Will T-Mac get past the First Round

I wanna see how they respond to the losing streak being broken... They've got LA, Boston, New Orleans, Golden State, Phoenix and San Antonio (the last 4are road trips) before the end of the month, and I wanna see how they respond coming off a loss.

There's still about 20 games left, so it'll be interesting to see if they're peaking a bit too soon...

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Not as long as he's in the league.

this dude
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Unfortunately no, and once they're eliminated, I hope the Rockets trainers take away T-Mac's shoe laces and belt...

I know this. All the teams in the history of the game to throw up 18 or 19 or more game winning streaks won it all that season. So that is pressure rightthere on Houston. But due to Yao, I do understand and give them a pass if they don't win it all. BUT........if they don't at least get out of thefirst round. If it happens AGAIN, I don't ever want to see TMac's name on NT again. Houston fans should agree that is only fair to take his nameoutta their vocabulary for good.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I know this. All the teams in the history of the game to throw up 18 or 19 or more game winning streaks won it all that season. So that is pressure right there on Houston. But due to Yao, I do understand and give them a pass if they don't win it all. BUT........if they don't at least get out of the first round. If it happens AGAIN, I don't ever want to see TMac's name on NT again. Houston fans should agree that is only fair to take his name outta their vocabulary for good.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I wanna see how they respond to the losing streak being broken... They've got LA, Boston, New Orleans, Golden State, Phoenix and San Antonio (the last 4 are road trips) before the end of the month, and I wanna see how they respond coming off a loss.

There's still about 20 games left, so it'll be interesting to see if they're peaking a bit too soon...

wow, u said the exact same thing as tmac did yesterday. he said he knew the streak will end sometime, but he wants to see how they respond in the next fewgames. i think they're prepared. we all know the streak will end sooner or later.

I know this. All the teams in the history of the game to throw up 18 or 19 or more game winning streaks won it all that season. So that is pressure right there on Houston. But due to Yao, I do understand and give them a pass if they don't win it all. BUT........if they don't at least get out of the first round. If it happens AGAIN, I don't ever want to see TMac's name on NT again. Houston fans should agree that is only fair to take his name outta their vocabulary for good.
laugh.gif

u do know that kobe hasn't advanced without shaq (without a star player too) right?

right now, this team's talent is not even CLOSE to any of the top teams. what he's doing is amazing. his leadership is on another level.

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

u do know that kobe hasn't advanced without shaq (without a star player too) right?

right now, this team's talent is not even CLOSE to any of the top teams. what he's doing is amazing. his leadership is on another level.

Yes sir I do. And you do know that those teams had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton as 3 outta the 5 starters. We are also talking about 2seasons, just two. TMac we are talking about 10. TEN. And he has had some questioable starters in his day, sure, but he's also had Yao and done squat.

And for how many years have I seen you rep TMac and his amazing leadership and other level and yadi yadi ya, and then out in the first round and you disapeartil next season. So you're whole another level stuff is tired.

What I said is true. He gets a pass if they don't win it all even with the big streak. I'm not sweatin that. But he has to get out of the firstround period to ever be even considered a decent player. Til he does that, he's no better then Corey Maggette in my eyes.

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

Yes sir I do. And you do know that those teams had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton as 3 outta the 5 starters. We are also talking about 2 seasons, just two. TMac we are talking about 10. TEN. And he has had some questioable starters in his day, sure, but he's also had Yao and done squat.

And for how many years have I seen you rep TMac and his amazing leadership and other level and yadi yadi ya, and then out in the first round and you disapear til next season. So you're whole another level stuff is tired.

What I said is true. He gets a pass if they don't win it all even with the big streak. I'm not sweatin that. But he has to get out of the first round period to ever be even considered a decent player. Til he does that, he's no better then Corey Maggette in my eyes.

um, kobe MISSED the playoffs in his first yr without shaq WITH ODOM & BUTLER. so dawg, don't tell me he had zero talent. the reason the lakers arebetter this yr is b/c kobe finally TRUSTED his teammates, which it took him 10 years to do.

sure, at least corey maggette got past the first round a few yrs ago. i don't think u can compare tmac to him
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

Yes sir I do. And you do know that those teams had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton as 3 outta the 5 starters. We are also talking about 2 seasons, just two. TMac we are talking about 10. TEN. And he has had some questioable starters in his day, sure, but he's also had Yao and done squat.

