Why take off your hat? After all these years, I've never discussed this on here

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Conditioning is amazing isn't it?

It sure is and whats sad ppl do things and swear they dont do it because they arent sheep, and say they make concious logically decisions about things, yet the vary thing that they are doing is subconcious and has no logically reasoning behind it at all. That George Carlin bit, while funny (one of my favs of all time) spoke and bared some real truths about society and just ppl in general, and how easily ppl can be swayed and trained emotionally and mentally and fully believe they are the ones thats pulling the strings, and not society, way of life, conditioning, and product of environment that is playing puppet master.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Conditioning is amazing isn't it?

It sure is and whats sad ppl do things and swear they dont do it because they arent sheep, and say they make concious logically decisions about things, yet the vary thing that they are doing is subconcious and has no logically reasoning behind it at all. That George Carlin bit, while funny (one of my favs of all time) spoke and bared some real truths about society and just ppl in general, and how easily ppl can be swayed and trained emotionally and mentally and fully believe they are the ones thats pulling the strings, and not society, way of life, conditioning, and product of environment that is playing puppet master.

One of my best friends started balding at the age of 21. Everybody knows that my guy is bald, but we don't talk about it.

But the funny thing is, my guy is belligerent about his right to wear hats. We all know that while he probably does like hats, the truth is, he's covering his bald head.

It's gotten to the point that if we go out, my guy has to call the club before we leave to see if they allow hats. And if they don't allow them? Forget it, he's not going. And his reasoning is, that's #!$!%$+%. I'm not going anywhere that tells you what you can and cannot wear. It's funny and sad at the same time. Money just needs to cut it all off and stop trying to hold on to the little bit he has left.

I'm a hat guy though. Funny thing as a dude with no criminal record, court experience, I had no idea about court etiquette. The one time I go to court to support a family member I almost get locked up for wearing a hat AND chewing gum.

Will be the last time I take my black %%* in a KY court room to show moral support.

One of my best friends started balding at the age of 21. Everybody knows that my guy is bald, but we don't talk about it.

But the funny thing is, my guy is belligerent about his right to wear hats. We all know that while he probably does like hats, the truth is, he's covering his bald head.

It's gotten to the point that if we go out, my guy has to call the club before we leave to see if they allow hats. And if they don't allow them? Forget it, he's not going. And his reasoning is, that's #!$!%$+%. I'm not going anywhere that tells you what you can and cannot wear. It's funny and sad at the same time. Money just needs to cut it all off and stop trying to hold on to the little bit he has left.

I'm a hat guy though. Funny thing as a dude with no criminal record, court experience, I had no idea about court etiquette. The one time I go to court to support a family member I almost get locked up for wearing a hat AND chewing gum.

Will be the last time I take my black %%* in a KY court room to show moral support.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Yeah I've never gotten it either. Just some " do it to be respectful" crap.

Yup, I never take it off. 
I also stay sitting when they ask me to rise to sing the national anthem. 
eek.gif
happy.gif

eek.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

eek.gif
happy.gif
What's your reason? 

eek.gif
happy.gif
What's your reason? 

eek.gif
happy.gif
damn your so cool bro, I like your Badazz attitude, its super awesome..You're like this generations James dean, what a way to stick it to the man! Keep it up man, keep up fighting for us man, you are like the Rosa Parks of fitteds...I give you props!

Lame.

eek.gif
happy.gif
damn your so cool bro, I like your Badazz attitude, its super awesome..You're like this generations James dean, what a way to stick it to the man! Keep it up man, keep up fighting for us man, you are like the Rosa Parks of fitteds...I give you props!

Lame.

Hmmm... a few of you missed the point. I wasn't asking where to take your hat off. I take my hat off in all places where I know it's expected.

I was asking why. Pretty good discussion,too; that's hardly immature.

Hmmm... a few of you missed the point. I wasn't asking where to take your hat off. I take my hat off in all places where I know it's expected.

it's just proper etiquette. i, for one, feel wrong wearing a hat indoors. i automatically take it off.

but yeah, do you. i'm definitely not the type to tell others what to do.

it's just proper etiquette. i, for one, feel wrong wearing a hat indoors. i automatically take it off.

but yeah, do you. i'm definitely not the type to tell others what to do.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fig Neutonn:
OP does removing shoes when you enter the house have to do with race or religion? Many of my west eastern asian friends have people remove their shoes once they enter the premisses.
Nah, I'm white. The only thing it has to do with is me not wanting dirt and grass and dog crap and pebbles rubbing all into my carpet.
laugh.gif

This leaving your shoes on is really an american thing or not international at least. I live in Finland and know 0 people who would let you in their house with shoes on. Not even to house parties.

Fig Neutonn:
OP does removing shoes when you enter the house have to do with race or religion? Many of my west eastern asian friends have people remove their shoes once they enter the premisses.
Nah, I'm white. The only thing it has to do with is me not wanting dirt and grass and dog crap and pebbles rubbing all into my carpet.
laugh.gif

This leaving your shoes on is really an american thing or not international at least. I live in Finland and know 0 people who would let you in their house with shoes on. Not even to house parties.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Fig Neutonn:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ the stereotype that just asians do this

Fig Neutonn:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ the stereotype that just asians do this

Why do you say please, thank you, youre welcome......

It's about respect.

Now why is it considered respectful?  That I dont have a definitive answer for, but im sure it goes back to the olden times.

I can understand wondering why something is done, but I cant stand the ones who feel like they have to rebel and be different and thus keep their hat on.

Why do you say please, thank you, youre welcome......

It's about respect.

Now why is it considered respectful?  That I dont have a definitive answer for, but im sure it goes back to the olden times.

I can understand wondering why something is done, but I cant stand the ones who feel like they have to rebel and be different and thus keep their hat on.

Fig Neutonn:
laugh.gif

Same goes for Denmark, although people have been getting more lax with it over the last few years. Its weird comin home from college and my mom havin a fit over me walkin inside with shoes on, especially when theyve been unds'ed like a half hour ago and I spent like 25 of those 30 minutes in the car on the way to the house
laugh.gif

Fig Neutonn:
laugh.gif

Same goes for Denmark, although people have been getting more lax with it over the last few years. Its weird comin home from college and my mom havin a fit over me walkin inside with shoes on, especially when theyve been unds'ed like a half hour ago and I spent like 25 of those 30 minutes in the car on the way to the house
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Not to thread jack, but do you go in the store (grocery or mall) with your hood on?

Heard someone talking about how they hated that the other day

Why would you need your hood on while indoors? 
CP1708 wrote:
^
Conceal your face walkin around.  Shy folks do it, or introverts at least.  People that wanna be left alone and not bothered. 
yep i always wear a hoodie when grocery shopping .... im not trying to run into anyone & strike up a pointless lengthy convo i came here for a reason i wanna get what i want & go home

Back
Top Bottom