Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

Jordan first round of retroes used to sit on shelves.....nowadays is not even about Lebron, is about the hype, for God's sakes sneakers that moms used to buy their kids because they were not about to drop money on nikes, Fila's and Reeboks are now flying out the stores....lets keep it real, no kid wanted a pair of Fila's growing up, yet today everyone is like "YO THEM JOINTS IS FIRE!"

roll.gif
The Filas with the strap were fire back in the day, 80s babies should know this, but you do have a point it's all about hype now. It's apples and oranges since there can't be a comparison from a line of shoes that started it to one that is in the center of the hype era.

Well to be honest it seems like a lot of the people beasting over Kemps are ones who remember him growing up. I don't see many younger cats in my area wanting the Reebok classics. I'm sure in the larger urban markets where fashion is key to your social acceptance it's a lot different.

Funny thing is most them dudes probably hated the shoe and if it ended up on their feet was because their parents made them settle for them since they were cheaper than jays :lol:

Now those same dudes tomabout...I member I had them joints and love them...yeah right...ya was wishing that first day of school it was some jays on your feet and not some grant hill's

:lol:

I think Lebron's are made and based on his style of play.  Not sure if they ever will be as smooth and clean as some of these............

Lol at lebrons being iconic. The SB colorway is the only thing known about lebrons, not the shoes, just the colorway. The shoes themselves aren't even identifiable to the general public. Lebron's only started selling out because people thought after the SB,s they are all resell gold. The corks just restarted that notion

Last edited:
the lebron X is one of the lamest shoes out,if nike would've gave him the hyperposite it would've been another story tho..

the south beach 9's were aiight, but def not worth all the hype it got and the prices being asked for now..

the 8's pre heat were pretty neat looking ill give him that one..

now compare jordans 1-10 and now lebrons, yeah no competion there.

Last edited:
People gotta realize jordans wont last forever. Im really thinking alot of u dudes just started wearing em in 07/08 because during the times of release they werent identified by their #s. I remember me n my dad walking in ftl n grabbing js weeks after release dates. I remember the olive 9s getting marked down to 59.99 at spots around me since noone bought em. Moral of the story jordans will go out eventually n what better shoe to take tgeir spot then lebrons. Within the next 5-6 years people will be searching online for lbj 1s, 2s n nike will begin rereleasing eventually

First of all, I'm way late on this thread :lol:. I don't think Lebron's would be as popular as Jordans because for starters, Lebrons are so gimmicked now, it's lost it's meaning. They come up with cw's that have nothing to do with his athletic story. Example: how does his shoe get a Miami Hurricane's makeup? He never went there, has no connection to the college program, yet that cw gets made up simply because he plays in Miami, . At least with the AJ line, there was a connection to the player's basketball journey that was substantiated by his play on the court. Take this in comparison to the AJ X, when it first came out, the stats on the shoe were marketing with substance. It was kind of gimmicky, BUT it had a connection to what the player actually did on the court. In addition to that UNC colorways in teh AJ line are justified because it shows the connection to his college years. Would it have made sense to have Chicago Bears cw of OG Jordans simply because he plays in Chicago? No.

@Willchamberlain - of course they won't last forever, but they have stuck around pretty well. I think the fact that players wore Jordans while he was still playing shows the popularity. Players wear Lebrons now, but in comparison, more players wore Jordans while he played and even more now years after.

Last edited:
I rather cop some brons over jordans at this point. Lebrons won't be as popular as Jordan ever but they will be damn close.

No way. Almost every single Jordan had some inspiration and was very influential in the market. Some of ya'll need a history lesson and read "Driven from Within". Such an awesome book if you want to know the story, design and inspiration behind every AJ

People gotta realize jordans wont last forever. Im really thinking alot of u dudes just started wearing em in 07/08 because during the times of release they werent identified by their #s. I remember me n my dad walking in ftl n grabbing js weeks after release dates. I remember the olive 9s getting marked down to 59.99 at spots around me since noone bought em. Moral of the story jordans will go out eventually n what better shoe to take tgeir spot then lebrons. Within the next 5-6 years people will be searching online for lbj 1s, 2s n nike will begin rereleasing eventually

You gotta look at it from a reseller standpoint. Jordan's are the reason Lebrons are popular. Jordan's made shoes popular, now beasts want anything they can get and that includes lebrons.

There's a reason most resellers try and flip jays. There is no money to be made with Nike basketball products aside from the limited releases

I love how people refer to sales to see if something is iconic. Back then Jordan didn't sell out because they were overpriced and people waited for them to go on sale..... Sounds weird huh? People actually not bending over to throw money at nike, not thirsting for reps, or street cred.

You gotta look at it from a reseller standpoint. Jordan's are the reason Lebrons are popular. Jordan's made shoes popular, now beasts want anything they can get and that includes lebrons.

There's a reason most resellers try and flip jays. There is no money to be made with Nike basketball products aside from the limited releases

Lol, how much money is actually made on selling a pair of Jordan's nowadays? They retail at 160 and are sold for about 230-240. Throw in tax, gas, shipping, eBay fees, PayPal fees, and time, how much do you actually come away with? Lunch money

Lol, how much money is actually made on selling a pair of Jordan's nowadays? They retail at 160 and are sold for about 230-240. Throw in tax, gas, shipping, eBay fees, PayPal fees, and time, how much do you actually come away with? Lunch money

That's not reseller stuff selling for those price. DBs, Bin23, and this whole "88" 3 movement is what's selling for profits of over $100 after everything is said and done. Ain't nobody nickel and diming.

I'm talking about in comparison to Lebrons. I've tried to sell some of my collection off. And I always have a harder time pushing my Lebrons than Jordan's.

Amount of Profit has nothing to do with it my man. I'm talking purely on what people want. And thats Jordan's over brons anydah

That's not reseller stuff selling for those price. DBs, Bin23, and this whole "88" 3 movement is what's selling for profits of over $100 after everything is said and done. Ain't nobody nickel and diming.

You're talking about releases that occur 3-4 times a year. The majority of the time that's not the case. Don't tell me people aren't buying up every Jordan release in hopes to make money

I'm talking about in comparison to Lebrons. I've tried to sell some of my collection off. And I always have a harder time pushing my Lebrons than Jordan's.

Amount of Profit has nothing to do with it my man. I'm talking purely on what people want. And thats Jordan's over brons anydah

Did, literally, i not JUST say that?

Last edited:
The performance and durability aspect of the LeBron X are some of the best ever...better than any of the I-XXIII Jordan sigs, imo. Look-wise, I would assume 90% of the general public would choose Jordans over LeBrons.

But if we're talking about using these shoes for what they're meant to be used for...this J's vs LeBrons conversation shouldn't be as lopsided...

Last edited:
The styling is so diff on both lines! Jordan almost went after sleek sports cars and dress shoes as inspirations , while lebrons shoes are tech monsters and seem to be going in that direction . I think everyone has said some valuable things , we should just enjoy both lines , as of now though it is important to remember that Jordan started the whole sneaker addiction for many . I'm not saying he was the first sneaker, but he changed the sneaker game forever ; while LeBron is following Jordan there can never be another first...

Back
Top Bottom