I think you may be that same dude who goes on every appreciation thread calling every female bigger than Beyonce fat, but

They're equally disgusting, and I'd be embarrassed by either. So whether you hit up plywood or Peter Griffin, it's
sick.gif
sick.gif
 either way.

Nah, you got the wrong dude. I actually don't go into the appreciation threads, I never see them on the 1st 3 pages and the only ones I ever looked at were the white and latina ones, I did peep the black one for a bit but for the most part I just lurked
laugh.gif

I said slim by the way. There's a difference between slim and a frail bag of bones. The frail look is straight
sick.gif
also, but it's better than ridiculously obese. However, I'd take neither - is it that bad to like someone who is fairly athletic? Check out the buffet style women body post - I liked the slim and athletic ones, I'm not into that anorexic skeleton you posted

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Oh ok, my bad. I do know the buffet post you're talkin about, and nah man, there's nothing wrong with the athletic type. I ran
track for more than 10 years and the track bodies are fantastic.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Slim women >>> all.

Whenever fools gas up thick women, then fat girls start thinking they're "thick" and that much better
eyes.gif

Especially cause it gets mad nasty as they age. You can take a slim girl out in public without feeling like a fool

I think you may be that same dude who goes on every appreciation thread calling every female bigger than Beyonce fat, but

They're equally disgusting, and I'd be embarrassed by either. So whether you hit up plywood or Peter Griffin, it's
sick.gif
sick.gif
 either way.

Nah, you got the wrong dude. I actually don't go into the appreciation threads, I never see them on the 1st 3 pages and the only ones I ever looked at were the white and latina ones, I did peep the black one for a bit but for the most part I just lurked
laugh.gif

I said slim by the way. There's a difference between slim and a frail bag of bones. The frail look is straight
sick.gif
also, but it's better than ridiculously obese. However, I'd take neither - is it that bad to like someone who is fairly athletic? Check out the buffet style women body post - I liked the slim and athletic ones, I'm not into that anorexic skeleton you posted

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Oh ok, my bad. I do know the buffet post you're talkin about, and nah man, there's nothing wrong with the athletic type. I ran
track for more than 10 years and the track bodies are fantastic.

Damn I just realized how much more women I would get if I moved to a state like Texas, since 60% of people there are obese. Then again the women would be obese too so nvm
laugh.gif

Damn I just realized how much more women I would get if I moved to a state like Texas, since 60% of people there are obese. Then again the women would be obese too so nvm
laugh.gif

Eating healthy is expensive, there's a reason cheap fast food spots target inner cities.

Eating healthy is expensive, there's a reason cheap fast food spots target inner cities.

Good thread, a lot of variables at play here;

Lack of discipline, education, money, motivation, exercise, choices, etc...

Good thread, a lot of variables at play here;

Lack of discipline, education, money, motivation, exercise, choices, etc...

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

You gotta remember that eating healthy is very very expensive. Most simply can't afford it..
That's a really bad excuse. You don't have to shop at Whole Foods to eat healthy, nor does everything in your shopping cart have to be organic. If you really need healthy eating ideas on a budget, just google them.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

You gotta remember that eating healthy is very very expensive. Most simply can't afford it..
That's a really bad excuse. You don't have to shop at Whole Foods to eat healthy, nor does everything in your shopping cart have to be organic. If you really need healthy eating ideas on a budget, just google them.

First off, why is that obesity is so stigmatized? How does someone's weight affect you personally? They are people too and shouldn't be treated as second class citizens because of their weight.

The causes and issues of obesity are also not so black and white. It isn't as simple as eating too much food or not exercising enough. Contradictory to popular belief, obesity has neither been proven to be a cause of health problems nor is it a health problem itself. Large people can be just as 'healthy' as someone thin. Problems of obesity can't also be so easily attributed to the physical environment either. It may seem that people who are poor have less access to healthy food because live in an area that doesn't have any supermarkets or cheap grocery stores around them. But, geographically separating spaces where there might be more fat people like poorer neighborhoods doesn't hold much weight. It just can't be proven that there are so-called fat spaces. If there are these fat spaces, then wouldn't there be are where only thin people reside?

