Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

:wow:
laugh.gif

@ all the young beasts in this thread?

After all is said and done. When LBJ's career is over, If he doesnt win 6 championships, 6 finals MVPs, 5 League MVPs, 10 scoring titles, etc. He's shoes will NEVER come close to being popular  as the Air Jordan.

Even if he does that NO ONE will come close to the legacy of Jordan especially the legacy of his sneakers lets be real

Even John Goodman and Tim Allen were wearing Jays in Movies.

Who TF cares about Lebrons???

Jay-Z, Diddy, Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Spike Lee, Justin Bieber, Wale, T.I. and other celebrities wearing LeBrons

kevin james, joe budden, stalley, victor cruz, pharrell, 2 chainz, teyana taylor, chi mcbride, dj khaled, ace hood, ca$h out, fabolous, drake, marshall faulk, meek mill, flo rida, plies, nelly, the game, tristan wilds, kanye west, beanie sigel, dj drama, 50 cent, t-pain, terrence j., pusha-t, rick ross, t.i. and tiny, anthony morrow, anthony davis, kevin durant, wiz khalifa, terry crews, josh and drake

92% of the people pictured here had the shoes given to them.

I don't eem know why you included Wale, we all KNOW hes given shoes.

Last edited:
Ben Baller is given shoes too? Point? He's still clearly a "sneakerhead"

100% of NT would take shoes given to them, hell that's way easier of going thru the hassle nowadays.

100% of NT would take shoes given to them, hell that's way easier of going thru the hassle nowadays.

Just to clarify "92%" meant not everyone pictured.

Do you not know how marketing works?

interesting question, OP.

Honestly, sneaker culture is a whole different monster than it was 30 years ago...I think Lebron has a legit shot at surpassing Jordan in the sneaker department...definitely with the signature models....it could take a few years to get that unstoppable momentum going but I think it's possible in the long term. He DOES need to keep on winning, though, to remain culturally relevant and 'cool' and not screw up in the 'accused' department like a certain Laker a few years back...

A lot of the replies in here are coming from older cats focusing on irrelevant details - how could you possibly compare the sneaker market and economics of Jordan 1's to those of Lebron 1's? Ya'll sound like those old crusty haters hatin on the newer things you didn't grow up with...Face it, for those of us that grew up with Jordan as our sneaker savior - we're gettin older and times are changing. When I was in high school, I was one of like 5 other kids in my class of 200 that cared about shoes...go into a school now and you've got 5 kids in 200 that DON'T care about shoes.

When you're at the top of the mountain, there's really nowhere to go but down. Hate to break it to ya'll crusty haters, but Jordan is not going to sit on top of the sneaker game forever.

Anyway, good question OP.

Dude would post a pic with just a few celebs wearing Lebrons from the past 3 years, what about the older lebrons? Nobody cares about those crap.

Aint nobody tryna get lebrons from the past.

Jordan had EVERYONE wearing his sneakers. And still does. 

In 10 years nobody will give a damn about Lebrons, they'll be on the next best thing.

It will be the second biggest line compared to jordan but the thing about Lebrons shoes is that they are Basketball shoes first. Jordans such as the 1- 7, 11 etc just have a very casual feel to them and seem to mesh well with fashion

There's simple answer to this question:  NO.  

Let them retro any LeBron from 1-9 right now in a regular, general release colorway.  Do you think kids will be lined up all around the country for those?  Do you think they'll sell out across all major online retailers within minutes?  I don't.  

I could only see dudes beasting over Bron retros if they brought back the limited/hyped colorways.  That's not genuine popularity, IMO.  

It will be the second biggest line compared to jordan but the thing about Lebrons shoes is that they are Basketball shoes first. Jordans such as the 1- 7, 11 etc just have a very casual feel to them and seem to mesh well with fashion

That only because you've got accustomed to modern shoe technology. Back in their day 1 - 7 had cutting edge technology.

almost every single one of these replies in the negative have to do with their perception of the shoes at THIS MOMENT IN TIME. when I was a kid and J's were coming out on the regular, they were nowhere near as popular as they are today...not even close. Grape 5's? Aqua 8's? I saw those for YEARS after they initially released because nobody wanted a shoe with feminine colors.

The first pair of Jordans I ever got - Maroon 6's - I got these on discount (for $60) less than 6 months after they released. I can literally count on two hands how many pairs of Jordans I saw throughout high school - nobody bought Jordans where I grew up...and they really didn't seem to get mainstream approval in my town until the XI's. I remember almost every single model before the XI's sitting on shelves for MONTHS at a time...shoes that people line up for today and get all butt hurt over the RSVP system or whatever - you could have literally strolled into a Big 5 a FULL YEAR after release and they'd be there on DEEP discount. Today in the town I grew up in - I see little kids (like 5 years old) wearing Lebrons, KDs, and Kobes.

