WHY NO NIKETALK IPHONE APP?

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by one11archerave

I would easily pay up to $2.99 in the app store for this.

why? you're most likely not be able to reply anyway. just get an rss reader and subscribe to NT.
Obviously I meant a fully functional app.

dont think i've seen an app where it lets you reply within it. could be wrong tho. i still say making the website mobile friendly would be a better idea.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

i dont need an app

my n900's browser is far superior than any other's

have you downloaded mobile firefox? if so, how is it? can't wait for it to hit android (if ever)

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

I'll make one
smile.gif

I'll make one for Android and Blackberry phones as well.
You're welcome to give it a shot, but you wouldn't have access to anAPI for at least 4-5 months. I don't know how much could be donewithout it. If you were to get it off the ground, we'd want to lookinto the possibility of selling it to offset the potential ad lossesand raise money for charity. The ads you can run through those apps aregenerally low-yield adsense text ads, which barely offer a penny on thedollar relative to higher-yield ads. Ifthis strips out the existing ads or serves to reduce visits via mobilebrowser, we'll want to account for that somehow.

Although it may not be an issue by summer, the target shouldprobably be Android 1.5. I believe most of the Android devices in useare still 1.5 or 1.6 at themoment (G1, Cliq, etc.) and anything compatible with them should alsobe compatible with the newer 2.0-2.1 devices. We want to make sure theapp is able tohelp as many users as possible. With that in mind, we'd also want tomake sure that we could share the code with someone willing to port ittoiphone/blackberry platforms in the event you don't wish to do so.

Also, please bear in mind that Yuku could build a mobile app of theirown or we may bring in another developer to create a NikeTalk mobileapp - so take thisas my permission to look into the idea, but we're not going so far asto consider this the be all end all attempt. Mobile apps are importantto the futureof the site, so we need to retain the flexibility necessary to ensurethe project's completion to our satisfaction.

Thanks for the offer and best of luck with the project and your computer science classes!

Peace.

-------------------------------------
To:Method Man.niketalk
Sent:January 22, 2010, 12:52 am

Hello Methodman,

I'm almost positive that this idea has been thrown at you before,but I just want to make sure it'd be cool to do before moving towardsactually makingit a project.

I'm a computer science major at my university, so I know a littlebit about computers/coding, and I want to learn how to make widgetsthis upcoming summer.I'll be learning a little about it over the course of the semester, andI'm sure I'll need help from other NTers who know a thing or two aboutcoding. I was wondering if I, once I get the free time, could startdeveloping an NT widget for mobile phones running Android 2.0? (andperhaps mac.)

Again, real work towards it wouldn't start until Summer, and thatsassuming I'll have free time with balancing other arrangements but it'dbe coolto know if I have permission to begin building an idea about what tolook forward to.

Sincerely, Soltheman

P.S. It wouldn't be for profit. We could put ads onto it to raisemoney for charities. But if it's an overwhelming success, I will be thefirst to pushfor a real photograph of you.

No
o_c27.jpg

i was gonna do that

frown.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

i dont need an app

my n900's browser is far superior than any other's

have you downloaded mobile firefox? if so, how is it? can't wait for it to hit android (if ever)

its getting better with the constant updates but i prefer the stock browser which is already firefox based

i heard this vicious rumor that there are phones other than the iphone which can be used on the Internet.

Apple told me that's not true though, and you can believe everything they tell you.

why would u need an app to use a website?

cant u just download a better browser?

oh wait u said iphone... u cant do %$@@ with that thing...

I think moving towards a mobile friendly site would be the next step.

It would reach the broadest audience and be able to provide more functions than an app.

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

didnt yuku already fix this? no need for one IMO
you cant even quote on a blackberry
grin.gif
its called go to account and change preferences to EZcodes, my sidekick can quote and reply.

Originally Posted by rodster831

I think they should just disable avys and gifs on mobile devices

that's what really slows me down when online on my iPod

And scale down pictures posted.

question, does anybody have a link to the picture of the shortcut (NT)...or could point me where to find it in SSH..I'm trying to customize the icon with my theme.

Originally Posted by rodster831

^
if you just add the address to your home screen it makes one
for you. I'll post pics of mine once I get home
oh i already have the icon on my home screen..i mean the actual raw picture file address/.png..im trying to customize it since my other icons look different.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

question, does anybody have a link to the picture of the shortcut (NT)...or could point me where to find it in SSH..I'm trying to customize the icon with my theme.

Bookmark it and it should save it for you. posting pics from the iPhone FTW

Back
Top Bottom