And for how many years have I seen you rep TMac and his amazing leadership and other level and yadi yadi ya, and then out in the first round and you disapear til next season. So you're whole another level stuff is tired.

What I said is true. He gets a pass if they don't win it all even with the big streak. I'm not sweatin that. But he has to get out of the first round period to ever be even considered a decent player. Til he does that, he's no better then Corey Maggette in my eyes.

um, kobe MISSED the playoffs in his first yr without shaq WITH ODOM & BUTLER. so dawg, don't tell me he had zero talent. the reason the lakers are better this yr is b/c kobe finally TRUSTED his teammates, which it took him 10 years to do.

sure, at least corey maggette got past the first round a few yrs ago. i don't think u can compare tmac to him
tired.gif

Yes, the season that Kobe missed a month, Odom missed a few weeks and the coach retired because he couldn't hack it. That team was simply peicesof a team. Divac was out damn near the whole season, Chucky Atkins was the starting point guard. Walton and George were the only holdovers along with Bryantfrom the previous season. So don't act like that team was built to win or anything like that. It was a pure rebuilding year and they've done a goodjob since. But this has nothing to do with Kobe. That man has 3 titles. And he did that when he was 20 years old. This is about TMac. He's had plentyof time to just win one series. Just one. So we'll see how this season plays out.

And I didn't mean to insult Corey with the comparison. He's done more in his career then Tracy has.

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

um, kobe MISSED the playoffs in his first yr without shaq WITH ODOM & BUTLER. so dawg, don't tell me he had zero talent. the reason the lakers are better this yr is b/c kobe finally TRUSTED his teammates, which it took him 10 years to do.

tired.gif

Yes, the season that Kobe missed a month, Odom missed a few weeks and the coach retired because he couldn't hack it. That team was simply peices of a team. Divac was out damn near the whole season, Chucky Atkins was the starting point guard. Walton and George were the only holdovers along with Bryant from the previous season. So don't act like that team was built to win or anything like that. It was a pure rebuilding year and they've done a good job since. But this has nothing to do with Kobe. That man has 3 titles. And he did that when he was 20 years old. This is about TMac. He's had plenty of time to just win one series. Just one. So we'll see how this season plays out.

And I didn't mean to insult Corey with the comparison. He's done more in his career then Tracy has.

i know u didn't. he def. has accomplished more. the all-nbas, scoring titles, all-star appearances, top 5 MVP votes... for sure man. i wish tmac hadcorey's career
tired.gif

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

tired.gif
Yes, the season that Kobe missed a month, Odom missed a few weeks and the coach retired because he couldn't hack it. That team was simply peices of a team. Divac was out damn near the whole season, Chucky Atkins was the starting point guard. Walton and George were the only holdovers along with Bryant from the previous season. So don't act like that team was built to win or anything like that. It was a pure rebuilding year and they've done a good job since. But this has nothing to do with Kobe. That man has 3 titles. And he did that when he was 20 years old. This is about TMac. He's had plenty of time to just win one series. Just one. So we'll see how this season plays out.

i know u didn't. he def. has accomplished more. the all-nbas, scoring titles, all-star appearances, top 5 MVP votes... for sure man. i wish tmac had corey's career
tired.gif

I see, so now we see what is truly important to you as a TMac fan. #'s. Winning isn't important, just put up numbers. How noble of you. Yetyou sit and judge the way Kobe plays and the way he gets it done. That's interesting.

Corey second round visit > TMac MVP votes, all star games.

BullsRepeat3Peat

He's done more in his career then Tracy has.
do mean individually or winning wise?
Winning of course. It's all that matters. Tracy can keep all her numbers and accolades. If he don't win something soon, his career willbe pretty suspect.

Just last week people were discounting them from even making the playoffs. I think they can get past the first round depending on who their opponent is, butthey stand a good chance.