IMO Lebrons are and have already been more popular than their Jordan counterparts were AT THE TIME OF THEIR RELEASE. I think Lebron's have a LOT of potential.

South Beach 8s will be more desired than any Jordan in 10 years.

Nike has milked JB and any "grail" can be attained with an eBay account and at the most 4-500 bucks.

^^^ desired by who ?? Lol. Prices have nothing to do with desire. Jordan's are gonna be around and remembered forever. Only time will tell for lebrons but I doubt that.

On a side note, SB prices are set high but are not bought at those prices

give me a pair of Lebron and guess what, i still wont wear them :lol:

they are too damn bulky and big.

Lebrons will never be as popular as Jordans in 10-20 years. They dont have that clean, casual look of the earlier jordans.

Some lebrons look nice but like i said, they are like boots :x

almost every single one of these replies in the negative have to do with their perception of the shoes at THIS MOMENT IN TIME. when I was a kid and J's were coming out on the regular, they were nowhere near as popular as they are today...not even close. Grape 5's? Aqua 8's? I saw those for YEARS after they initially released because nobody wanted a shoe with feminine colors.

The first pair of Jordans I ever got - Maroon 6's - I got these on discount (for $60) less than 6 months after they released. I can literally count on two hands how many pairs of Jordans I saw throughout high school - nobody bought Jordans where I grew up...and they really didn't seem to get mainstream approval in my town until the XI's. I remember almost every single model before the XI's sitting on shelves for MONTHS at a time...shoes that people line up for today and get all butt hurt over the RSVP system or whatever - you could have literally strolled into a Big 5 a FULL YEAR after release and they'd be there on DEEP discount. Today in the town I grew up in - I see little kids (like 5 years old) wearing Lebrons, KDs, and Kobes.

IMO Lebrons are and have already been more popular than their Jordan counterparts were AT THE TIME OF THEIR RELEASE. I think Lebron's have a LOT of potential.

Where tdid you live?

:lol:

I remember some Jordans sitting because they were really expensive( think the prices Lebrons are moving to now) and they were super mass produced. They were literally everywhere. Plus the culture was different back then people didn't hoard shoes back( none of these I need to double up stuff) You buy one colorway and if you were rich, you might 2 coolrways..... thars it! Also when the new model came out, nobody wanted to be caught wearing the old models. It was just way different back then,

You double the production of a shoe like the Lebron X and only release a Home, Away, ASG and Alternate colorways. Those things would rot on shelves.

Nope. 

Lebron's have consistently relied on the Swoosh logo as an integral part of the design. 

Jordan's? Tinker Hatfield went completely left field with each and every design he's done, and with III to the XIII, every shoe had resonated well with society at the time of its release. If you take a step back and take a look at the aesthetic design of the XII, the XIII, the VII, the III, any Jordan, they are bizarre in a good way. 

Lebron's? Don't get me wrong, they look nice, but they are pretty typical and what you would expect. 

Ignoring aesthetics, Kobe's are the GOAT performance wise though. 

Nope. 

Lebron's have consistently relied on the Swoosh logo as an integral part of the design. 

Jordan's? Tinker Hatfield went completely left field with each and every design he's done, and with III to the XIII, every shoe had resonated well with society at the time of its release. If you take a step back and take a look at the aesthetic design of the XII, the XIII, the VII, the III, any Jordan, they are bizarre in a good way. 

Lebron's? Don't get me wrong, they look nice, but they are pretty typical and what you would expect. 

Ignoring aesthetics, Kobe's are the GOAT performance wise though. 

i think this is something i can buy - Tinkers designs were way left field and were pretty timeless....the swoosh thing, too, that makes the argument a bit more difficult...

for a smaller, quicker type player, yeah Kobe's performance-wise are the best. if you're a big dude, though, I'd think Lebrons would be the way to go (but I'm a little dude so I really don't know).

also, for the dude that I asked, I grew up in a small mountain town in California near Lake Tahoe called Truckee (population 11k).

answers like this is why i stay away from NT for days at a time

There's simple answer to this question:  NO.  

Let them retro any LeBron from 1-9 right now in a regular, general release colorway.  Do you think kids will be lined up all around the country for those?  Do you think they'll sell out across all major online retailers within minutes?  I don't.  

Not disagreeing, cuz right now they wouldn't sell. But same thing happened when Jordan was at his pinnacle in the 90's his retros didn't sell either.

I can see his shoes selling out when he's retired however. But they will still never be Jordan's.

Back
Top Bottom