Why Vote ?

Why do any of you all take the time to vote, and worry about which candidate said what, when your vote does not matter ? The President is chosen by the electoral college, not the popular vote, so what is the point ?

With voting, you have to work from the ground up. What I mean by this is that you should vote on the local level and be knowledgeable of the public officials that represent your city and state. Make sure you vote for someone that shares your views. From there, you should understand the importance of voting for a Presidential candidate and how powerful your vote can be. As a people, if you expect positive change you can't be [collectively] passive.

Nobody should vote to protest how corrupt our stupid voting system is. If nobody votes, then the whole thing is illegitimate.

Honestly, can any of you say you are comfortable with this presidential election being counted by a George Soros owned company in Spain?

Nope, none of you can say that.

Last edited:
I feel your hopelessness with this whole election thing. Obama turned out :x, Romney is an arrogant rich dude and Congress only cares about partisan party lines than what is good for the people. Then there is this electoral bull crap where basically my vote for President really doesn't matter because I live in CA and no matter what, it's going to be a Blue state. Only the battleground States like Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Nevada, etc.. matters which is ridiculous in my opinion.

However what can we do?

That's how our system is in America so you go along with it. Frankly I vote because of history. I see what people of color went through in the 60's just to be able to have this right so I honor their sacrifices today by taking the time and effort to vote.

I voted in the last election. I was a freshman in college and believed so strOngly in the government. But after being exposed to some of the harsh realities of the real world, I became disheartened from the system. I believe politics is a currupt system filled with individuals who seek to serve their own self interests. So now I have no plans on voting come November. But if I did, I'd vote for Obama. Partially because he's black. Partially because we know what to expect under his presidency.

And voting does matter. The electoral college is filled with delegate from states. In theory, they cast their votes according to the popular votes of their states.

Why do any of you all take the time to vote, and worry about which candidate said what, when your vote does not matter ? The President is chosen by the electoral college, not the popular vote, so what is the point ?

How are the electoral votes of a state determined? (Not the number of votes... How the Electoral Votes are given...I know the answer. I just would like you to answer it for me)..

Last edited:
Nobody should vote to protest how corrupt our stupid voting system is. If nobody votes, then the whole thing is illegitimate.
Honestly, can any of you say you are comfortable with this presidential election being counted by a George Soros owned company in Spain?
Nope, none of you can say that.

LOL.

I vote for the right to complain and criticize. An because politics is just really interesting. P

Plus every now and then a candidate comes along and gets things done. (Clinton, Reagan, JFK, FDR, Lincoln) there's a reason they are all lauded.

Last edited:

:lol:

Since you love to quote me so much, why don't you actually try commenting on the content of said quote once in a while.

You should just admit that the things I say are so far over your head the only thing you can say to me is "stop being a fraud champ" :rofl:

What's sadder still is that trolls rep you for these comments. :rofl:

Pathetic son

Last edited:
If you don't vote, OR try to change the system, then I dont want to hear complaints. 

If you don't vote, OR try to change the system, then I dont want to hear complaints. 
Sheep mentality. Nobody with the courage or ability to change the system is getting there name anywhere near a ballot. Politics is entertainment for brainwashed adults who feel the need to identify with a group. Does that sound familiar to something u are totally against?

Atleast pig love gets it.

:lol:
Since you love to quote me so much, why don't you actually try commenting on the content of said quote once in a while.
You should just admit that the things I say are so far over your head the only thing you can say to me is "stop being a fraud champ" :rofl:
What's sadder still is that trolls rep you for these comments. :rofl:
Pathetic son

Your premise of telling folks they shouldn't vote because the system is corrupt is laughable. Whether you believe the system is corrupt or not is one thing, but folks still should vote. Reason being is nothing gets done or changed unless people take an interest in the issues at hand and vote for politicians that meet their interest, or even have ordinary people run for office and try to change things themselves by running for office. Nothing gets done if folks just sit around and do nothing without taking action. We are a society of laws, laws affect us on a daily basis somehow someway. We need to have people in office that help create laws that help either you or the general public. Is that commenting enough for you champ??

Sheep mentality. Nobody with the courage or ability to change the system is getting there name anywhere near a ballot. Politics is entertainment for brainwashed adults who feel the need to identify with a group. Does that sound familiar to something u are totally against?

Atleast pig love gets it.
What I WONT let you do is tell me that local voting doesn't matter.

Local voting DOES matter.

But if you feel like national voting doesn't matter, whats stopping you from doing it anyways?

You can feel like your vote doesn't matter, but at least casting a ballot for the national election gives me a peace of mind that on the off chance that it DOES, then i've done my part.

However, nothing is stopping you from going forward and trying to reform the existing system. 

You've also committed the fallacy of asserting that there are only two parties. 

Last edited:
Your premise of telling folks they shouldn't vote because the system is corrupt is laughable. Whether you believe the system is corrupt or not is one thing, but folks still should vote. Reason being is nothing gets done or changed unless people take an interest in the issues at hand and vote for politicians that meet their interest, or even have ordinary people run for office and try to change things themselves by running for office. Nothing gets done if folks just sit around and do nothing without taking action. We are a society of laws, laws affect us on a daily basis somehow someway. We need to have people in office that help create laws that help either you or the general public. Is that commenting enough for you champ??

So if the same criminals are always the ones that we vote for, then how does anything get changed for the better champ?

You do realize that the two candidates work for the same banks right? Romney wrote Obamacare? Did you know that champ?

Ohhhh, I get to vote between Burger King & McDonalds!! Both are gonna kill me boss.

Back
Top Bottom