Has anyone ever considered the idea how political economy could play a role in maintain this so-called "obesity epidemic?" The current discourses on obesity promote thin bodies and 'healthiness' which means consuming less. However, there are constant ads and products that promote weight loss pills and exercises, which promote more consumption. These weight loss industries make enormous amounts of money perpetuating a contradictory ethic of thinness and consuming less while pushing out products that supposedly help people lose weight. It seems that capitalism is heavily invested in keeping people big in order to sustain the huge profits of the weight loss industry. Check articles on the 'political economy of bulimia' if you care to read more about this topic.

Placing emphasis on personal responsibility is also problematic. Sometimes it really isn't someone's choice whether they want to be big or not. When you see these really really large people, could really be from eating too much? Maybe it's genetic. The answers are not very clear. Also, so-called 'fat taxes' are nothing more than a needless tax that will only really affect the poor who are struggling already. Individualizing the issue of obesity just perpetuates neoliberal ideologies further into the current cultural hegemony.

So, what I really want to get out of this is that obesity isn't as simple of an issue as people make it out to be and really not that big of a problem. Don't take the studies you see on TV at face value, because research on obesity is still very complex and complicated. People need to stop stigmatizing fat bodies and making them morally inferior. They are citizens too and should be given the same respect you would give anyone else.

First off, why is that obesity is so stigmatized? How does someone's weight affect you personally? They are people too and shouldn't be treated as second class citizens because of their weight.

The causes and issues of obesity are also not so black and white. It isn't as simple as eating too much food or not exercising enough. Contradictory to popular belief, obesity has neither been proven to be a cause of health problems nor is it a health problem itself. Large people can be just as 'healthy' as someone thin. Problems of obesity can't also be so easily attributed to the physical environment either. It may seem that people who are poor have less access to healthy food because live in an area that doesn't have any supermarkets or cheap grocery stores around them. But, geographically separating spaces where there might be more fat people like poorer neighborhoods doesn't hold much weight. It just can't be proven that there are so-called fat spaces. If there are these fat spaces, then wouldn't there be are where only thin people reside?

Has anyone ever considered the idea how political economy could play a role in maintain this so-called "obesity epidemic?" The current discourses on obesity promote thin bodies and 'healthiness' which means consuming less. However, there are constant ads and products that promote weight loss pills and exercises, which promote more consumption. These weight loss industries make enormous amounts of money perpetuating a contradictory ethic of thinness and consuming less while pushing out products that supposedly help people lose weight. It seems that capitalism is heavily invested in keeping people big in order to sustain the huge profits of the weight loss industry. Check articles on the 'political economy of bulimia' if you care to read more about this topic.

Placing emphasis on personal responsibility is also problematic. Sometimes it really isn't someone's choice whether they want to be big or not. When you see these really really large people, could really be from eating too much? Maybe it's genetic. The answers are not very clear. Also, so-called 'fat taxes' are nothing more than a needless tax that will only really affect the poor who are struggling already. Individualizing the issue of obesity just perpetuates neoliberal ideologies further into the current cultural hegemony.

So, what I really want to get out of this is that obesity isn't as simple of an issue as people make it out to be and really not that big of a problem. Don't take the studies you see on TV at face value, because research on obesity is still very complex and complicated. People need to stop stigmatizing fat bodies and making them morally inferior. They are citizens too and should be given the same respect you would give anyone else.

Originally Posted by dayoyoman

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

laugh.gif
I've seen a lot of stupid sh4$ on NT....this might be by far the dumbest. And that's saying a lot.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I read the rest of ur post, u make some good points though. Obese people are people too and should be treated as such....doesn't mean I have to be attracted to them.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

laugh.gif
I've seen a lot of stupid sh4$ on NT....this might be by far the dumbest. And that's saying a lot.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I read the rest of ur post, u make some good points though. Obese people are people too and should be treated as such....doesn't mean I have to be attracted to them.

Back
Top Bottom