Will Smith Producing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot

Actually enjoying it, the first episode was like wtf. But it actually lighten up as it goes.

I appreciate Jabari (playing Will) keeping some of Will Smith’s facial, body gestures he used to do in the OG show. You’ll see it from time to time.

Right but he's not the famous high profile lawyer like Uncle Phil is supposed to be running for office. Phil is closer to Willie E Gary aka "the giant killer" who according to the internets is worth $200 mill as opposed to any lawyer. They mentioned him winning big class action suit settlements.
willie-e-gary-4ecb098a-17b4-436c-b443-80fd9f1e7d4-resize-750.jpg

Thats my man. One of the nicest guys to be around. Funny, one of his son went the illegal route. Happens all the time.

But you’re right, there’s a lot of attorneys that are living the lifestyle that’s somewhat similar to the show - especially if you have a private practice; malpractices, criminal, contracts, entertainment, etc.

Last edited:
Only watched the first ep so far.

This Will got a streak of being annoying and super stupid. **** is glaring without the comedy.

Its funny how in the OG w/e trouble Will got in never got addressed again. In this I feel like dude that think Will a snitch is going to show up in LA and try to kill him :lol:

As dark as Carlton is can't believe he's that much of an oreo. Dancing around white boys saying *****. Could not be me. But I guess its on brand with the OG Carlton.

Will foul for messing with Carlton's ex. I'd at least tell my cuz I'm gonna smash his ex.

Aunt Viv and Hilary so damn fine 🔥

Uncle Phil was some spitting some real. I find it a bit weird he's running for DA instead of being a judge but I guess that's for the plot.

To this day I aint never never been clear who was Will's blood relation, Uncle Phil or Aunt Viv. If its Phil I don't know how fam could just have his sister living in squalor as a single mother raising a son in West Philly. Same if it's Aunt Viv really but in both versions Phil seemed like the bread winner.
Will’s trouble did get addressed in the OG Series. He went to fight the bully when he went to philly to visit and the bully matured and didnt want to fight him

Will’s trouble did get addressed in the OG Series. He went to fight the bully when he went to philly to visit and the bully matured and didnt want to fight him
I barely remember the episode. Think he was psyching himself up to fight dude only for that outcome. I do recall him going back to Philly though.

The way the comedy frames it as Will's mom sending him away cuz of a bully is crazy tho :lol: Especially for the 90s.

Will being upset that brokeys from Philly don't want to be friends with him anymore. You live in a mansion they live in West Philly. This sh** is so unrealistic :rofl:

Last edited:
Will being upset that brokeys from Philly don't want to be friends with him anymore. You live in a mention they live in West Philly. This sh** is so unrealistic :rofl:
Not unrealistic at all. Also pretty sure they had an episode in the original when he went home and didn’t receive a warm welcome.

Not unrealistic at all. Also pretty sure they had an episode in the original when he went home and didn’t receive a warm welcome.

They had an OG episode when Will brought his friend from Philly to Bel-Air.

This the episode when Will goes back to Philly:

Last edited:
Will being upset that brokeys from Philly don't want to be friends with him anymore. You live in a mention they live in West Philly. This sh** is so unrealistic :rofl:

Not unrealistic at all. Happens all the time. Folks be leaving the hood, and the hood mad because he/she doesn’t want to come back. “You changed” “you left us”.

Can you blame him? He the same G but wants to make better life for himself, and his friend’s jealousy and selfishness wants Will to stay in the same position as him. Misery loves company.

Not unrealistic at all. Happens all the time. Folks be leaving the hood, and the hood mad because he/she doesn’t want to come back. “You changed” “you left us”.

Can you blame him? He the same G but wants to make better life for himself, and his friend’s jealousy and selfishness wants Will to stay in the same position as him. Misery loves company.

They had an OG episode when Will brought his friend from Philly to Bel-Air - basically clowned Will and called him fake for leaving.

This the episode when Will goes back to Philly:

By unrealistic I mean as long as I'm in that mansion I'm not shedding a single tear over jealous hating "friends" . :rofl:

In the original series, Trae looked out for Will and wasn’t even mad that he went to Bel-Air but this is a realistic take on how it could’ve went if Trae had a different mindset. I would have played it smart, make connections while in Bel-Air, take Will up on his offers for breaks and Summer Vacation, and tried to get some type of internship or small job.

I think people are misunderstanding what I meant by unrealistic. His poor friends jealous reaction is realistic. To me at least will living in a mansion and caring what peasants in Philly think of him is unrealistic. I'm not living a life of luxury and crying over some bums posting about how I abandoned them on the internet. I'm supposed to go back to the ghetto because of your feelings?:rofl:

How many episodes have come out? Haven’t checked it out yet. :rofl::rofl::rofl: at not knowing if will wasrelated to Phil or Viv.

Back
Top Bottom