Why the hell is cologne SO damn expensive?!

have any of yall heard of rochas man? stuff smells pretty good imo. i only have that and burberry, barely ever wear cologne

239261a402d9b747df5900d924c4a22a762e84b4.jpg
Gucci pour homme IIand YSL are dangerous around the opposite sex

I haven't read through this thread but

Unforgivable by Sean John > Whatever you're wearing. I suggest you grab a bottle, especially if you're struggling getting the buns.

My rotation

21aSkarfOXL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
41ZH0J3076L._SL160_AA160_.jpg
41Cr7m5DKlL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
51Sdifn2DSL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
41R6WlxVXML._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Rochas Man
Bvlgari Black
Bvlgari Extreme
Carlos Santana for Men
Azzaro Chrome

I gotta try out Burberry London. Too many co-signs on that fragrance.

Yea now that i think about it, smells can't be patent. There ARE "rip-offs" of name brand colognes. I know my man bought some fake issey miyakeand it smelled like the real thing. So you all have no reason to pay full price for colognes man

Originally Posted by seventh letter

I haven't read through this thread but

Unforgivable by Sean John > Whatever you're wearing. I suggest you grab a bottle, especially if you're struggling getting the buns.
hahaha, c'mon man. that's ridiculous. have you smelled some of these other colognes? sean john doesn't come close, many many womenwould agree.

I want to cop some of that L'Homme YSL off of Amazon, I was thinking about coppin the tester as opposed to the regular bottle.
The tester is only $35, should go with that?

I need to step my cologne game up, been wearing this Oxygene by Lanvin mostly everyday,
ohwell.gif
. Smell's good though...

1. Considering I have a decent (IMO) rotation of cologne & they all last for well over a year, I don't mind paying $60, $70, $80 for a bottle etc.

2. Don't buy colognes just based of recomendations & names you see in this thread. "Ladies love YSL/Burberry/etc" Colognes smell differentlyon each & every person. It reacts to your body's natural scent & will almost for certain change when you apply to your skin. Go to a store &have an employee help you out. From my experience, the sales associates at Bloomingdales & Saks know what their talking about (most of the time)

3. Don't pour the stuff on & don't spary it on your clothes.
indifferent.gif
I use 2 sprays on opposite sides of my neck about 15 mins after I get out the shower & I'm good. Anything else is just OD. Especially when Iuse my parfum rather than the eau de toilettes because the parfums are way more concentrated & last a lot longer.

4. When you spray it on, allow it to dry for a bit before you cover up the scent with your clothes. & from what I've been told, don't rub it i.e.with your wrists because you will "crush" the scent.

I'm no expert, just trying to share what I've been told.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

that too....

does anybody wear cologne everyday? an if they do i hope not the same smell.
i wear it everyday, but the key is having different scents so you dont smell the same everyday.
i have a heavy rotation of cologne so its never a problem for me.
one of the important key factors to everyday cologne is not wearing a heavy amount (you shouldnt wear a lot of cologne in any even, but for everyday use, weareven less)
spray your body with a body spray (axe, old spice, whatever you have but a minimal amount), then spray your neck with the cologne (one to two sprays max at afair distance)

a normal everyday cologne can cost anywhere from $30 to however much you want, but dont go breaking bread on an everyday scent because you're going to runout more frequently.

i have around 2-$300 in cologne on a 1-2 year basis and most of it is from gifts or justs extra money i had around.

most people think that you have to get the most expensive brand around, which is not true. and some people think you have to buy the biggest bottle each brandmakes, which also isnt true.

sorry for the cologne rant
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

creed green irish tweed
pimp.gif

most of creed colognes are
pimp.gif
but they are crazy expensive

This man knows his stuff. My dad had some, Royal Water I think? Anyways, smelled amazing and the smell was still on my shirt like 2 weeks after I wore it.
Creed & Bond are my favorite brands (Joe Malone is also nice). I really want to get the New Orleans Bond No. 9 and Love In Black by Creed.I'm also loving Lola by Marc Jacobs.

And a man who's smelling good =
pimp.gif

I never spend any money on cologne..my aunt cops for my uncle and always gets me an extra one, keeping my rotation intact. Love her.
pimp.gif

I just brought that YSL (Black top) for 77 bucks. My favorite cologne right now is Higher Dior. For dudes who think cologne is to expensive trust me you willbook way more chicks.

Lemme help yall out
50% off already discounted fragrances......
Onestopplus.com
Coupon code- RD50%PLUS

example- 4.2 oz Cool Water $18
pimp.gif

2.5oz Armani Code or 3.3oz Di Gio $33
pimp.gif

bout to copp these
joop-by-joop-1029445.jpg
CJ199_1
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

OP i dunno but this is what i currently wear

_5316317.jpg

i had no intention of buyin cologne that day, my girl was shoppin an i started randomly smelling colognes................i had to cop.

the ladies love it, its like a damn pheromone

This cologne has lil bits of crack sprinkled in!! I love this cologne, it's unfortunate that I'm almost out ...

I use CK Eternity & Jean Paul Gaultier.. I hear The victoria secret cologne for men is really good...

But OP I suggest you try out Curve.. it's really affordable and supposedly girls love it.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

that too....

does anybody wear cologne everyday? an if they do i hope not the same smell.
i wear it everyday, but the key is having different scents so you dont smell the same everyday.
i have a heavy rotation of cologne so its never a problem for me.
one of the important key factors to everyday cologne is not wearing a heavy amount (you shouldnt wear a lot of cologne in any even, but for everyday use, wear even less)
spray your body with a body spray (axe, old spice, whatever you have but a minimal amount), then spray your neck with the cologne (one to two sprays max at a fair distance)

a normal everyday cologne can cost anywhere from $30 to however much you want, but dont go breaking bread on an everyday scent because you're going to run out more frequently.

i have around 2-$300 in cologne on a 1-2 year basis and most of it is from gifts or justs extra money i had around.

most people think that you have to get the most expensive brand around, which is not true. and some people think you have to buy the biggest bottle each brand makes, which also isnt true.

sorry for the cologne rant
laugh.gif
I wouldn't recommend doing that...

Back
Top Bottom