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

tired.gif

i know u didn't. he def. has accomplished more. the all-nbas, scoring titles, all-star appearances, top 5 MVP votes... for sure man. i wish tmac had corey's career
tired.gif

I see, so now we see what is truly important to you as a TMac fan. #'s. Winning isn't important, just put up numbers. How noble of you. Yet you sit and judge the way Kobe plays and the way he gets it done. That's interesting.

BullsRepeat3Peat

Winning of course. It's all that matters. Tracy can keep all her numbers and accolades. If he don't win something soon, his career will be pretty suspect.

winning is the ultimate goal. but from your comparison, horry > all active players right now since he has 6 rings. your logic is just way off.

Honestly though, is a second round visit that much better? It's not like he got to the Western ConferenceFinals or anything. If he had done that, I could see where you would have a point, but a second round visit isn't really that much better (especially if you factor in numbers).

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

tired.gif

tired.gif
I see, so now we see what is truly important to you as a TMac fan. #'s. Winning isn't important, just put up numbers. How noble of you. Yet you sit and judge the way Kobe plays and the way he gets it done. That's interesting.

BullsRepeat3Peat

Winning of course. It's all that matters. Tracy can keep all her numbers and accolades. If he don't win something soon, his career will be pretty suspect.

winning is the ultimate goal. but from your comparison, horry > all active players right now since he has 6 rings. your logic is just way off.

Horry has 7 rings. And imo I think he belongs in the hall of fame. I know that is an unpopular opinion but if you were to show a video of thegreatest moments in NBA history and of course that would have to include playoffs and playoff performances, Horry would be in there a dozen times. So myopinion is how could you not have that guy in the hall? I know he doesn't have numbers, I know he was on good teams, superstars etc, but what he did inall those series is remarkable. While your boy just tries to win one series, just one, Robert Horry has won something like SIXTY FIVE series. I would takeRobert Horry on my team before TMac any day of the week.

Corey > Tracy....
indifferent.gif

Ok, let's see how many GMs would take Maggette before McGrady.

I don't know if dudes on here realize that when they make comments like that just for attention, it makes people not take some of the other stuff they sayseriously.

Either way, I'm not surprised this thread has turned into a "Bash Tracy McGrady" thread.

And as usual, the bashing is led by a Laker fan.

nyk buc wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif

tired.gif

tired.gif

BullsRepeat3Peat

Horry has 7 rings. And imo I think he belongs in the hall of fame. I know that is an unpopular opinion but if you were to show a video of the greatest moments in NBA history and of course that would have to include playoffs and playoff performances, Horry would be in there a dozen times. So my opinion is how could you not have that guy in the hall? I know he doesn't have numbers, I know he was on good teams, superstars etc, but what he did in all those series is remarkable. While your boy just tries to win one series, just one, Robert Horry has won something like SIXTY FIVE series. I would take Robert Horry on my team before TMac any day of the week.

that's the stupidest thing i have ever heard. you're comparing a guy who plays 12-15 mins a game (and the past 6-8 yrs who simply take the reg.season off), to a guy who has to carry franchises. please, stop before you embarrass yourself. if by your comparison, why don't we just rank players bythe amount of rings they win?
roll.gif

It's ok to think T-Mac is a joke for not getting into the second round.

It's ok to not like T-Mac period.

But your basketball opinion is null and void when you would rather have guys like Horry + Magette on your team over T-Mac.

Null and void.
laugh.gif

NO!

- the rockests will not even make the playoffs......print that. they will crash and it will be fast and hard.....sig bets anyone?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I wanna see how they respond to the losing streak being broken... They've got LA, Boston, New Orleans, Golden State, Phoenix and San Antonio (the last 4 are road trips) before the end of the month, and I wanna see how they respond coming off a loss.

wow, u said the exact same thing as tmac did yesterday. he said he knew the streak will end sometime, but he wants to see how they respond in the next few games. i think they're prepared. we all know the streak will end sooner or later.

It's the absolute truth. 100% fact. Once they get beat and have the air knocked out of them a little bit, how they respond the next couple of gameswill be far more telling of what this team is going to do than this 19 game win streak is telling us now... If they get punched in the mouth and the streakends, and they come out and follow it up with a couple more losses, then what?

Back
Top Bottom